Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Sorry if this has already been asked... I understand that there's no "modify" button for the park passes. I'm not trying to change to a different park. But we have one guest who might or might not be with us. Is there a way to delete only one member of your party while keeping the reservation for the others?

This only matters if "no shows" still count against your ticket (which no one seems to know for sure). I wonder if it will be like ADRs, though? As long as some of your party shows up, you aren't considered a "no show?"

I'm tempted to check availability and cancel my park reservations and then create a separate reservation for our other guest... but I'm nervous that I'll end up screwing up our park passes (and I'm not even sure if it's necessary).

I also don't know for sure if the system will allow guests on the same resort reservation to have different park reservations (one would hope that it is just checking to see that they HAVE a resort reservation and a ticket, and that I could create two separate guest parties, even though the other party's resort reservation is the same room/reservation #).

Anyone tried this?

ETA: The availability calendar shows all parks available for our days, so I'm tempted to try canceling one of the existing park passes and making a separate pass for the "maybe going" guest. I just want to make sure there's not some other glitch that will raise it's ugly head.
Yes you can cancel just one person on a reservation. I HAD TO DO THIS ALREADY AND IT WAS JUST LIKE A FP, I CLICKED CANCEL AND it ALLOWED ME TO CHOOSE OUT OF THE PARTY WHO TO CANCEL... sorry for the caps lock but I don't feel like typing it again lol also to your 9ther question, I have an AP and others on my reservation have no tickets and I booked myself separately just fine.

That's a bunch of mallarkey and Disney knows it. It's apparent that they did hardly any testing at all. All they'd have to do is look through the 245 pages of posts here in this thread alone to see that there are a LOT of guests who have had very real and legitimate problems. And these are people who SHOULD have been able to book their park days...AP holders with on site resort stays, for example. AP holders **AND** people with regular multi-day tickets who ALSO had a MNSSHP ticket linked to their MDE account. Or AP holders with a multi-day ticket linked to their MDE account. ALL of those people have had problems with Disney's stupid system not allowing them to make park reservations despite having the right tickets linked in MDE to their on site resort stay.

It's ridiculous.

Then they went and opened up park reservations for not just the first couple of months of opening, but for the rest of 2020 and all of 2021 through 9/26/2021.

A phased or staged roll out would have been far more effective.

Disney IT can go walk the plank on Captain Hook's ship as far as I'm concerned. They clearly haven't learned any lessons from their previous application roll out disasters.
</end rant>
I just read it and I think I had smoke coming out of my ears from anger! And what made things worse was while we were all stuck on hold, stuck re-dialing a number in order to speak with someone or finally reached someone who could not help.....we received the email from Disney letting us know it was time to make our park reservations!!!! Makes me so angry!:mad:

https://*****.com/2020/06/walt-disn...nt-on-theme-park-reservation-system-glitches/
Did you guys see this? I cannot believe Disney is trying to blame its loyal customers for the problems! 😡
I just read it and I think I had smoke coming out of my ears from anger! And what made things worse was while we were all stuck on hold, stuck re-dialing a number in order to speak with someone or finally reached someone who could not help.....we received the email from Disney letting us know it was time to make our park reservations!!!! Makes me so angry!:mad:
I saw it and like @Kimncsu, I think I had smoke coming out of my ears. Seriously offensive after the cluster*&^$ of Monday.

I saw it and like @Kimncsu, I think I had smoke coming out of my ears. Seriously offensive after the cluster*&^$ of Monday.

VERY bad marketing/PR way of handling this. They would have earned some brownie points if an executive or SOMEBODY had put out a public statement saying something to the effect of "Yeah, we really screwed up. We're sorry. We won't do that next time."

Instead, blame it on all of the application users.

Their IT department can suck my big toe!

So I was able to book my hotel package for July 2021 but can't get park reservations. It says it not linked. I went into MDE and made sure everyone was in there and no extra accounts. Cancelled that reservation and rebooked. Still nothing. Anyone have a work around?

58 hours and 145 phone calls later I was finally able to finalize our park reservations.

Now, it's time to board the "Disney System" roulette ride and find out which resort we will be staying at since our originally planned resort (POFQ) is not on the list of resorts that will be open during our stay.

PLEASE Lord, for the love of Carol Baskins PLEASE don't let us end up at Saratoga Springs :headache:

58 hours and 145 phone calls later I was finally able to finalize our park reservations.

Now, it's time to board the "Disney System" roulette ride and find out which resort we will be staying at since our originally planned resort (POFQ) is not on the list of resorts that will be open during our stay.

PLEASE Lord, for the love of Carol Baskins PLEASE don't let us end up at Saratoga Springs :headache:
SSR isn't as bad as people pretend! :goodvibes
I just got through this park per day reservsation thing!
I was able to book a park per day for the entire length of our 29 Nights in January.
I just rotated through all 4 parks in a loop until I ran out of days.
The interesting part is, that we will be staying off-property in February, and our APs will still be valid, but we could not reserve a park for any of those days.http://www.***********.com/forums/images/smilies/new/headbangeranger.gifhttp://www.***********.com/forums/images/smilies/new/headbangeranger.gif
I'm assuming once all the "Resort Guests" reservations have been exhausted they will evaluate opening it up to AP-holders without a resort stay ??
This is a scheduling nightmare of biblical proportions: they are 'using the simple to confound the wise'

When is your trip scheduled? Ours is in October (we originally had POFQ River View) and they only offered CBR for us to move to. We ended up with CBR Preferred Room.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone, especially Raggou. The last few days have been frustrating and exhausting and somehow exhilarating at the same time. It was nice knowing I wasn’t freaking out alone.

I was finally able to book all the park passes I needed today, and I know it was due to the efforts of everyone that called, called, and called Disney again to get it fixed. ❤

See you all on the ADR thread 🤣

Over on the resorts board they have a thread where people are posting what they're getting. It depends on when you go, but it seems a pretty good chance from what people are reporting that you'll be put at another moderate, FW cabins or CBR.

Last edited:
VERY bad marketing/PR way of handling this. They would have earned some brownie points if an executive or SOMEBODY had put out a public statement saying something to the effect of "Yeah, we really screwed up. We're sorry. We won't do that next time."

Totally agree. They should have owned up to the problem instead of trying to shift the blame. What a joke. I still don't understand how one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world can have such horrible IT.

thank you to Disney IT line, my Park Pass issues were fixed. Today, only spent 1 hour on hold and 10 minutes to fix it however they did.
At least, now we have Park Passes for both trips.
Glad to have that finished.

thank you to Disney IT line, my Park Pass issues were fixed. Today, only spent 1 hour on hold and 10 minutes to fix it however they did.
At least, now we have Park Passes for both trips.
Glad to have that finished.
Which line did you try? Thanks! I get a busy signal on anything I have.

SSR isn't as bad as people pretend! :goodvibes
I just got through this park per day reservsation thing!
I was able to book a park per day for the entire length of our 29 Nights in January.
I just rotated through all 4 parks in a loop until I ran out of days.
The interesting part is, that we will be staying off-property in February, and our APs will still be valid, but we could not reserve a park for any of those days.
headbangeranger.gif
headbangeranger.gif

I'm assuming once all the "Resort Guests" reservations have been exhausted they will evaluate opening it up to AP-holders without a resort stay ??
This is a scheduling nightmare of biblical proportions: they are 'using the simple to confound the wise'
Thanks for the nod for SSR, I had 5 nights at BCV in May that are now 7 nights at SSR in October!

AP holders without reservations are supposed to be able to make reservations on Friday. I am not sure if our already booked park passes will cause and issue with that or not.

So ridiculous - I did the exact SAME thing Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - and had the CM on the phone also trying for me on Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday all of a sudden works, but it is user error? Whatever stuff that Disney rep is on - I would like them to share! It's not the crime, but the cover-up. Just what you said - say an apology, explain that the extra month they gave themselves over Universal STILL wasn't enough for them to get their system up and running, and the majority of us would be just fine.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter