Disney with allergies...Trip Report!!!

Woodcourt

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! We had a wonderful trip, even got stuck for an extra day because of weather in Dallas. I plan to post an entire trip report, but wanted to make a special note for all who have concerns about food allergies!

We felt that Disney was very accommodating and professional when it came to meeting the food needs that we have. My children are allergic to eggs, nuts and shellfish. Even though they can eat a lot, that leaves a lot that they can not as well. We were impressed with just about every place we went.

We met with a chef at each restaurant...except Coral Reef which was just a bad experience all together.

We were able to find something to eat everywhere. We ate at
CRT
Hollywood & Vine
Crystal Palace
Le Cellier
Wolfgang Puck
Coral Reef (wont go back..terrible service, AWFUL Manager)
Chef Mickey's
Kona (my new favorite)
Princess Storybook
Liberty Tree Tavern

Chef Mickey's, Princess Storybook and Crystal Palace. The Chef made special pancakes and waffles without eggs for all of my kids. At Crystal Palace, they he made a special brownie dessert thing and it was breakfast. He got DH vote for best Chef!

At the buffets, the chef walked either me or DH through the entire line and told us what they can and can not have to eat. We really appreciate that because there were some items, we would have thought were safe.

Just about everywhere, we could substiute items to fit their needs at no extra cost or without an troubles.

As far as counter services go. We at a lot of random meals. We ate a lot at Caseys cause the kids like hot dogs. We liked the Pinocchio place in Fantasyland. One of my new favorite counter service. The only place we couldnt get anything for the kids was Fish& Chips in England. Other than that, they could eat anywhere. That was yummy by the way!

So, no need to worry about food allergies. Just make sure you let reservations know and remind them when you check in and they will send a Chef to your table to take care of you!

:wizard:

Like I mentioned, the only place we had trouble with was Coral Reef and it was just bad all together. Other than that. Food was great! Everyone had fun and we are ready to go back next year!

Thank you for the report! We will be leaving soon and the issue of our DD's allergies are of concern, even though I know they are very good with this. Your report just reinforces what Disney says they do for their guests. Great!
I'm glad it went well for you!

Having the food allergies I do I am always impressed by how kind & professional Disney Chef's are when it comes to food allergies. I always feel at ease after we chat and over the years know some of them by name. They are truly terrific CMs!

Thanks for the reviews. We're going in June and 2 of my kids have allergies, so it's comforting to know things were handled well. My daughter really wants to go to Coral Reef, but now I'm getting concerned. If you don't mind sharing, what went wrong there? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter