Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic

kreedham

Mouseketeer
A trivia expert on DCL says this is a must have for any Disney fan! However it's already out of print. Copies available on Amazon range from $70 used to $200 new. Just wondering why this is no longer available. I mean Disney releases, pulls, releases special editions, pulls and on and on. Wonder if it will ever become available again! Any info out there!

That dvd is from a line called Disney Treasures. It started in 2000 under the wing of Roy E. Disney and Leonard Maltin was the series host. They would release limited number editions of 2 to 4 different types of Disney programs on double disc sets every year in December. They released all the Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy cartoons as well as all the Silly Symphonies. There was each a set for the first week of the Mickey Mouse club, the Annette, the Hardy Boys and Spin and Martin serials. The last set released in 2010 was the complete Zorro programs (they also had Davy Crockett, Scarecrow of Romney Marsh and half of Elefago Baco). I have not checked lately, but for a time if you were a D23 member you could order all the sets released over the 10 year period. Expensive, over $500. Five of the titles featured complete shows selected from the Wonderful World of Disney programs. The ones I have are the Tomorrowland, Behind the Scenes of Walt Disney Studios, Your Host Walt Disney and Disneyland USA in addition of the one you mentioned. I would love to see them release some more of that programming.

That dvd is from a line called Disney Treasures. It started in 2000 under the wing of Roy E. Disney and Leonard Maltin was the series host. They would release limited number editions of 2 to 4 different types of Disney programs on double disc sets every year in December. They released all the Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy cartoons as well as all the Silly Symphonies. There was each a set for the first week of the Mickey Mouse club, the Annette, the Hardy Boys and Spin and Martin serials. The last set released in 2010 was the complete Zorro programs (they also had Davy Crockett, Scarecrow of Romney Marsh and half of Elefago Baco). I have not checked lately, but for a time if you were a D23 member you could order all the sets released over the 10 year period. Expensive, over $500. Five of the titles featured complete shows selected from the Wonderful World of Disney programs. The ones I have are the Tomorrowland, Behind the Scenes of Walt Disney Studios, Your Host Walt Disney and Disneyland USA in addition of the one you mentioned. I would love to see them release some more of that programming.

Thanks for the info. I think the one I mentioned is the one the DCL cast member said to get, if I could. Specifically said it was the opening of Disneyland!

Thought about D23 for my wife but most of the events are in Burbank and we're in Georgia. Do they ever have their convention at Disney World...if you don't go to events is it worth the money? Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter