Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Didn't they do this at WDW? When we went we got the Falcon to ourselves (ahhh yeahhh!) but I think that's changed. That sounds sooo strange to me.

Star Tours also had it but again just side view like Soarin'.

I hope they leave it off Pirates... I have a feeling we'd have the water splash issue with that one.

They did add it to some degree to MSFR. I rode in March. I was solo so they stuck me with a family of 4. I was the engineer and there was a partial plexiglass type screen between the gunner row and the engineer row. The father in the family I was put with seemed really annoyed that I was trying to board with them and tried to block me, but the CM told them I was riding with them and had to sort out who had what role (I think he was going to spread himself into the Engineer role so that they would have 2 pilots, 1 gunner, and 1 engineer, but I am not sure). He caused a ton of confusion to the CM before I said that I am solo and the engineer and the 4 of them go together. When my friends and I rode a few days later as a party of 3, we had our own pod.

In my experience, Pirates has always sat just one party per row anyway, although always filling each row minus the very back. I don't think the plexiglass will be an issue on Indy - I rarely if ever am looking straight ahead on that ride.

This may sound weird, but I'm pretty excited about the plexiglass and social distancing on rides. It will almost seem like a more individualized experience. I enjoy having a personal bubble lol

If there's one positive to come out of this, it's that benefit of personal space! Even at places like movie theaters that would seat folks side by side... it's so nice to not have random people in my bubble.

Disneyland Reopening Update- Mice Chat

Lots of good info from Mice Chat today. Sounds like Indiana Jones is confirmed to have plexiglass (ugh, what a bad view for the back row...) and many of the ride queues.

On one hand, plexiglass does positive things for ride waits but man... some rides it really distorts the experience. I hope plexiglass all over doesn't stay long term... which I have a feeling will be the case.
With Indy I find I'm rarely looking forward (unless you are in the front row). Most of the action is all around you.

They did add it to some degree to MSFR. I rode in March. I was solo so they stuck me with a family of 4. I was the engineer and there was a partial plexiglass type screen between the gunner row and the engineer row. The father in the family I was put with seemed really annoyed that I was trying to board with them and tried to block me, but the CM told them I was riding with them and had to sort out who had what role (I think he was going to spread himself into the Engineer role so that they would have 2 pilots, 1 gunner, and 1 engineer, but I am not sure). He caused a ton of confusion to the CM before I said that I am solo and the engineer and the 4 of them go together. When my friends and I rode a few days later as a party of 3, we had our own pod.
I'm going solo to WDW soon, and I think this might be one of the rides that I skip until things are back to normal, even if I enjoy it. People have been understandably sensitive being around strangers in enclosed spaces in the last year, and I know how weird throwing in a random single has to be for some people, including the single person.

(Aside: one of my favorite rides ever on MFSR was the time there was a snafu in the main line, so they put six of us from the single-rider line together. We were total idiots, it was hilarious. The only better one was the time a mom and her two-year-old son were Pilots. He was oblivious, she tried to manage both controls, it was absolutely bonkers, and we somehow came out it with one of the highest scores I've ever gotten on that ride.)

My concerns about plexiglass:

Aren’t they going to get gross with handprints, water, faded with sun damage, and general muck? They aren’t wiping them down completely after every guest, are they?

Tagging. How long until tags and other marks are carved on them? In SoCal I can’t imagine it’ll be long before they start appearing.

I hope they have a system for frequent cleaning AND completely swapping out plexiglass barriers.

My concerns about plexiglass:

Aren’t they going to get gross with handprints, water, faded with sun damage, and general muck? They aren’t wiping them down completely after every guest, are they?

Tagging. How long until tags and other marks are carved on them? In SoCal I can’t imagine it’ll be long before they start appearing.

I hope they have a system for frequent cleaning AND completely swapping out plexiglass barriers.

I don’t know how DLR’s location in Southern California somehow makes the plexiglass on rides more likely to be tagged. I’ve traveled all over the world and can assure you that inconsiderate people with intent to damage property come from everywhere. I don’t think tagging will be much of an issue. Most ride vehicles would already be pretty vulnerable to tagging/vandalism without the plexiglass, but it wasn’t often that I saw something that had been intentionally damaged on a ride vehicle prior to the pandemic. DLR usually cleans those things up as soon as they are found. For most rides, it will be very obvious that a guest has been the culprit of damaging a ride when they get off, if they haven’t already been caught on camera doing so. I am pretty sure vandalism results in a one way ticket to the exit of the park.

The rides will be cleaned at regular intervals throughout the day, but I doubt it happens after every guest. I am sure someone who has been to WDW can chime in on how dirty the plexiglass dividers looked there.

I am sure someone who has been to WDW can chime in on how dirty the plexiglass dividers looked there.

The only cleaning I witnessed on the rides was the sanitizing with those little wands they use. Honestly, better hope they don't clean them that would take forever and further delay the line....

The line queue plexiglass is another matter... it looked pretty gnarly in some areas. But that's not different than touching the handrails, etc. Just not pretty to look at.

The only cleaning I witnessed on the rides was the sanitizing with those little wands they use. Honestly, better hope they don't clean them that would take forever and further delay the line....

The line queue plexiglass is another matter... it looked pretty gnarly in some areas. But that's not different than touching the handrails, etc. Just not pretty to look at.

I remember reading somewhere that they stopped rides occasionally for wipe downs or some sort of cleaning, and that could sometimes make the line stop moving. I don’t remember when I read that, so maybe they aren’t doing it any longer.

I remember reading somewhere that they stopped rides occasionally for wipe downs or some sort of cleaning, and that could sometimes make the line stop moving. I don’t remember when I read that, so maybe they aren’t doing it any longer.

Yeah they'd do random 20 minute cleaning cycles when we went in Nov. When we got caught in one at it's a small world we could see them using the sanitizer wands but didn't see them cleaning with anything else?

I haven't seen it mentioned for awhile though.. before people would comment on it a lot because if you catch one the line stops moving for awhile. But maybe they're easing up at WDW with the heavier demand? I imagine Disneyland will start off with the same cleaning though. The theory was that's why the ride times always were less than what the app said because they factored in a cleaning cycle. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah they'd do random 20 minute cleaning cycles when we went in Nov. When we got caught in one at it's a small world we could see them using the sanitizer wands but didn't see them cleaning with anything else?

I haven't seen it mentioned for awhile though.. before people would comment on it a lot because if you catch one the line stops moving for awhile. But maybe they're easing up at WDW with the heavier demand? I imagine Disneyland will start off with the same cleaning though. The theory was that's why the ride times always were less than what the app said because they factored in a cleaning cycle. 🤷‍♀️

They did it while we were on Test Track back in March. They shut it down for 20 minutes or so for cleaning. We weren’t somewhere that we could see what they were doing though.

Watching a livestream of the CM previews... the Haunted Mansion just limits the number of groups, they have little stickers the groups stand on, looks like only four or five groups in the elevator tops? But then they do the entire preshow!

I'm sure that will cause longer than usual waits since HM always moves quick but man, you get to keep the preshow!!! I am so legit excited about this, I'll wait all day long to see that preshow. We missed it so, so much at WDW.

Watching a livestream of the CM previews... the Haunted Mansion just limits the number of groups, they have little stickers the groups stand on, looks like only four or five groups in the elevator tops? But then they do the entire preshow!

I'm sure that will cause longer than usual waits since HM always moves quick but man, you get to keep the preshow!!! I am so legit excited about this, I'll wait all day long to see that preshow. We missed it so, so much at WDW.
We did too!

That is definitely exciting news. And kind of what I figured would happen. Kept seeing debates on Facebook about what people thought they would do. And then the WDW people would pipe in that you just walk through and doors open on both sides. <<shakes head>>. It really is an elevator. We have ridden it back up many times since we get a wheelchair for my Mom and with the crowds never felt safe with her trying to stand in the stretching room. FYI - it creaks going back up too!

That is definitely exciting news. And kind of what I figured would happen. Kept seeing debates on Facebook about what people thought they would do. And then the WDW people would pipe in that you just walk through and doors open on both sides. <<shakes head>>. It really is an elevator. We have ridden it back up many times since we get a wheelchair for my Mom and with the crowds never felt safe with her trying to stand in the stretching room. FYI - it creaks going back up too!

I think some of us were worried it wouldn't even open at all for awhile! I'll gladly wait a bit longer to experience the stretching room. That's a big part of the ride!

That was welcome news to hear on one livestream! I also thought it was cool that it's a walk-on to Indy and Pirates as soon as you get past the outdoor portion of the queue.

The lines are going to look awful (Pirates was out and into the additional switchbacks that they started having during the busier times), but I bet they'll move quickly.

That was welcome news to hear on one livestream! I also thought it was cool that it's a walk-on to Indy and Pirates as soon as you get past the outdoor portion of the queue.

The lines are going to look awful (Pirates was out and into the additional switchbacks that they started having during the busier times), but I bet they'll move quickly.

Looks like Haunted Mansion is gonna be the biggest wait time... it's stayed around 60-75 mins for awhile. 😳

I wonder if the way it backs up bc of the distancing will be a big part of their decision regarding the overlay for Halloween/Xmas. If it's this backed up.. on a low capacity CM preview day.. I can't imagine how wild it'd be with the Haunted Mansion Holiday theme.

We love love love that overlay but I don't think the chances are looking good for it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter