Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

Ow! I broke my foot a couple of years ago, so I know what a fracture feels like. I can't imagine going to Disney with that pain. You're tough!

God Bless you! It is amazing that you went! I hope WDW cured your depression! I can't wait to see and hear more!:thumbsup2 You Go Girl!

Sounds like a great tr so far.
Thanks for reading.:goodvibes

I'm so sorry about your arms I hope you are doing well now:flower3: . I can't wait for the rest. I don't know how you can do all this with a big smile it would have driven me crazy.
I just kept telling myself, "it could be worse". At least my legs weren't broken.:thumbsup2

Oh my goodness!! That is crazy!! I am glad you decided to to still go on your trip though! And you actually finsihed the race!!! :worship:
Thanks. I am so glad I finished. That would have been so aggravating to train all summer and not get to finish.

I have tears in my eyes - you are such a great Mom to do this for your family.:cheer2:

Oh, you're so sweet.:hug:

You look wonderful - I can't imagine what a mess I would be in that situation. Your DH is really special:wizard:

Yep, I am pretty lucky. As the trip went on he learned to become quite the hair beautician as well for both me and the girls.:lmao:

What an amazing family - I can't wait to read more. Your girls are adorable! princess: princess:

Thanks so much. pixiedust: Welcome!

That's so rough! It sure looks like you were all in good spirits to start off the trip! I can't wait to hear more.

Yes, we were. Disney was just what the doctor ordered.:goodvibes

ouch...:hug: great so far though...:thumbsup2

THanks a bunch. :thanks:
Oh God love ya!
:lmao:
What a trooper you are! You finished the race?!?! WOWZA!!
Yep, I am pretty proud of the fact that I finished.:cheer2:

I can tell from your planning that this trip was much anticipated, and I only hope that your predicament doesn't put too much of a damper on things. I'll stay tuned to find out!
Yep, stay tuned. Lots of adventure still to be had.

Ouch! I can't even imagine!
:flower3:

Ow! I broke my foot a couple of years ago, so I know what a fracture feels like. I can't imagine going to Disney with that pain. You're tough!

Luckily I packed plenty of meds.:tilt:

God Bless you! It is amazing that you went! I hope WDW cured your depression! I can't wait to see and hear more!:thumbsup2 You Go Girl!
You got it girl!:yay:
I am on board, waiting for more, and the suspense is killing me! Well, actually, we know what comes next, but you have to finish the story!!! I can't believe that happened to you, I am sooooo sorry!!! I am glad it didn't keep you from Disney and I hope it was able to help you take your mind off it!! And, I should have put this first, but you and your family are just cute as buttons, does anyone say that anymore??? But it's true, your family is beautiful!! Again, can't wait to hear more!!
Thanks for holding on with me.:thumbsup2

Oh No, Dont stop now.....we need to hear what happened next:scared1:

I hate suspense as well.:rotfl2:

Don't stop now more more popcorn::

There you go!

Goodness! First of all congratulations on fininshing the race! :thumbsup2 I think it's great that you went anyway (I would have too.) It's like your hubby said...I'd rather be in pain in Disney than at home. He sounds like an awesome guy! You guys are all so darn cute too! Your girls look exactly like you but smaller. :cutie: Sounds like the airport put you through the ringer. No fun. :sad2: I can't wait to see how your trip plays out! I'll be back!

Goodness! First of all congratulations on fininshing the race! :thumbsup2 I think it's great that you went anyway (I would have too.) It's like your hubby said...I'd rather be in pain in Disney than at home. He sounds like an awesome guy! You guys are all so darn cute too! Your girls look exactly like you but smaller. :cutie: Sounds like the airport put you through the ringer. No fun. :sad2: I can't wait to see how your trip plays out! I'll be back!

Thanks, I am very glad I ended up going.:goodvibes

:yay: :yay: we want more! :thumbsup2

I'm so honored that I have readers.:woohoo:

Wow, what a trooper. Two broken arms and you finish the race and go to disney!! Waiting for more.

I was looking for a smiley that looked like a "trooper". This is the closest I could find. pirate: ARE!

:yay: You started your TR! So glad to put a face with a "dis" name! :) You and your family are gorgeous!! Your youngest daughter looks exactly like you!!

You are amazing! After breaking an arm and fracturing a wrist, you still ride 12 miles and run 5??? You are my hero!! I can hardly run a mile completely healthy! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Do you all automatically start hearing that song in your head when you read my title? Or is it just me?:rolleyes1

So we left off on the plane to Orlando. The nice lady next to me on the plane must have really thought I looked like a lost cause. Every time I'd try to read a magazine, get a drink, etc. She'd offer her assistance. I was glad to accept it.:goodvibes

The flight was a little bumpy. Hurricane Ike was still in the gulf. It had not yet hit Texas. The fasten seatbelt sign was on more often than not. It wasn't anything too scary. In fact the girls enjoy it.:rolleyes:

Upon arrival (BTW what is with that airport? It was under construction 11 months ago for our last trip and still looks the same.) Here's MCO's mini monorail ride. :)
DisneyWorld2008189-1-1.jpg

We found our way to Magical Express. There were pretty long lines. A lot of families had surrendered to sitting on the floor. Even though it was a long wait most everyone around us was in good spirits.
DisneyWorld2008190-1.jpg

I mean, you're going to Disney. Finally some people came around to tell us that the roads were pretty bad from rain and that they were doing the best to get the buses back to pick us up. We waited for about an hour and visited with the people around us. We thought it was funny. There was an older couple behind us that was traveling to WDW for the first time for their son's 50th birthday. They were a nice couple. She commented on how she was unsure about their trip because there seemed to be a lot of kids in line for the buses. :rolleyes1 Who would have thunk there'd be kids at Disney?:confused3 :lmao:

Finally our bus arrived and our entire bus was filled with people going to Pop Century. It's so funny how excited you get to see the ME bus upon arrival but on the way home it's the grim reaper.:rotfl2:
DisneyWorld2008192-1.jpg

DH tried to get a picture of the Walt Disney World sign. This is the best he could get from the middle of the bus in the rain.
DisneyWorld2008193-1.jpg

Since I knew the whole bus load was getting off at Pop I told my family to try to move quickly so we could check in infront of most of the crowd. Since we were not retrieving luggage from below we did end of in the front of the crowd.

And we were greated in the best way possible. As we walked in it was exactly 6 p.m. There was a D.J. and several staff members doing The Hustle in the lobby just as we walked in. What a great time for us to check in. It had been a long day of traveling and that was a treat. It was also the only time we got to see The Hustle during our 10 night stay at the Pop.
DisneyWorld2008194.jpg

DisneyWorld2008195.jpg

DisneyWorld2008196.jpg

Do The Hustle
:dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :jumping1:
Up Next: PC and Tie Die Cheesecake

Just found your TR! I love it!! We were at ASMU Sept. 10-16... Flew into MCO on the 10th as well! I don't remember anyone with 2 broken arms though! :)

I am loving you trip report, your family is beautiful! Such cute kiddos!

I cannot believe you broke both arms, that is something that I would do! Hey if you are going to do something do it all the way right? :lmao:

Wow, I'm impressed. Two broken arms and still going to WDW. I have a feeling I would have done the same thing. In fact, in disneyland I got run over and pushed down by a stoller one time and then the man pushing it stepped on one of my ankles. I didn't leave,I kept walking around for the next two days, drove home to northern CA and ended up in casts on both ankles...so I feel your pain.
Your girls are beautiful and I love the ideas of the 100 and 30 day parties!
Can't wait to read more!

Well!? :confused3 Did you guys do the Hustle or not? :lmao: You're there! Now the good times start...woo hoo! :yay:

Just joining and it is a great start. I am very impressed that you finished the Triathon but am sorry you broke both your arms. Look forward to reading more!

:yay: You started your TR! So glad to put a face with a "dis" name! :) You and your family are gorgeous!! Your youngest daughter looks exactly like you!!

You are amazing! After breaking an arm and fracturing a wrist, you still ride 12 miles and run 5??? You are my hero!! I can hardly run a mile completely healthy! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

:wave: Welcome to my TR. I've had a great time reading yours. It's fun to see what other people were doing the exact same time as you in the World.

Just found your TR! I love it!! We were at ASMU Sept. 10-16... Flew into MCO on the 10th as well! I don't remember anyone with 2 broken arms though! :)

I'm surprised I haven't come across anyone yet that saw or noticed me. I sure did get a lot of stares.:rotfl:

I am loving you trip report, your family is beautiful! Such cute kiddos!

I cannot believe you broke both arms, that is something that I would do! Hey if you are going to do something do it all the way right? :lmao:

That's great I'm going to have to remember that quote.:rotfl2:

Wow, I'm impressed. Two broken arms and still going to WDW. I have a feeling I would have done the same thing. In fact, in disneyland I got run over and pushed down by a stoller one time and then the man pushing it stepped on one of my ankles. I didn't leave,I kept walking around for the next two days, drove home to northern CA and ended up in casts on both ankles...so I feel your pain.
Your girls are beautiful and I love the ideas of the 100 and 30 day parties!
Can't wait to read more!

OMG. :eek: That's awful. You must have really been in pain for those two days. I can't believe he pushed it over you then proceeded to step on you.

Well!? :confused3 Did you guys do the Hustle or not? :lmao: You're there! Now the good times start...woo hoo! :yay:

:lmao: What are you kidding me? and lose our place in the front of the line? Well the girls did their own version of shaking their booty to the music, I guess.:banana:

Just joining and it is a great start. I am very impressed that you finished the Triathon but am sorry you broke both your arms. Look forward to reading more!

Welcome luvfigment :wave: So glad you could join us for the ride. :drive:

Love your TR so far. What a trooper! But I understand what we would do for our kids. I broke my ankle and was in a boot on crutches just before going to DL last summer. Almost cancelled, but knew how disappointed the kids would be. So I toughed it out on a scooter.:lmao: But I cannot imagine not being able to use either of my arms. Cudos to you on that one!!
Can't wait to read more.

Great update. I haven't stayed at Pop, but it's on my list. So far I have been lucky to stay at 5 different resorts on property so far. Of course the luxury resorts are probably gonna have to wait 20 years or so, lol! Can't wait to hear more!

your family are gorgeous! I love the report ... and can sympathise with the injuries ....

last year we had a huge car smash getting to WDW and I was in a cast, sling (broken shoulder, dislocated elbow) and a wheelchair for the 1st few days.

Great benefit was that I did 10 days of WDW in a haze of medicated drugs - which is quite a trip!

nothing - apart from legally enforced hospital stay would keep us away:thumbsup2

Glad to see your hubby took good care of you through it all - mine did too and its nice to see them step up to the plate sometimes;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!