Disneyland vs WDW which is better for character M&G's?

The next easiest place to meet Stitch would be the California Adventure Disney Visa Greeting Area. CMs won't always tell you who is there so you can't really guarantee seeing Stitch.

It's a YMMV situation. I've never experienced at DLR not being told who is greeting (in fact sometimes a separate line forms while waiting for a certain character to come out). Only at WDW was I ever told they can't tell me. But I have heard from a few people that some CMs at DLR will not tell you.

We met Stitch at the Disney Visa Meet and Greet. We had great character interaction. The CM wouldn't tell us who we were meeting...(I was hoping for Minnie!)

Lilo is rare. I saw her once last year during the get your ears on party in Tomorrowland. She was dancing on stage.

Stitch is also at Mickeys Magical Map show, though not for meet and greet. He performs.
Yeah Lilo appears to be quite rare at all the parks it seems. The only guaranteed place I’ve seen her is at ‘Ohana at the Polynesian in WDW

I've only ever seen him at the Paradise Pier breakfast. Even then, the last time we were there was when Mickey was still there, but I think Stitch still can be found there. We had a lot of interaction time with him there so if you're a Stitch lover I think it's worth it :) When we were there the other characters were Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Daisy.

Attachments

• IMG_9896.JPG
    IMG_9896.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yeah Lilo appears to be quite rare at all the parks it seems. The only guaranteed place I’ve seen her is at ‘Ohana at the Polynesian in WDW

Lilo is fairly regular at Karibuni Marketplace in Hong Kong. Usually, there's 2 or 3 sets of 2 characters on a rotation: Lilo/Stitch, Jasmine/Genie, Carl/Russel, Nick/Judy, Donald/Daisy, Timon/Rafiki, or Louie/Baloo. She's obviously not guaranteed on any given day but I wouldn't consider her rare either.

Your best best is donalds seaside breakfast. That is the name of the character meal at Paradise Pier. It had Donald, daisy. Stitch, and Minnie. And it is one of our absolute favorite character meals! We always have great interactions with stitch there!! We also like the food there, but we aren’t hard to please.

Disneyland for sure! I feel like we don't have to really "wait" too long to meet them. It's not as planned as it seems to be in WDW. Disneyland is like "oh look! There's Pluto!" and maybe like 5 people...I find Disneyland's style of character interactions far more magical and less structured. Also much quicker, we like the spontaneity of it all.

Disneyland for sure! I feel like we don't have to really "wait" too long to meet them. It's not as planned as it seems to be in WDW. Disneyland is like "oh look! There's Pluto!" and maybe like 5 people...I find Disneyland's style of character interactions far more magical and less structured. Also much quicker, we like the spontaneity of it all.
Yeah and I’ve heard characters ride rides with people at Disneyland (although at WDW I have heard of the Tremaines riding the carousel), like Alice & Mad Hatter riding the tea cups and the storybook boat ride

I love the interactions at DL best. Not all are meet and greets. Example, Peter rarely stays in one place. I love the magic that can just happen.

69974765_10220264621989277_3543845818794508288_n.jpg

I love the interactions at DL best. Not all are meet and greets. Example, Peter rarely stays in one place. I love the magic that can just happen.

69974765_10220264621989277_3543845818794508288_n.jpg
Yeah I’ve heard of him going pretty much anywhere in Fantasyland, even by the freaking Dumbo ride and I saw one vid of him insulting the Evil Queen who did nothing, then he insulted the Queen of Hearts and she chased after him and he blamed it on the Tweedles 😂

Sorry, edited as this was posted in the wrong thread somehow??? Losing my marbles!

Last edited:
When I first visited Disneyland in 1991 there seemed to be a lot of character meet and greets but when I was there in 2004 I noticed that some characters are hard to find. Like for example when I went to Disneyland in the 90's my cousin and I first saw Pocahontas and Meeko at the Disneyland Hotel and she noticed my cousin and me and talked to us and introduced us to Meeko but I didn't get her autograph or Meeko's but ever since on every Disneyland vacation I have never seen Pocahontas do meet and greets but I have gotten Meeko's autograph at WDW and so it tells me that Pocahontas doesn't appear much in the parks anymore. A second character that isn't seen that much is Genie from Aladdin and when Aladdin and Jasmine have done meet and greets Genie used to appear with them and would be solo at character breakfasts but I also have noticed like Pocahontas Genie is another character that seems to be forgotten and doesn't do meet and greets as much. I can honestly say that when it comes to letting your kids do meet and greets Disneyland is the weakest link and when I went to WDW in 1997 I found WDW has the better characters for children and is easier to get autographs from. But Disneyland should bring out some of the familiar favorites like Scrooge McDuck Gadget from Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers Roger Rabbit and my favorite Dodger from Oliver And Company. Now that would be really cool

If you're looking for Stitch he usually appears with Lilo or solo at the Pizza-Oo-Mow-Mow restaurant in DCA. When I went to Disneyland in 2002 I got to see Lilo and get an autograph and she was so darling and the character handler for Lilo gave everyone flower stickers too. But the only thing I got of Stitch was a photo of him but no autograph

If you're looking for Stitch he usually appears with Lilo or solo at the Pizza-Oo-Mow-Mow restaurant in DCA...
Pizza Oom Mow Mow closed permanently in 2010. As pp said above, before the closure, Donald's character breakfast at the PPH and the Visa M&G in DCA were the best places to meet Stitch. This may not be the case after the parks reopen, so people should check before visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter