Disney with babies

We brought DS when he was 3 months (in January) and DD when she was 6 months (in October). The younger they are the easier they are!

Though we spent a full day at the Bronx Zoo 13 days post c-section with my DD before DH's paternity leave ended. So we are very much a get up and go family.

I am so happy to see responses like this. It makes me feel like we can do it with a three month old. We may even enjoy it more because we will have a lot of time to wait and explore while the bigger kids go on some of the bigger attractions!

I am so happy to see responses like this. It makes me feel like we can do it with a three month old. We may even enjoy it more because we will have a lot of time to wait and explore while the bigger kids go on some of the bigger attractions!

Totally doable & enjoyable! Especially with Disney's awesome baby care centers.

DS was 10 weeks his first trip. He was no trouble at all. We had way more problems with DD (2) This was in mid-May and it was quite hot but babies are resilient. Just remember they feel what you feel and you'll always know what to do.

Not a vax debate, but I would wait until they've had a few sets of vaccines (at least 6 months). There are so many visitors from other countries (and heck, even within the US) that have different vaccination standards than what is recommended by the APA and the CDC.

I'm pregnant now and we currently have a Disney Cruise booked for when he's about 10 months old. We might add a few park days on too.

We cruised with our DS when he just turned 1 and then again when our DS was 2 & DD was 1. Definitely use the nursery!! They are amazing and it's so nice to get some adult only time at Palo, the adult only pool, spa, excursions, etc. I'm a stay-at-home mom so my kids are not used to being left, but they gave me no problems to be left and the staff were amazing!! This past cruise when we had a 1 & 2 year old we scheduled late seating dinner, ordered room service for the kids while we got ready for dinner, and then dropped them in the nursery & were able to have peaceful dinners each evening just the two of us. It was heaven! We also used the nursery to go on snorkeling excursions. It was our best vacation. Who would think I would say that about a vacation with a 1 & 2 year old with us?!

We cruised with our DS when he just turned 1 and then again when our DS was 2 & DD was 1. Definitely use the nursery!! They are amazing and it's so nice to get some adult only time at Palo, the adult only pool, spa, excursions, etc. I'm a stay-at-home mom so my kids are not used to being left, but they gave me no problems to be left and the staff were amazing!! This past cruise when we had a 1 & 2 year old we scheduled late seating dinner, ordered room service for the kids while we got ready for dinner, and then dropped them in the nursery & were able to have peaceful dinners each evening just the two of us. It was heaven! We also used the nursery to go on snorkeling excursions. It was our best vacation. Who would think I would say that about a vacation with a 1 & 2 year old with us?!

I love your idea about using th nursery at meal times!! I'm also planning to stay at home so I definitely want to utilize the nursery on the cruise to steal an hour or two with my husband and also to get our little one used to being away from us for short periods of time in case he ever needs to be babysat. I figure the nursery with all its distractions will be a good place to start that- plus I've heard such amazing things!!!

8 months. Flying was a breeze.
In the parks my daughter was super easy to handle and carry around
plus side- they dont need too much food and soveniers.
Negative side- diapers!!!

I love your idea about using th nursery at meal times!! I'm also planning to stay at home so I definitely want to utilize the nursery on the cruise to steal an hour or two with my husband and also to get our little one used to being away from us for short periods of time in case he ever needs to be babysat. I figure the nursery with all its distractions will be a good place to start that- plus I've heard such amazing things!!!

Yes! Definitely do it!! Eating with even the best behaved kids is NOT fun because you're tense the whole time waiting for Armageddon that may or may not even ever come. Book the nursery as soon as your online booking window opens cause it does fill up, especially in the evening hours. We did 8-11pm each evening so we could have dinner and enjoy some of the adult only activities. My husband isn't big on the shows and we've already seen them all, so we didn't mind missing them this trip, otherwise I probably would have shifted the hours to earlier so we could see the shows without the babies before dinner and then enjoy dinner just the two of us. The staff is so great, they'll feed them, put them into PJs and even put them to bed in the cribs they have. My kids loved being in there. And it was only a handful of the same staff so you got to know them quick & they knew the kids real well. We also used them to go to the spa, excursions, & Palo. The key to the nursery is planning ahead. Once you're on board you can look at the whole week's activities schedule via the app to get an idea of when you would want childcare. Some of the nights, the adult only entertainment wasn't anything special so those nights I'd pick them up right after dinner and put them to bed. I felt zero guilt about leaving them, especially since I'm home with them ALL THE TIME. Utilizing the nursery the way we did made it the most relaxed & memorable vacation since we were ALL well rested and relaxed during our time together and we all got to do the things we love. For my husband & I, eating in peace, massages, nightlife, and snorkeling. For the kids, lots of playtime with lots of TOYS, crafts, story time, NAPS, and quality time with rested, relaxed, happy parents. ;) It's the best way to vacation with little ones, IMO.

And by the way, congrats!!!

I was part of an extended family trip where the youngest was a little under 3 months old. The 5 year old was much more of a handful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter