Disneyland show?

It is a vacation planning podcast/youtube show for WDW fans that are thinking of going to DLR mostly. I guess that beings in more money to Dreams Unlimited than the old show. As someone who goes to Disneyland about once a year or two and who has only been to WDW once, I realize I am not the target audience.
Which is why Pete and Ryno don't belong on it at all it should be hosted only by the folks from California and maybe from time to time have the Orlando Team on as guests when they do a trip report or talk about the ABD trips tDisneylandnd.

Pete and Ryno have been encouraging us to follow them on social media so I think it’s okay to reference it here. It’s interesting because I see signs this amount of travel is wearing on them. Pete has been frustrated with the DL hotels multiple times, Ryno frustrated with the airlines. Both posted they were anxious to get back to Orlando this last trip. A post by Ryno this morning indicated dread at returning to Anaheim again so quickly.
Pete used to heap praise on DL at every turn, now it’s far much less so.
It SOUNDS luxurious to stay at the fancy hotels and eat theme park food all the time. In truth, home is where we’d all rather be day in and day out. There is so much joy and satisfaction from our daily routines, our roots, our families, a home cooked meal, our pets and sleeping in our own beds.
I don’t blame them one bit. It’s makes perfect sense to me.
Seeing what they are saying after only two months it all seem so unsustainable long term. How tired of this will they be of this in six months? In a year?

Last edited:
Pete and Ryno have been encouraging us to follow them on social media so I think it’s okay to reference it here. It’s interesting because I see signs this amount of travel is wearing on them. Pete has been frustrated with the DL hotels multiple times, Ryno frustrated with the airlines. Both posted they were anxious to get back to Orlando this last trip. A post by Ryno this morning indicated dread at returning to Anaheim again so quickly.
It SOUNDS luxurious to stay at the fancy hotels and eat theme park food all the time. In truth, home is where we’d all rather be day in and day out. There is so much joy and satisfaction from our daily routines, our roots, our families, a home cooked meal, our pets and sleeping in our own beds.
Seeing what they are saying after only two months it all seem so unsustainable long term. How tired of this will they be of this in six months? In a year?
It sounds like going to Disneyland has become work fro them instead of where they went to Vacation.

I think when the WDW team goes to DLR they need to each stay at a different off property hotel every time and give a detailed review. That would actually help me plan my vacations. I can afford to stay on property as long as I watch what I spend, but I would much rather spend that money on an extra day and a few dining experiences!

Anyone watch this week? I took a few weeks off and watched. First off "Welcome Back Nancy!!!" Second of all I think Katrina is my spirit animal, she was cracking me up. This week made me very jealous I won't be there for Halloween. Could it have been a bit more in depth? Sure. But it made me excited for all the Halloween vlogs coming up!

I think when the WDW team goes to DLR they need to each stay at a different off property hotel every time and give a detailed review. That would actually help me plan my vacations. I can afford to stay on property as long as I watch what I spend, but I would much rather spend that money on an extra day and a few dining experiences!

I agree, especially considering how wildly expensive that DLR hotels are!

I stayed at the Hyatt a few years back and really enjoyed it ..great location and had a 2 room suite for a fraction of the cost of a DL resort... I really enjoy the DL Hotel.. but just can’t rationalize the cost anymore... definitely would like to hear Pete and Ryno’s take on some off site options

Amen.

When vacation becomes your job it becomes less special and less magical in my opinion. Still an amazing opportunity they are enjoying working for Pete.

Which is why Pete and Ryno don't belong on it at all it should be hosted only by the folks from California and maybe from time to time have the Orlando Team on as guests when they do a trip report or talk about the ABD trips tDisneylandnd.

Yeah, I have to agree. I LOVE Pete and Ryno and really respect their expertise about WDW, but they just aren't DL experts and can't become experts in a couple of weeks or months. There was a conversation in last week's episode that really drove this home -- Katrina and Tyler mentioned concerns about DL not being ready for the opening of the new Star Wars land and Pete seemed surprised and quickly dismissed the idea. But several of my SoCal friends (who are longtime AP holders) have been saying the EXACT same thing for months. They keep saying that DL does NOT seem ready, they are very worried about crowds and chaos in the opening days. Of course, Disney is very good at this stuff and they may pull it out in the end, but I'm DYING to hear what Tom, Michael, MaryJo, etc think about this. Between this and some other general uncertainty around a few topics (dates, specifics, etc.) during the show, I can't help but really miss the expertise that the old team brought.

And I completely understand the thinking behind changing the show, I do get it...but I also think I'm kind of the target demo for the DL show, so I feel like my feedback might be useful to the team. I live in Orlando and have almost no experience with DL. I was listening to the DL show a lot a few years ago (right before the 60th anniversary) and I got so excited about what I heard I planned a trip that summer! I've gone back 2 more times since then and now consider DL a favorite vacation destination. The DL podcast was such a big part of my experience, I really valued the team's in-depth knowledge of the parks, restaurants, and surrounding areas (after listening to Tom's walk down Katella I felt like I knew my way around town the minute we got to the hotel), and I LOVED the trip-planning segments. I learned so much! And it was the specific kind of information that a DL newbie needs...which parks to do on which day, how to make the most of the legacy FP system, when to hit rope-drop and when to skip it, etc.

I keep trying to listen to the new version of the show, but when they spend so much time on segments like "which defunct attraction do you wish you could have ridden?" -- I'm not sure how that is supposed to make me want to make a trip to DL? I think that's a great topic for Michael Bowling and the Connecting With Walt show, super interesting for sure, but it seems strange that this is a topic being covered so soon on the new and improved DL show.

Ryno posted a short clip at the Hollywood sign on Instagram stories and you can hear Mary Jo in the background. So it appears he and Pete held to their promise and are on the full blown Melado LA tour today.
I actually mapped it all out on google maps and it does appear doable. I sent it to my phone for my next trip. I bookmared the tabs for Kodak theatre tour and the TCL movie tickets, in case I want to try to add those on as well.
I’ll be interested to hear if Pete and Ryno make it to all the stops haha or if MJ wears them out.
Just to be clear... from what you've said, you've used the new DL podcast to.... wait for it... plan a trip?
Or more specifically, plan a portion of a trip.
Explain again how this version of the podcast doesn't benefit locals nor help them plan a trip.

Just to be clear... from what you've said, you've used the new DL podcast to.... wait for it... plan a trip?
Explain again how this version of the podcast doesn't benefit locals nor help them plan a trip.
Where did the post you quoted say the podcast doesn’t help locals?

Where did the post you quoted say the podcast doesn’t help locals?
I'll be honest, i absolutely don't care enough to go through 18 pages of nonsense to prove my point to you, but i think it's been implied or directly said in this tread at least 20 times, feel free to scroll through and have a gander...

As an aside, how good are ellipsis?

I'll be honest, i absolutely don't care enough to go through 18 pages of nonsense to prove my point to you, but i think it's been implied or directly said in this tread at least 20 times, feel free to scroll through and have a gander...

As an aside, how good are ellipsis?
Not good. I deleted that part to spare you the embarrassment.

Not good. I deleted that part to spare you the embarrassment.
That or because you didn't want to get whacked for breaking the rules.
Either way, I'm not embarrassed, dear.

Back to the topic at hand, I think the new show is just fine.
I found the audio only show useful for information in planning my trip there, but if I'm honest, i found it un-listenable at times when members would argue and bicker with one another and shout over the top of each other. I under stand logistics were an issue with delays and what not, but at times it was just plain annoying.

I do miss Tony though, and of course, the very lovely @WebmasterMaryJo and look forward to hearing Tom when he hopefully makes an appearance.

And love hearing Michael on Connecting with Walt.
The whole slew of podcasts certainly keep me busy on my commute and connected to the motherland when I can't be there.

That or because you didn't want to get whacked for breaking the rules.
Either way, I'm not embarrassed, dear.

Back to the topic at hand, I think the new show is just fine.
I found the audio only show useful for information in planning my trip there, but if I'm honest, i found it un-listenable at times when members would argue and bicker with one another and shout over the top of each other. I under stand logistics were an issue with delays and what not, but at times it was just plain annoying.

I do miss Tony though, and of course, the very lovely @WebmasterMaryJo and look forward to hearing Tom when he hopefully makes an appearance.

And love hearing Michael on Connecting with Walt.
The whole slew of podcasts certainly keep me busy on my commute and connected to the motherland when I can't be there.
I don’t know anything about “getting whacked for breaking the rules.” I honestly rethought my post because I was capping on you about punctuation, and I’m an editor. I didn’t think it was fair to comment publicly about what you mentioned previously.

As for the topic at hand, you took a well-intentioned post and used it as a way to call out someone who has offered passionate but well-meaning (IMO) critiques.

You’re obviously not a local. I’m not either anymore, although I grew up near DL and still visit frequently. I listened live to the previous version of the podcast and enjoyed hearing the local take on changes/updates at the park. It may sound silly, but please allow us to mourn the loss of our podcast on our own terms.

That was from Mary Jo who is one of the best resources for trip planning and a staple of the old show. If they made her a weekly member of the new podcast that would be wonderful.

Okay I had to chuckle, @The Loop and @Miss SD stepped in and explained my thoughts very well. Thank you!
But for the record, I found Mary Jo’s tour advice to be very interesting. I have found Mary Jo’s advice helpful for several years and all 18 pages of this thread, I have no problem saying Mary Jo provides good advice on any format. :)

It was mentioned again about the audio issues of the old show, I fully acknowledge they had some, but I always felt it was largely due to 5 people, being in 5 locations with more basic equipment then the Orlando team and being LIVE. It was interesting when I listened on Monday (before it was pulled down to re-edit it) they had mistakenly left in a section where T& K have dropped from Skype and they had stopped the show while trying to retrieve them. The comparison is apples to oranges because the new show is often edited to be seamless. I did watch Nancy's first show and thought she did a great job and was glad to see how much love she received in the YouTube comments. Mary Jo and Nancy were both very good almost instantly on the video show. They were very natural, it only cements for me the original team is actually quite polished presenting their ideas, their set up was just the pits. Their level of knowledge has absolutely shined.

I'm DYING to hear what Tom, Michael, Mary Jo, etc think about this. Between this and some other general uncertainty around a few topics (dates, specifics, etc.) during the show, I can't help but really miss the expertise that the old team brought.

I loved loved your whole post. But after the hotel debacle last week, this was really driven home for me. How can a DL fan not be concerned after the Eastern Gateway project and the fancy hotel plans both fell apart. Even from inception, there were red flags about both projects. Now a big chuck of DD is sitting abandoned! How can we not be talking about this?? I am dying to know what the Fab Five think about this!

I just noticed Tony appeared on CWW a couple of weeks ago. I plan to give it a listen. It will be nice to hear from him again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!