Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Looks like they'll be releasing through June 30 on April 12 & 15. I'm hoping they'll be releasing the next month every 15th thereafter, but we'll see -- after opening day (and after seeing the continued California Covid trends), maybe they'll have more guidance.

This site has the info regarding availability for tiered 1-day tickets (and pricing!), and it goes out to June 30th.

So I’ve not said anything until I knew they were in, but Legoland is confirming via private messages on FB that anyone, from anywhere, with a hotel and ticket package will be allowed in the park. I know of at least three families who they have confirmed this with visits from now until mid May. My sister and her family are in the park at this moment. They booked back when the LL page said “CA recommended” and went to cancel later and LL said not to worry.
Pretty ballsy of them. But I’m guessing they assume they’ll just fly under the radar.

Looks like they'll be releasing through June 30 on April 12 & 15. I'm hoping they'll be releasing the next month every 15th thereafter, but we'll see -- after opening day (and after seeing the continued California Covid trends), maybe they'll have more guidance.

This site has the info regarding availability for tiered 1-day tickets (and pricing!), and it goes out to June 30th.
As long as I know when they're releasing my days for July, I'm good. I'll be ready to go as soon as the window opens. If they release multiple days at a time, so much the better, but rolling day by day works, too.

Thanks! So it really was only for 1 day tickets. Was hoping to be able to get a feel for the system today. Hope Monday goes smoothly!

As long as I know when they're releasing my days for July, I'm good. I'll be ready to go as soon as the window opens. If they release multiple days at a time, so much the better, but rolling day by day works, too.
I'm with you -- my plan is September currently, so I don't have to join in the mad rush now. The only downside of day-by-day releases is that then I have to show up three separate days to reserve for my 3-day hopper tix.
Thanks! So it really was only for 1 day tickets. Was hoping to be able to get a feel for the system today. Hope Monday goes smoothly!
But at least it has the information about what kind of tickets (1-day through 5-day) and at what prices so people can prepare on the 15th.

So do multi day park hopper tickets just automatically fall into the highest tier? It looks like there are restricted days for multi day non-park hoppers.

I believe still 13day restriction on the multi-day use tickets -- so Day 1 - have to be done by Mid-May --

Interesting to see the single day tickets really constrained.

I do wonder if you get multi-day whether you get to extend the days available beyond the lockout (a la DVC extension). Otherwise you are hunting daily for future dates. eg; 5 day hopper - June 30 -- will you be able to see to July 12?

So do multi day park hopper tickets just automatically fall into the highest tier? It looks like there are restricted days for multi day non-park hoppers.
My understanding is that multi-day tickets (hopper and non-hopper) are/were always unrestricted, although now I guess they are limited by how fast your desired reservation date reaches capacity. Only certain 1-day tickets (and certain APs -- RIP) had/have blockout dates.
I do wonder if you get multi-day whether you get to extend the days available beyond the lockout (a la DVC extension). Otherwise you are hunting daily for future dates. eg; 5 day hopper - June 30 -- will you be able to see to July 12?
I'm kind of worried about that -- since they're making you book each day individually (it doesn't sound like they'll be allowing sequential batching), I'd be surprised if you can book beyond the June 30th date. It would be nice, though.

Maybe I’m not reading the calendar correctly, but I only see the calendar for 1 day tickets. Where are you seeing restrictions for multi day.

(not saying it’s not there - my daughter is in surgery, so trying to find things on my phone which isn’t working well).

Yeah I really hope they address the 13 day expiration soon. I asked through the chat function on the Disneyland app and they said they didn’t know yet whether it would still apply to tickets purchased from April 15 onward.

From Disney Food Blog:
If you already have a ticket, you’ll be able to make your Park Pass reservations starting on April 12th. However, Disney doesn’t expect any dates to be fully booked by the time tickets go on sale on April 15th. And if you’re trying to make a Park Pass for April 30th or June 4th (2 hugely popular days in the parks), don’t panic too much. According to the Orange County Register, Disney will reportedly hold back a select number of tickets so they’re not all reserved by existing ticket holders on April 12th.

If you’re currently blocked-out or the date you’re looking for fills up, there’s a chance Disney may add additional reservationsas time goes on. So keep checking this calendar!

But at least it has the information about what kind of tickets (1-day through 5-day) and at what prices so people can prepare on the 15th.
yikes those prices!!! There is no point in getting a one day but the multi days are pretty pricey for what's not being offered at the moment. I can justify these prices for later this fall if things become more available.

So I’ve not said anything until I knew they were in, but Legoland is confirming via private messages on FB that anyone, from anywhere, with a hotel and ticket package will be allowed in the park. I know of at least three families who they have confirmed this with visits from now until mid May. My sister and her family are in the park at this moment. They booked back when the LL page said “CA recommended” and went to cancel later and LL said not to worry.
I can't remember if I said this here or in another thread, but I've seen multiple reports that Magic Mountain isn't checking IDs at the gate, either - it's basically on the honor system during the ticket purchase process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter