Disneyland Paris - News

We got here last night.. for a 1 day trip to DLP.. I can't express how frustrating and disappointing the day was...

Unfortunately I didn"t follow the news past days, but Disney also didn't notify us or did anything whatsoever to care about guests...

I still don't get why/how a private (and paid for) place is hosting a protest..?

It was just the cherry on top after 3 days in Paris experiencing worst customer service whenever we went... :(

Sometimes they probably won't know, as staff can goon strike at the drop of a hat in France. Ive been caught at the port a few times where they have called a flash strike

Is there any news on when Annual Passes will return for those who aren't renewing. I'd like to go for a weekend this year but i won't if i can't get a pass as I am planning to go next year.

Is there any news on when Annual Passes will return for those who aren't renewing. I'd like to go for a weekend this year but i won't if i can't get a pass as I am planning to go next year.
No news yet. But when do you plan to go this year?

For the strike planned on 3rd of June, DLP has send out a message:
Due to a Cast Member strike action planned on Sat June 3, Disneyland Paris is implementing flexible conditions
⚠️

- Guests can postpone their stay to a later date,
- Dated tickets can be rescheduled or refunded
- Guests with non-dated tickets are invited to move their registrations by 10a that day
- Disney Premier Access or Secure My Seat that cannot be honored will be reimbursed upon request

No news yet. But when do you plan to go this year?
It really depends - i'm not sure yet. But end of the year rather than the beginning. Halloween/ Christmas Time. But not on the actual halloween / christmas dates.

It really depends - i'm not sure yet. But end of the year rather than the beginning. Halloween/ Christmas Time. But not on the actual halloween / christmas dates.
Oh, a lot can change in the meantime. I would make a reservation for hotel via booking.com or another rooms only platform with 'cancellation free of charge'-condition. Most rooms can be cancelled up to a week before arrival. Then you do not have to think about room rates increasing. And if/when the APs are available again, you order one.

I think the trickiest thing is: Will the new APs also have blackout dates and will your preferred dates be blackout dates?
Also we don't know anything yet about rates and how many days you need to visit to make it worthwhile.

Oh, a lot can change in the meantime. I would make a reservation for hotel via booking.com or another rooms only platform with 'cancellation free of charge'-condition. Most rooms can be cancelled up to a week before arrival. Then you do not have to think about room rates increasing. And if/when the APs are available again, you order one.

I think the trickiest thing is: Will the new APs also have blackout dates and will your preferred dates be blackout dates?
Also we don't know anything yet about rates and how many days you need to visit to make it worthwhile.
Honestly without the APs i will probably not bother - so its fine. Europa Park or one of the UK parks can take my money instead :)

June 6 is the next strike day.
Hi Karin,

I am travelling to Paris for our first time and we are big Disney fans. We were planning on buying a dated ticket for Monday, June 12. We have tickets for some other attractions in Paris on other dates and it is a short trip. I am wondering if we should wait to buy until we are in Paris or just go ahead and get the tickets. As Monday is really the only day we can go, do you know if the strike impacts the park for the whole day or just for a few hours?

Any insights would be appreciated,
Jane

I am travelling to Paris for our first time and we are big Disney fans. We were planning on buying a dated ticket for Monday, June 12. We have tickets for some other attractions in Paris on other dates and it is a short trip. I am wondering if we should wait to buy until we are in Paris or just go ahead and get the tickets. As Monday is really the only day we can go, do you know if the strike impacts the park for the whole day or just for a few hours?

I would say buy your ticket because tickets can sell out and Disney has been issuing refunds for the strikes.

What Swede says. We are going towards the summer holidays so random days can sell out.

As the strikes seem to be on Tuesday and Saturday, hopefully you will be alright on a Monday. Keep an eye on the app and social media to see what rides and entertainment are operating.

From DLP Report:

"🇬🇧 Cast Members shared a message of Disneyland Paris President Natacha Rafalski breaking the silence about the strike, stating that Disney won’t negotiate on pay until the review agreed for August, and that the Resort may have recently become profitable but needs to be careful."

Yikes.

Hi..
I would say buy your ticket because tickets can sell out and Disney has been issuing refunds for the strikes.
have you seen/read the procedure for refunds?
I have written to customer service, and they provided a standard answer that the parks reserve the right for not offering attractions/shows etc
Thanks!

have you seen/read the procedure for refunds?
I have written to customer service, and they provided a standard answer that the parks reserve the right for not offering attractions/shows etc
Thanks!
I have not had to request a refund myself but according to their official help on twitter https://twitter.com/DLPHelp

"Exceptionally, dated tickets may be modified or refunded, free of charge, until the day of your visit"

I would try contacting them there or other social media, they generally are responsive.

Last edited:
According to DLP Report there wont be any strikes this weekend, due to a Make a Wish event. No confirmed dates for next week (yet).

Hoping they ease up on the striking as I really want to book a trip in July for my niece & I. But have a feeling it will ramp up as it gets to holiday season.

Are there any further planned strikes? We have booked tickets for Friday 23 June. We only have the one day at Paris Disneyland and have travelled all the way from Australia, so really hope our day is not affected by strike action...

We will be there in one week and worried about the strikes affecting our visit - is it just cetrain things aren't happening (like parades/shows), or are they shutting down the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter