Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

So did GAT stop selling tickets as had been anticipated? I briefly looked at their website, and it looks like they're still there.

I wonder if that ‘pay off tickets by 6/19’ date is significant. I’d imagine Disney wouldn’t allow Get Away Today that extra time for guests to pay off tickets if they were gonna release the reservation system details before that. I’d imagine it’s after that date we’ll get news?

I wonder if that ‘pay off tickets by 6/19’ date is significant. I’d imagine Disney wouldn’t allow Get Away Today that extra time for guests to pay off tickets if they were gonna release the reservation system details before that. I’d imagine it’s after that date we’ll get news?
Has WDW still not gotten any direction on its reservation system? Less than a month prior seems like cutting it close!

That is an interesting point...Someone posted that aRes sent an email and their deadline for buying tickets is the 19th or 20th, if I remember correctly. I just can't find that post to check it!

I’ve always brought my own lunch to the park, mainly because I’m a vegetarian and don’t eat sugar. Also, with weekly visits to the park, meals could add up quickly. I wonder if when the park reopens I’ll still be allowed to bring my own food. I don’t see why my but you never know. Thoughts?

I’ve always brought my own lunch to the park, mainly because I’m a vegetarian and don’t eat sugar. Also, with weekly visits to the park, meals could add up quickly. I wonder if when the park reopens I’ll still be allowed to bring my own food. I don’t see why my but you never know. Thoughts?

I would hope you still can. I don't see you bringing a lunch any more "dangerous" (for lack of a better word) than someone bringing in a camera or jacket.

I'm hoping they will add the ability to use Disney gift cards when mobile ordering. That would be really nice!

I think you'll be able to bring your own food. If it's any comparison (ha!), our local zoo is still allowing picnic lunches :)

Also, how do you avoid all those delicious treats you take picture of?!

I'm hoping they will add the ability to use Disney gift cards when mobile ordering. That would be really nice!

I feel like I read somewhere WDW just added this... or did I hallucinate it out of sheer want? I feel like this is a must though to encourage no touch payment- we buy gift cards for all our food expenses.

I know there’s the refund/extension options available to APs, but there’s another issue I’m very curious about.

When DL reopens, they are going to require reservations, even for APs. So, how does this make the Premier, Sig+, and Sig APs any different from the Flex AP?

Prior to closure, Flex APs were “good to go” most weekdays and must make a reservation most weekends. Now, they will be required to make a reservation every day. This is a devaluation of the pass. Even with an extension, Flex AP holders should get some kind of refund or additional perk to make up for the loss in value.

But the problem is even worse for Premier, Sig+, and Sig APs. The cost of those APs is twice, or more, the price of the Flex AP. And that huge cost difference came with one main benefit: the ability to go any time without blockout or reservations (with the only exception being the Sig AP blocked out the last two weeks of the year). But during the reservation period, Premier, Sig+, and Sig are effectively no different than Flex... but come at way higher a cost.

One possible solution is to follow the Shanghai model and not have pass extensions start during the reservation period. Basically acting like the park is still closed during the reservation period for purposes of counting remaining AP days. That seems fair.

But with the large number of APs at Disneyland, and the possibly very long time reservations will be required, I’m wondering if they will be willing to keep all DL APs extended indefinitely thru the reservation period AND THEN add the regular extension on top of that for the 4 months the park was closed.

And this doesn’t even take into account any APs that have MaxPass added. If FP/MP is not in use when the parks reopen, then there’s another devaluation of those APs, but that’s a whole other issue.

An extension or refund for the days the park was closed is just the first step. They still have a lot more to do to make this right for all APs. Anxious to see what they come up with.

But the problem is even worse for Premier, Sig+, and Sig APs. The cost of those APs is twice, or more, the price of the Flex AP. And that huge cost difference came with one main benefit: the ability to go any time without blockout or reservations (with the only exception being the Sig AP blocked out the last two weeks of the year). But during the reservation period, Premier, Sig+, and Sig are effectively no different than Flex... but come at way higher a cost.

One possible solution is to follow the Shanghai model and not have pass extensions start during the reservation period. Basically acting like the park is still closed during the reservation period for purposes of counting remaining AP days. That seems fair.
I've been thinking a lot about this too. The scenario you gave about not starting the passes until it's back to "normal" seems fair. I'm sure Disney is taking all of these things into consideration, but I really wish there was a secret spy who could give us hints at what is discussed at those meetings lol.

Last edited:
I know there’s the refund/extension options available to APs, but there’s another issue I’m very curious about.

I see no possible way to solve this Sig+/Sig/Flex conundrum without going the route of what Shanghai is doing with respect to the AP clock still being frozen. The only other way to absolve themselves of legal issues is to just mass cancel passes and provide prorated refunds/full cancellation of monthly payments. After discussing that idea in this thread a while back (plus the promulgation of the Shanghai procedures), consensus was this would probably not happen.

It might actually naturally solve itself depending on how much Sig/Sig+ demand there is initially. If there's depressed demand for the parks, they can allow Sig/Sig+ holders their original terms and cap the Flex reservations to some low number. The problem is in August/September when DLX + SoCal passes start becoming unblocked en masse, and given that the population of the Greater Los Angeles Area is close to 20M very bored people, something has to give.

Glad I'm not in charge. I'm with @midnight star, we need a spy at these meetings!

I see no possible way to solve this Sig+/Sig/Flex conundrum without going the route of what Shanghai is doing with respect to the AP clock still being frozen. The only other way to absolve themselves of legal issues is to just mass cancel passes and provide prorated refunds/full cancellation of monthly payments. After discussing that idea in this thread a while back (plus the promulgation of the Shanghai procedures), consensus was this would probably not happen.

It might actually naturally solve itself depending on how much Sig/Sig+ demand there is initially. If there's depressed demand for the parks, they can allow Sig/Sig+ holders their original terms and cap the Flex reservations to some low number. The problem is in August/September when DLX + SoCal passes start becoming unblocked en masse, and given that the population of the Greater Los Angeles Area is close to 20M very bored people, something has to give.

Glad I'm not in charge. I'm with @midnight star, we need a spy at these meetings!
I know this is the wrong theme park, but an invisibility cloak or set of extendable ears would sure come in handy right now!

I know this is the wrong theme park, but an invisibility cloak or set of extendable ears would sure come in handy right now!

I don't want to admit this, but I had the nerdiest dream last week. It wasn't even like, going to Disneyland or walking around the parks.
The dream was....that I was on the Board of Directors for TWDC privy to all this secret info :rotfl2:

There was probably a Club 33 dinner and a private DISboard party folded in there too, and y'all had faces exactly like your avatars.

Oh gawd I just publicly admitted that. I hate COVID!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter