Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

The one thing I'm still hazy about - whether having a hotel reservation is enough to get into that bucket, or if the tickets have to be part of a reservation package. The wording on the website implies the latter, but I think there was someone in the April 15 thread who said that she was able to book park reservations with full availability using tickets she'd purchased beforehand. (For the cost of those rooms, I'd really hope it wouldn't matter where the tickets came from.)
I might be the person you are referring to ... and to complicate the matter: my Grand Cal reservation was booked using DVC points. Having the reservation linked to my Disneyland account absolutely gave me access to a Park Reservation that was not available to either Single Park or Park Hopper tickets ... and, fwiw, wasn't even inside my Grand Cal reservation date. (The DVC side of the Grand Cal doesn't open until 5/2 ... and I was able to leverage a later Grand Cal reservation to snag Re-Opening Day at DL.)

I'm quite certain that having the hotel reservation, even though not booked through the hotel itself, was key to snagging 4/30 DL at 7:05p yesterday.

TL;DR? Highlights:
  1. My tickets were purchased from a 3rd party.
  2. My Hotel Reservation had been booked using DVC for a later check-in.
  3. My wait time through Queue-It was 11 hours ... finally clearing after 7p on 4/15.
  4. I was able to book park reservations that were only available to Disney Hotel Guests! Whee!

So, I was poking around in the menus for the reopening restaurants.

There is an "available discounts" link and they don't show the Legacy AP as an available discount. 😢

All they have listed is DVC and occasionally, Disney Visa (for TS restaurants).

Uh. Legacy appears to be getting killed off assuming it isn't a glitch. My membership and ticket section now say "Discount Card Re-issue" and nothing about Legacy in my app. I know it said Legacy before I went to sleep and I have not gotten the latest app update pushed yet.

I'm intrigued by the potential implications of this 👀

Also interesting that it no longer specifies Discount A versus Discount B. Website still does on the discount list for merchants.
Pls check your app again - mine had the same change Thursday morning but it still worked, and was back to Legacy later in the day Thursday.

I wonder how they’re going to handle the people who show up at the gate and have tickets but that didn’t realize they needed a reservation.

I know “too bad, turn them away” is an easy answer, but I can hear it now: I came all the way from... I’m spending $$$ on the hotel, etc.

All I know is that somehow I will be in the line behind them when the gates open!

Pls check your app again - mine had the same change Thursday morning but it still worked, and was back to Legacy later in the day Thursday.

Yeah, I saw that. I just never updated that I saw it updated on Thursday while I was waiting in the queue to get my tickets :rotfl2:

EDIT: also I found a few people claiming the change was originally related to people not understanding it's not an actual pass. I would think that was obvious, but I saw at least one person on these boards think it was an entry pass and I saw another person elsewhere claim a friend of theirs works at a Disney call center. They supposedly got a ton of calls from upset people on Monday, April 12 that their Legacy discount codes weren't letting them book reservations 🤦‍♀️

So :confused3 . The fact it switched back so quick makes it seem like a big ol' glitch. But was still weird (especially since it didn't identify Discount A or B, but the website still did).

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that. I just never updated that I saw it updated on Thursday while I was waiting in the queue to get my tickets :rotfl2:

EDIT: also I found a few people claiming the change was originally related to people not understanding it's not an actual pass. I would think that was obvious, but I saw at least one person on these boards think it was an entry pass and I saw another person elsewhere claim a friend of theirs works at a Disney call center. They supposedly got a ton of calls from upset people on Monday, April 12 that their Legacy discount codes weren't letting them book reservations 🤦‍♀️

So :confused3 . The fact it switched back so quick makes it seem like a big ol' glitch. But was still weird (especially since it didn't identify Discount A or B, but the website still did).
Yeah, the missing A or B confused the CM at DTD. As I was pulling up my profile to show her which it was, she’d scanned it and it had applied the expected discounts. So appears it was a temporary description glitch in the app.

I wonder how they’re going to handle the people who show up at the gate and have tickets but that didn’t realize they needed a reservation.

I know “too bad, turn them away” is an easy answer, but I can hear it now: I came all the way from... I’m spending $$$ on the hotel, etc.

All I know is that somehow I will be in the line behind them when the gates open!

Holy Moly - With all the publicity about this, you would hope this doesn't happen, but you know it will. With many years of customer service under my belt, even I wouldn't want to touch that situation with a 10 foot pole.

Lol!! And yes, I'll be behind those people too!!!

Yeah, the missing A or B confused the CM at DTD. As I was pulling up my profile to show her which it was, she’d scanned it and it had applied the expected discounts. So appears it was a temporary description glitch in the app.

I did also wonder if it could be related to the glitch that caused it to disappear from the iPhones that got the app update (wasn't showing up in the Play Store for Android devices yet; but we still got the name change). Like a push to put it back on quickly and that was a backend name we normally wouldn't see?

I dunno. Whole thing was weird. And right before tickets dropped was a terrible time for that to happen LOL

Oh! And thanks for confirming the correct discount still applied even with the name being wonky! I was legit wondering about that.

Wanted to throw some speculation questions out on to the speculation thread:

1. What time will the parking structure open each day? With both Disneyland and DCA opening at 9am on April 30th and beyond, they have to know that EVERYONE will be showing up for that 9am open. This isn't like before where locals will casually stroll in at 11am-3pm. Just seems like they'd better have some good plan besides "Well...with Touch of Disney, we opened the lot 30 min early, and that kinda worked..."

2. Will the reservation QR codes be made available through the app? So they can be scanned? Or will the situation be similar to the comments above, where people are going to bring their printed copies and each cast member will struggle to scan each code. Especially after those printed pages come out of Dad's pocket where they've been folded 3 ways to Sunday.

Wanted to throw some speculation questions out on to the speculation thread:

1. What time will the parking structure open each day? With both Disneyland and DCA opening at 9am on April 30th and beyond, they have to know that EVERYONE will be showing up for that 9am open. This isn't like before where locals will casually stroll in at 11am-3pm. Just seems like they'd better have some good plan besides "Well...with Touch of Disney, we opened the lot 30 min early, and that kinda worked..."

2. Will the reservation QR codes be made available through the app? So they can be scanned? Or will the situation be similar to the comments above, where people are going to bring their printed copies and each cast member will struggle to scan each code. Especially after those printed pages come out of Dad's pocket where they've been folded 3 ways to Sunday.
I am fearful of how long the lines will be to get into Disneyland when it opens. Especially if they are checking everyones ID for California residency. We are staying in a hotel on 4/29 and I think I will plan to get to the gate area fairly early to get in line. I am not sure though how early I should show up.
Also, I wonder why the reservation can't be directly linked onto the ticket the way it is at WDW. You didn't have to bring a ticket and a reservation. You just showed your ticket and the reservation was linked directly to that. So much simpler.

I am fearful of how long the lines will be to get into Disneyland when it opens. Especially if they are checking everyones ID for California residency. We are staying in a hotel on 4/29 and I think I will plan to get to the gate area fairly early to get in line. I am not sure though how early I should show up.
Also, I wonder why the reservation can't be directly linked onto the ticket the way it is at WDW. You didn't have to bring a ticket and a reservation. You just showed your ticket and the reservation was linked directly to that. So much simpler.
Totally agree!! I think it will be a mess. We plan on printing our QR code’s because that just seems easier than scanning on the phone. But how many people won’t have their QR code’s with them? (Edited to add because I read this later and I sound so negative....and that was not my intention! We are going into expecting a long wait to get into the parks, but hoping we are wrong! We are just happy to be back and I’m excited that the rest of my family will experience waiting in line with other people who love Disneyland like I have for the 50th and 60th!)

We are also staying on harbor 4/29 and I am debating how early to get over there. 7:30? 7? Earlier? Will they even let us line up? So many questions!!!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but here goes. When I first linked my tickets to my account both tickets showed in my name. When I made reservations on the 12th I was never prompted to create a party so both tickets and reservations are still in my name (I booked the reservation from my cell phone so it is possible I did not see that step). Is there a way to change the name on the second ticket? Tried calling Disneyland but of course the wait time was very long.

Totally agree!! I think it will be a mess. We plan on printing our QR code’s because that just seems easier than scanning on the phone. But how many people won’t have their QR code’s with them? (Edited to add because I read this later and I sound so negative....and that was not my intention! We are going into expecting a long wait to get into the parks, but hoping we are wrong! We are just happy to be back and I’m excited that the rest of my family will experience waiting in line with other people who love Disneyland like I have for the 50th and 60th!)

We are also staying on harbor 4/29 and I am debating how early to get over there. 7:30? 7? Earlier? Will they even let us line up? So many questions!!!
Random advice that could help. If you don’t have a printer, and are using your phone to show tickets and QR code, make sure brightness is turned up. Whenever my pass or ticket wouldn’t scan properly it was fixed by just increasing the brightness.

But if you are able to print, for sure do that!

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but here goes. When I first linked my tickets to my account both tickets showed in my name. When I made reservations on the 12th I was never prompted to create a party so both tickets and reservations are still in my name (I booked the reservation from my cell phone so it is possible I did not see that step). Is there a way to change the name on the second ticket? Tried calling Disneyland but of course the wait time was very long.
Only way to change name is unlinking the ticket and when relinking it'll prompt for name for the ticket. Now, I haven't tried this WITH A RESERVATION already. That may become problematic, or not. I don't know.

Regardless, it's a call to CS.

Random advice that could help. If you don’t have a printer, and are using your phone to show tickets and QR code, make sure brightness is turned up. Whenever my pass or ticket wouldn’t scan properly it was fixed by just increasing the brightness.

But if you are able to print, for sure do that!
Thank you!!!!

Hi, AP at Disneyworld and have only been to DL once for a day. I have a wedding out in San Diego in July and would love to spend a few days at Disneyland if I am able to. What are the chances they will lift the non-CA resident ban by then and what on-property hotels/restaurants are recommended? When we went we only did QS so would love to hear the best TS restaurants at the resort.

Hi, AP at Disneyworld and have only been to DL once for a day. I have a wedding out in San Diego in July and would love to spend a few days at Disneyland if I am able to. What are the chances they will lift the non-CA resident ban by then and what on-property hotels/restaurants are recommended? When we went we only did QS so would love to hear the best TS restaurants at the resort.

Right now California is supposed to remove all the tier restrictions on June 15th. So good chance in July you should be able to go. But if you will need to buy a ticket and make reservations before hand, just like at WDW. So it could be a gamble if restrictions get pushed back or reinstated.

I can't even imagine the lines at 9am when groups have to be 6ft apart. it's going to be all the way down to katella

Only way to change name is unlinking the ticket and when relinking it'll prompt for name for the ticket. Now, I haven't tried this WITH A RESERVATION already. That may become problematic, or not. I don't know.

Regardless, it's a call to CS.
I am using this number to call CS - (714) 781-4636. Does anyone have a better number?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter