Disney world April or December.

Lkendle

Earning My Ears
Hello, unfortunately I am a teacher so I have to go to Wdw during school holidays.
could people please give me tips or information on wether to go over Easter holidays or Christmas and new year in 2022.
thank you all in advance.

Hmm...both are crowded. I would say I have not been at Christmas time, but the pics of the week between Christmas and New Year's always scared me - waaaaaaaay too crowded. That was before covid.

I'd also say maybe it depends on where you are traveling from. If it's a cold weather area, I would maybe chance Christmas just to get to a more moderate climate. I'll definitely do Christmas one year - just haven't decided when.

In from England. So any time of the year in florida is warmer than here hahah.

Well, if you were up for a challenge and knew how to plan for the crowds I would do Christmas! I have little kids so I'm waiting till they are a tad older. That way they can be somewhat responsible for watching where they are going in a crowd. :earboy2:

Just need to realize you may not ride every single thing you want and plan accordingly! The decorations look beautiful! Heck, just going to the different resorts to see their decorations is a trip in itself!

It will be crowded either time period but if you are looking at the time period between Christmas and New Year Eve that tends to be very crowded, even to the point of park closures. With that in mind, I'd take my chances at Easter.

I'm also a teacher, so I completely get your dilemma. Both seasons have their ups and downs. Personally, I prefer Christmas. The weather is better (especially coming from up north) and there's just something about the Christmas decorations, especially at Magic Kingdom, that just make it that much more magical. Crowds will be bad either week. With attendance caps the way they are now, it's probably a negligible difference in crowds. When things go back to normal, then all bets are off and crowds will probably be worse at Christmas. However - IMHO, it's all about knowing what to expect and having a good plan to manage the crowds.

In from England. So any time of the year in florida is warmer than here hahah.
I wouldn’t be so fast to dismiss the cold in WDW in December. When it is cold, it is a penetrating, makes your bones ache chill. I don’t really know how else to describe it. It isn’t a crisp cold, it’s a sort of damp, humid deep chill. This coming from Wales!😂

Cold in December probably feels cold since it would be a DAMP cold which always feels worse.
We have gone on spring break many times and Thanksgiving twice. It was MORE crowded at Thanksgiving time and I asked a cast member did we need to worry about them closing a park to guests. They said that only happens Christmas week. (With less capacity now that could happen now but in normal times I would expect Christmas week to be more crowded than Spring break.)

That said we went back a second time for Thanksgiving because of the holiday decorations and feel. It was lovely.

Even though spring break and Christmas are both very busy times to me spring break seems more crowded and when you go in December it is not hot and it's nice and cool.

I've never done April before. The last trip my family and I took was the Christmas season back in 2012. We went the end of November into the beginning December. While it was during Pop Warner week, it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Obviously, things have changed in the last year, but I would do the Christmas season again if we could.

I am a teacher too! We have been both times and both times are crowded. I feel like the week between Christmas and New Year's is the worst. If you do come during the holiday season, and they are having the after hours Christmas party at Magic Kingdom, that might be worth going to so you can enjoy that park with lesser crowds. Definitely pack something to keep. you warm, we have family that live in Kissimmee and we have spent many Christmas holidays there. The weather is so unpredictable. We have been swimming and getting a sunburn and other times we have been freezing to death.

Going during Spring Break is fun too. The Flower and Food Festival at Epcot has some nice things to enjoy.

Happy planning!

Hello, unfortunately I am a teacher so I have to go to Wdw during school holidays.
could people please give me tips or information on wether to go over Easter holidays or Christmas and new year in 2022.
thank you all in advance.
I'm also a teacher who has been at both of those times of year. I strongly recommend Easter. Better weather, less expensive, and the parks are typically less crowded than during Christmas week. At the very worst, Easter crowds might be equal to Christmas week crowds, but they will not be worse than Christmas week crowds. I've even seen Easter week crowds on the light side.

Last edited:
Another teacher here, and I'd agree that April/Easter is a better choice if only because it's less crowded than Christmas. It's crowded, but not full like the week between Christmas and New Year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter