• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

All we're seeing here is the smaller parks thinking they can exploit a loophole because the state hasn't been enforcing the rule.

Disney can't do that and won't risk that because they're at another level, because they don't need the hassle, and because they don't need out-of-state folks right now.

I keep wondering how far a park has to go before the state drops the hammer, and what that might look like.

I saw the out-of-state thing too. We'll be fully vaccinated in the beginning of May (WOOO!!!) and got excited. Even if they drop the restriction in the next month or so, we'll personally hold off just until more things start opening. I don't want to go when things are sooo limited. But this progress is exciting nonetheless!

One thing I overlooked, and I think others have too. If you go to the industrial guidance pages, all the industries affected by the change with vaccines and negatives have an industrial guidance updated mid April. Theme Parks last update was April 2. The industrial guidance for the theme parks does not include allowances for vaccines.

I feel like the fact that there will be a whole press conference to clarify this is so that the OFFICIAL word is said loud and clear and I suspect if the rule excludes theme parks, the CDPH will have some VERY strongly worded warnings for the theme parks. They obviously know they have caused confusion. This press conference will leave nothing open to interpretation.

My guess is that if this was meant to include theme parks, it would have been made VERY clear in a much more public way.

I feel like the fact that there will be a whole press conference to clarify this is so that the OFFICIAL word is said loud and clear and I suspect if the rule excludes theme parks, the CDPH will have some VERY strongly worded warnings for the theme parks. They obviously know they have caused confusion. This press conference will leave nothing open to interpretation.

My guess is that if this was meant to include theme parks, it would have been made VERY clear in a much more public way.
I 100% agree.

It will be interesting to see what is said.

Ah, I'm so happy I pushed my trip to Nov. Now I can sit and armchair speculate with y'all without the stress of needing an answer right away.

Seaworld hasn't been doing hot compared to the others even pre-covid and they have that zoo designation to fall on if they close rides too. They probably figure it's worth it to them to roll the dice. Worth it to Disneyland? Definitely not.

I haven't seen an announcement about a press conference - just one reporter saying that CDPH would provide guidance to her tomorrow.

It could be a closed press conference. By invite only, and not broadcast. Most of their press conferences recently have had this format.

Ah, I'm so happy I pushed my trip to Nov. Now I can sit and armchair speculate with y'all without the stress of needing an answer right away.

Seaworld hasn't been doing hot compared to the others even pre-covid and they have that zoo designation to fall on if they close rides too. They probably figure it's worth it to them to roll the dice. Worth it to Disneyland? Definitely not.

To be fair also, Sea World hasn't even opened most of their rides yet. It's pretty ridiculous at this point. On opening day, they only had a couple kiddie land rides open. All the coasters and Atlantis remained closed.

So I’m reading reports that CDPH took down part of their website that talked about guidance last night. I’m not clear on what parts or if it’s back up yet.

"Addendum to Blueprint Activity & Business Tiers Chart – Tested and Fully Vaccinated Individuals and Sections FULLY VACCINATED VISITORS AND SPECTATORS

• Fully vaccinated persons from out of state may visit or attend activities or events that are restricted to in-state visitors. Fully vaccinated persons should consult the current CDPH Travel Advisory and adhere to any applicable recommendations. "

I mean whether they intended for this to mean theme parks or not, I can see why Seaworld was just like YOLO and ran with it. Because... technically... it doesn't exclude them in this language at all.

"Addendum to Blueprint Activity & Business Tiers Chart – Tested and Fully Vaccinated Individuals and Sections FULLY VACCINATED VISITORS AND SPECTATORS

• Fully vaccinated persons from out of state may visit or attend activities or events that are restricted to in-state visitors. Fully vaccinated persons should consult the current CDPH Travel Advisory and adhere to any applicable recommendations. "

I mean whether they intended for this to mean theme parks or not, I can see why Seaworld was just like YOLO and ran with it. Because... technically... it doesn't exclude them in this language at all.

Would be nice if Disney made an announcement on this one way or another. We have booked a trip for late June hoping that things truly are open but would consider moving it up if we can come sooner.

Isn't that what it said before?

I get it, BUT, the full reading of the guidance for the industry does NOT have this in it. It does have it for others that I believe it was included for (sports arenas, concert venues, etc... And it says vaccination and testing would be for ALL guests, not just out of state.) Hopefully there is some guidance today to clarify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter