• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris - News

We will be there in one week and worried about the strikes affecting our visit - is it just cetrain things aren't happening (like parades/shows), or are they shutting down the parks?
They are not shutting down parks, but operations can be impacted as in shows cancelled or longer waiting times.
It cannot be predicted what will happen where and when. What I read that last weekend they didn't go to the parks because of a Make a Wish event. They were protesting in Disney Village instead.

Best you can do is to keep an eye on the app and to go with the flow. They usually stay central at the hub, so try to appreciate the beauty of DLP at Haunted Mansion or Adventureland for example. Enjoy walk through attractions like Aladdin, Alice' labyrinth, the grottos near Pirates.

If they go left, go right. And don't be afraid to approach the working CMs if you need advice on where to go.

Also look at ED92, Pixiedust.be and DLP Report on Facebook, they have (almost) daily reporters in the park and are quick to update people on what's going on.

It sucks that people have to go on strike when you are on your expensive holiday, but try to keep a positive mood in one way or another to prevent it from ruining your entire stay.

Good luck!

We will be there in one week and worried about the strikes affecting our visit - is it just cetrain things aren't happening (like parades/shows), or are they shutting down the parks?
Next strike day is announced, Monday 19th. When will you be in DLP?

Other news: Because of the heat the coming days, the 30th anniversary show Shine Brighter might be adjusted depending on the temperature that day.
This could be characters missing, last year they took out Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. Or it might be just a parade and skip the dancing on the stages at the hub.

This is a very intense show and could be dangerous for the fur performers in high temperatures without any shade.

Next strike day is announced, Monday 19th. When will you be in DLP?

Other news: Because of the heat the coming days, the 30th anniversary show Shine Brighter might be adjusted depending on the temperature that day.
This could be characters missing, last year they took out Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. Or it might be just a parade and skip the dancing on the stages at the hub.

This is a very intense show and could be dangerous for the fur performers in high temperatures without any shade.
Today they made an announcement before one of the parades that it would be shortened due to unforeseen conditions or something like that

Yes, forgot about that. If Shine Brighter is adjusted due to the weather, they usually do an announcement that it will be modified.

Other news, in case someone missed it (like me) the little show in the Studios they have for the release of the Little Mermaid movie, it's going to end on June 23rd.

Has the next strike day been announced yet? We are going this Friday, so just wanting to make sure that it is not a strike day.

Yes, forgot about that. If Shine Brighter is adjusted due to the weather, they usually do an announcement that it will be modified.

Other news, in case someone missed it (like me) the little show in the Studios they have for the release of the Little Mermaid movie, it's going to end on June 23rd.

Interesting, I saw nothing about this show the whole week I was there.

Has the next strike day been announced yet? We are going this Friday, so just wanting to make sure that it is not a strike day.
I didn't see anything announced yet. But last few weeks they did one weekday + Saturday. So I hope you are good, last strike day was this Monday.

Good luck!

Just back from DLP - when we were there Monday, the protesters marched thru the park and then sat down on Main Street near the entrance, blocking the road. There was a ton of security around them. They closed the castle walk-through and also the Alice maze (although not sure if that was related to the protest). The parade may have been cancelled that day, not sure.
It wasn't super disruptive but it was definitely less than magical.
Hopefully they can work this out soon!

Just an update about our experience on Friday 23 June. It was not a strike day, and our visit went very smoothly. The only things that happened were that the parade was in an adjusted format (I assume due to the hot weather) and the Lion King Show was cancelled at the very last second (due to “technical difficulties). Other than that, every ride (other than this on planned closures) was operating and the park looked clean and well maintained.

We are supposed to receive a refund for our pre-booked tickets to Lion King - If anyone has any tips on how to chase that up I would appreciate it. Have only received a form response from Disneyland Paris Customer Service.

We are supposed to receive a refund for our pre-booked tickets to Lion King - If anyone has any tips on how to chase that up I would appreciate it. Have only received a form response from Disneyland Paris Customer Service.

Jafar's voice: Patience, Iago. Patience.

Yeah... you will need mainly patience.

For those into characters, Scrooge McDuck has been seen several days in a row opposite Big Thunder Mountain. Quite fitting actually with the backstory of our Frontierland.

Imagine Scrooge McDuck as the phantom in Phantom Manor :P now that's a different story!

Other news for those staying in Paris:

Due to the riots after the death of a 17 year old there are reports of disruptions in public transport (mainly buses), this can impact some travel around and from Ile de France.

Pixiedust.be reports that due to the riots in Paris after the death of the 17 year old, the parks will close at 21.30, also Disney Village will also close earlier at 23.00

This is for today and tomorrow.

Due to the unrest (and probably the summer holidays) the unions have announced not to go on strike in July and August. Strikes might resume again in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter