Disneyland Paris - News

Besides all the AP issues... there is still other news from DLP:
Princess week is back, 20-26 there will be extra M&Gs, sightings/entertainment, snacks and merchandise.

It is not a big thing, last year I skipped it because I couldn't make it work. But also as there wasn't much information. Why just a week?

Okay, it’s been a while since I did some news updates from Disneyland Paris. So let’s do a round of news from the last few weeks.

First of all, it’s a rainy and windy summer here in Europe. Keep an eye on changes in outdoor entertainment or outdoor dining.

Disneyland Park:

• The railroad had some testings to be open from 13:00 – 20:00, but is now back to 9:30 – 17:00.
  • There was a special event with photographers in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle to take your picture (for free!) for a special promotion for the partnership with Kodak. Who knows what this might lead to!
  • Restaurant Fuente del Oro is revamped into a Coco-style restaurant, Casa de Coco. No changes to the menu, but there is now a limited souvenir mug available. To be sold with or without a rice/hazelnut drink. (PS. Do not order the churros)
  • Pays des Contes Fées is back in action, the book is not repainted, but a lot of work is done on horticulture and the miniature scenes.
  • New pavement leading to Casey Jr. and Pays des Contes Fées.
  • There are auditions being held for dancers for a new original show from January – September 2024. The 30th anniversary show is there till September, after this there will be Halloween and Christmas shows, so who knows what’s going to happen!
  • During Princess Week at the end of this month, there will be themed snacks like an Aurora themed cake and a Mermaid themed milkshake (as in, there is a chocolate aurora and mermaid tail on top)
  • There is construction going on around the Old Mill and the Silver Spur Steakhouse.
  • Casey’s Corner has moved their pick up line for mobile order.
  • The smoke effect on the dragon under the castle has returned, and his eyes are glowing again. (I always assumed it was a male dragon, no idea why)
  • Pineapple Whip at Café de la Brousse has returned.
The Studios:

Disney Village:

• La Grange got extra capacity. They are using areas from the former Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Shows.
  • The revamping is still going on, Brasserie Rosalie (replacement Café Mickey) is slowly getting revealed.
Hotels:

Besides extra and modern outlets in Sequoia Lodge also got new carpets, light fixtures, walls etc. in the hallways.

General:

• As of 1 August 2023, a change in French law. No longer you will get automatically a receipt when you purchase something. Only upon request your receipt will be printed.
    (If you can get a VAT refund, don’t forget to ask for it)

• Restaurant Fuente del Oro is revamped into a Coco-style restaurant, Casa de Coco. No changes to the menu, but there is now a limited souvenir mug available. To be sold with or without a rice/hazelnut drink. (PS. Do not order the churros)

What's wrong with the churros? I haven't had them before but I was eyeing them up on the menu!

What's wrong with the churros? I haven't had them before but I was eyeing them up on the menu!
I am pretty easygoing when it comes to food. But this was the first time I want to throw food away before finishing it. They were very chewy, as if they had been out for a while. Definitely not fresh. This was right after the menu was renewed, two(?) years ago. Maybe they are better now, but I do not have high hopes 😉

If you try them, report back!

As of 1 August 2023, a change in French law. No longer you will get automatically a receipt when you purchase something. Only upon request your receipt will be printed.
I would guess to save paper? Would be nice with an electronic option.

Electronic texts, emails , emojis …all create carbon emissions …
It is time we stop melting the atmosphere or whatever the scientific term is.
My family just returned from Rome and Marseille before / after cruise and Temps are exceeding 100‘s in Europe also…
returning to the heat dome in place before & after in Texas Also Bad.
I monitor DFW and Orlando area nonstop including during the night.
very worried about the Air Quality, red flag alerts , and excessive heat warnings
Not to mention they have repeatedly been hotter than WDW area ,all summer long… The Weather Channel seems to be focused on flooding this entire time …

I am pretty easygoing when it comes to food. But this was the first time I want to throw food away before finishing it. They were very chewy, as if they had been out for a while. Definitely not fresh. This was right after the menu was renewed, two(?) years ago. Maybe they are better now, but I do not have high hopes 😉

If you try them, report back!
Oh no! Thanks for the warning - I'll definitely report back if I try them :-)

Closure of the pools for refurbishment:

- Disney Sequoia Lodge: Nov 6-17, 2023
- Davy Crockett Ranch: Nov 20-Dec 1, 2023
- Disney Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel: Dec 4-8, 2023
- Disney Newport Bay Club: Dec 11-15, 2023

Is there any update on when APs will go on sale again (to new holders)?
Nothing that I've seen - I've been checking every day on the off-chance that it pops up.

There is a link that was floating around Twitter which allowed anyone to buy one online, apparently that wasn't intentional. The English language version of the link stopped working quite quickly, but it was still accessible in French. I don't know if anyone has successfully managed to get one that way, someone on Twitter said they'd asked DLP and they were told those passes would be cancelled if the person wasn't eligible.

News came in today, everyone can buy the AP's now.
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/offers/disneyland-pass
Thanks for posting! Must be purchased over the phone or at the Studio's ticket counters...as inefficient as ever! I guess I shouldn't be too cynical; I was certain they were going to hold off on selling passes until after the 30th anniversary had ended. Hoping to get one more visit in before the shows go away at the end of September.

Thanks for posting! Must be purchased over the phone or at the Studio's ticket counters...as inefficient as ever! I guess I shouldn't be too cynical; I was certain they were going to hold off on selling passes until after the 30th anniversary had ended. Hoping to get one more visit in before the shows go away at the end of September.
That was the promise, wasnt it, that you could do it all online?

I think they really thought that all current AP holders would buy the new passes immediately. But based on the backlash... that wasn't the case. So they started the sales for the regular public earlier then expected.

That was the promise, wasnt it, that you could do it all online?

I think they really thought that all current AP holders would buy the new passes immediately. But based on the backlash... that wasn't the case. So they started the sales for the regular public earlier then expected.
I don't even know what the supposed "promise" was; the absurdity of how it all played out with existing passholders (telling them they couldn't take advantage of the digital pass and then relenting) just highlighted how little the Parks and Resorts teams share information or best practices across the group. After two flubs handling APs at each of the US parks, you would think they'd have their act together the third time around with Paris.

Alas, while I'm disappointed at the price hikes I WANT Disney to invest in the Paris resort and I know that means they need to get revenue up. I wish they would have retained some of the less costly benefits (or at least come up with some new ones).

It looks like you can buy it online on the French, Belgian and Dutch versions of the website. I'm considering buying ours on the French website.

Our next trip is just over a month away, and I don't want to wait to buy them in person in case they limit sales before then. Buying over the phone would avoid that, but they'll send a voucher by post to exchange and I don't want to risk that it doesn't arrive before we leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter