Disneyland Picture of the Day #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine for today.

ThunderMountain.jpg

Rainforest_Elf......I mainly use my Nikon D80. :thumbsup2

Don't forget your "magic eye". That is the main ingredient I seem to be missing and I can't find it anywhere to buy!! ;)

I really love your pics NostalgicDad and I get a lot of inspiration from them. Your night shots just drop my jaw!!

I'm looking at a new lens and hoping that something other than the kit lens will help out as well. We'll see!

Anyways, keep posting pics everyone, it's fun to look at DL through someone elses eye.

Are any of these pictures somewhere in High Resolution? These are amazing I would love to set some as my wallpaper on my computer, especially that picture of the entrance to tomorrowland! I know that it would take up too much space to post the actual pics in high res but could there be a link posted to view the pictures in high res?

Nostalgicdad, I am brand new to taking pictures and am extremely motivated
by the pictures you take. Do you think a D40 is sufficient ?

The D40 is certainly a sufficient camera. I know people with the D40x that are very satisfied and their pictures are great. However, I believe the D40x has been discontinued. It was a couple of hundred dollars more than the D40. The added features being 10mp vs. 6mp among a couple of other things. For the money you spend, the D40 is a very good camera indeed.

And, thanks for the comment! :thumbsup2

Don't forget your "magic eye". That is the main ingredient I seem to be missing and I can't find it anywhere to buy!! ;)

I really love your pics NostalgicDad and I get a lot of inspiration from them. Your night shots just drop my jaw!!

I'm looking at a new lens and hoping that something other than the kit lens will help out as well. We'll see!

Anyways, keep posting pics everyone, it's fun to look at DL through someone elses eye.

Thanks stacymomof2! Very nice of you to say those things. I think everyone has their own "magic eye" as everyone sees things just a little differently. And, you hit the nail on the head.......it's fun to look at DL through the eye's of everyone. There is so much detail that we all miss something here and there. I really enjoy showing folks how I see DL through the pictures I post on this board. And, I don't think it's hard to tell how much I love DL at night. ;)

I couldn't agree. One year for fun although don't take wonderfu; pictures I gave each of my children throw away camera for them to take pictures. It was so fun to look at each others pictures and see it through each others eyes.

Hi Danny,
I have the Nikon D40X and I have been thrilled with the results that I have had with minimal knowledge or effort. That being said, your night shots have inspired me to book a longer trip to DL, and to study up on night shooting, so that I can go to the park alone a few evenings and try some shots. Your shots are simply inspiring, and I have your alone in the park shot up mainstreet to the castle as my desktop. It makes going to work so much easier!

Hi Danny,
I have the Nikon D40X and I have been thrilled with the results that I have had with minimal knowledge or effort. That being said, your night shots have inspired me to book a longer trip to DL, and to study up on night shooting, so that I can go to the park alone a few evenings and try some shots. Your shots are simply inspiring, and I have your alone in the park shot up mainstreet to the castle as my desktop. It makes going to work so much easier!

Well, I'm glad to be helping DL's bottom line! ;)

Thank you for sharing those very kind thoughts. I very much appreciate that. You know, that shot of an empty Main Street looking towards the castle is also my desktop background. Last week I got to thinking it was missing something. So, I took one of my recent fireworks shots and merged it using Photoshop. Although you can't tell, it's obviously a fake picture but looks REALLY cool. :cool2: I may post it at some point but I really only like to post authentic shots on this thread.

I'm glad to hear you plan on spending some time at night with the camera in the parks. If you're carrying a tripod, don't worry about people looking at you funny. Just act like you're on a mission! One point of advice......take your time. One note of caution......it's a lot of fun! :hyper:

Danny, PLEASE post your photoshopped pic of Main Street with the fireworks!!! I would love to see it (and maybe borrow it for my desktop too!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter