Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

This isn't true - one-day tickets can't start until April 12th. Today was just the day they announced which days those tickets can be used on.
I better tell my niece in Southern cal cause she texted me that she was mad at Disney. Thanks for correction

Last edited:
I can't remember if I said this here or in another thread, but I've seen multiple reports that Magic Mountain isn't checking IDs at the gate, either - it's basically on the honor system during the ticket purchase process.
Judging by the lengthy wait for entrance to TOD where they do all the scanning and what-not, it's clear Disney does not mind taking the time to go through the process of checking ID'S. I don't think they have the wiggle room that smaller parks do; however, that's just my guess, I don't know for sure. Plus, I wonder if LL and SF have had checking ID as part of their process in the past like DL has for certain ticket types? I really hope no one risks it. All that money and a reservation that can't be used

So, do you think out-of-state will be able to book during this 60-day window when it opens? We're personally not going to be going (I think) that early and will wait for Fall, but I'm curious if we'll be allowed to make reservations for the supposed June 15th lifting of restrictions.

Last edited:

Someone confirmed on Twitter after speaking to a CM on chat that there would no longer be a 13 day use requirement for newly purchased multi day tickets.
Someone confirmed on Twitter after speaking to a CM on chat that there would no longer be a 13 day use requirement for newly purchased multi day tickets.
That’s good!!

So, do you think out-of-state will be able to book during this 60-day window when it opens? We're personally not going to be going (I think) that early and will wait for Fall, but I'm curious if we'll be allowed to make reservations for the supposed June 15th lifting of restrictions.

I'm wondering this as well. If we decide (here we go again....) to try for late July obviously I'd want to make those reservations as soon as the system lets me and not wait for the official 'word' on June 15th. You could always just push it out later anyways. I hope we find out much sooner than that though, at least enough to make those reservations. Disney would want that too.

I'm wondering this as well. If we decide (here we go again....) to try for late July obviously I'd want to make those reservations as soon as the system lets me and not wait for the official 'word' on June 15th. You could always just push it out later anyways. I hope we find out much sooner than that though, at least enough to make those reservations. Disney would want that too.
I am out of state, and I plan to try for reservations on Monday, as we have tickets, and our park days would be June 27 and 28. I will report back on the experience!

Allegedly, Disney will not sell tickets to those with out of state addresses on their Disney profile. I have also heard from a reliable source that they WILL be checking ID at the gate until CA drops the residency requirement.

Do with that information what you will, especially if you are already a ticket holder.

Checking ID is something CM are used to doing already so not really a change in processes -- they've done for Military and SoCal passes for years.
This is also easy for them online too -- profile with zip code matching for promotions like the SoCal pass ---

I wouldn't be surprised they employ the same for All CA zip codes on profile for this - and extended multi-day use until mid-Dec just like SoCal mid-winter promotion did --- especially since there is Annual Pass option at this time, that makes a fairly reasonable restart compromise for the summer. I'm good with that.

I think Get Away Today was saying out-of-state cannot buy new tickets and cannot make park reservations, even with existing tickets, yet.

Allegedly, Disney will not sell tickets to those with out of state addresses on their Disney profile. I have also heard from a reliable source that they WILL be checking ID at the gate until CA drops the residency requirement.

Do with that information what you will, especially if you are already a ticket holder.
Since we already have tickets, that piece isn't an issue. And fwiw, we have no intention of not following the rules--if only CA residents are allowed at the end of June, we will be canceling park reservations (if we are allowed to make them in the first place). We are going to (hopefully) make reservations with the hope that out-of-staters will be allowed by end of June. If not, we will not be going to the parks. We will be keeping our VGC rezzie regardless, so we're not out anything by making a park reservation.

Since we already have tickets, that piece isn't an issue. And fwiw, we have no intention of not following the rules--if only CA residents are allowed at the end of June, we will be canceling park reservations (if we are allowed to make them in the first place). We are going to (hopefully) make reservations with the hope that out-of-staters will be allowed by end of June. If not, we will not be going to the parks. We will be keeping our VGC rezzie regardless, so we're not out anything by making a park reservation.
It is my understanding that you have to make an attestation at the time of reservation that you are a CA resident...

Another thing to keep in mind that the June 15th "reopening California" date also might coincide with increased capacity, not just removal of out of state restrictions, so I'm praying that means we'll stand a chance.

It still sucks, really getting the shaft here if you want to go this summer when we can and you're out of state.

Another thing to keep in mind that the June 15th "reopening California" date also might coincide with increased capacity, not just removal of out of state restrictions, so I'm praying that means we'll stand a chance.

It still sucks, really getting the shaft here if you want to go this summer when we can and you're out of state.
I do think they will hold back spaces and not release everything at once. Similar to WDW where they "sell out" reservation days and then a week later open them up again.

I wonder if this applies to existing unused multi day tickets?
For existing unused -- 13 day DOES apply still per DL FAQ

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks-tickets/#modifications-cancellations
  • Unused non-promotional single day tickets that expire on December 30, 2021 or March 31, 2022 will have the expiration date extended to December 30, 2022. Wholly unused, non-promotional multi-day tickets that expire on January 12, 2022 or April 13, 2022 will have the expiration date extended to January 12, 2023, and the ticket will expire 13 days after first use or on January 12, 2023, whichever occurs first.

I do think they will hold back spaces and not release everything at once. Similar to WDW where they "sell out" reservation days and then a week later open them up again.

Agreed! Gotta try to stay positive! :scared:

I have a feeling if Newsom walked back the June 15th date he'd receive a lot of backlash he really doesn't want right now. So I think things will work out- just gotta wait before planning too much.... Which us hyper excited planners are so good at ammirite?!

I was "chatting" with a cast member on the app yesterday and was told I could buy tickets on the 15th but could not reserve until out of state restrictions were lifted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter