Disney Visa-Anybody else have this happen?

tlprice

DIS Veteran
So, I paid my final payment for my Greece cruise (knowing it would probably get cancelled, but I wanted the 125% so I can hopefully book for 2022). I put it on my Disney Visa, but when I received my statement, I was not given the 6 months 0% financing. I called Chase, and they said that they don't code it, Disney must have coded it wrong so I'd have to call Disney. I called Disney and they said that there isn't any "coding", that I would have to escalate things with Chase. I called Chase again, the agent I spoke to didn't even seem to have a clue that this promotion exists so I had to find it for them on the website. They said that once the charge is in, they can't change it, that I'd have to have Disney do it. So, next call to Disney I asked directly for their billing department. Of course they are only open 9-5 Eastern time. So, after being on hold forever and getting the run around over and over, I still don't have an answer to why this happened. (I have booked at least 10 cruises and many WDW vacations using my Disney Visa over the years and never have had an issue).

I've never had this happen, but I always use a travel agent who does the booking for me. Did you show them the website?
https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/
Though this isn't technically a Chase website, I think I would continue pushing this through the Chase side, trying to escalate the issue to supervisors and don't take "you need to contact Disney" as an answer. Not sure if you could try to dispute the charge, as well.

Oh my. Many of us on the DVC MC for this year also hadn’t received the Six Months interest free billing, and there are still issues regarding the error.

I had filled our no fewer than 6 Chase forms, explaining the problem, Terry Schultz had a DVC person working on it. Our account is fine now, but there are some who have gotten interest fees back who had not paid interest. So the saga continues.

I do think it will be cleared up eventually. However, we booked last June and there are members whose accounts are not correct yet.

Not with a cruise, but I didn't receive the 2% for my annual pass renewal. Definitely frustrating because we shouldn't have to check or verify with Chase.

We experienced the same issue with Chase. We put down a deposit last month for a May 2022 cruise and when we received our statement the 0% APR for the deposit was not registered. We contacted Chase on 2/18 and they noted the issue in our account. I just called about this and was advised that this is a known issue and that it is being worked on but that they currently do not have an update as to when it will be resolved.

Thanks everyone for your responses. It is good to know I'm not the only one. It is still annoying though. I didn't have a chance to call today, so I don't know anymore at this point. It's not like I don't have the money to pay for it, it is the principal of it. It is why I used my Disney Visa. There aren't really that many benefits to having the Disney Visa and if this perk goes away, there isn't much point in having it at all.

Not with a cruise, but I didn't receive the 2% for my annual pass renewal. Definitely frustrating because we shouldn't have to check or verify with Chase.
I guess I will have to monitor this. Better check points for DVC dues Also.

I just noticed this also for my DVC dues. I wasn’t planning On Using this for my dues but I often use it for cruises to pay down a little at a time. I agree that it’s a big benefit having the card and would definitely make me reconsider having the card if they take it away.
So we know if this is across the board or just happening to some people and not others?

Yes, we had exactly this happen, with nearly the same frustrating sequence of phone calls. The first Chase customer service rep told me (very flippantly) that I needed to call DCL back, cancel the cruise (yes, she really said that), and rebook so that the charge would go through again and insisted it had something to do with the fare being split into two pieces, the deposit and the balance. (And of course, that wasn't even going to help, since the statement was already out and that amount was already due--any new transactions, including a refund, were only going to show up on the next statement.) I did call DCL, and they told me there was nothing they could do. I am about to just give in and pay the balance to avoid the interest (I'm glad we can do that.). I've been through two rounds of "research" with the Chase people, and the only result both times has been a completely generic letter that says the charges don't qualify for the promotional rate. The most detail I could get on the phone with Chase is that there are three numbers on the charge that have to match, and that one of them doesn't. They can't tell me what changed, or whether other charges will qualify in the future. We are likely to dump the card over this--for us, it's not worth the annual fee without the promotional APR, because the rewards are similar in amount to what we can get with our fee-free cards. The deposits we've put down on cruises in the last year (and there have been several) all worked fine and qualified the way we expected them to, and our cruise fares in the past have always just worked.

So, I paid my final payment for my Greece cruise (knowing it would probably get cancelled, but I wanted the 125% so I can hopefully book for 2022). I put it on my Disney Visa, but when I received my statement, I was not given the 6 months 0% financing. I called Chase, and they said that they don't code it, Disney must have coded it wrong so I'd have to call Disney. I called Disney and they said that there isn't any "coding", that I would have to escalate things with Chase. I called Chase again, the agent I spoke to didn't even seem to have a clue that this promotion exists so I had to find it for them on the website. They said that once the charge is in, they can't change it, that I'd have to have Disney do it. So, next call to Disney I asked directly for their billing department. Of course they are only open 9-5 Eastern time. So, after being on hold forever and getting the run around over and over, I still don't have an answer to why this happened. (I have booked at least 10 cruises and many WDW vacations using my Disney Visa over the years and never have had an issue).

Had same problem with Disney World trip, chase said no more 6 months interest free. We paid off trip and cancelled our card with chase
Wow. Was this announced? I agree I probably won’t use this card again if that’s the case. Not that I used it that much bit it just doesn’t give us a good value compared to say SWA card

Wow. Was this announced? I agree I probably won’t use this card again if that’s the case. Not that I used it that much bit it just doesn’t give us a good value compared to say SWA card
The Chase customer service rep I spoke with this afternoon actually pulled up the website and read it with me. It very definitely still indicates that there should be a 0% promotional APR for six months on Disney vacation packages (with a specific list, including Disney cruises). She was trying to I somehow booked "wrong" at first, but we booked the same way we always have before.

Same experience when booking the DVC Member cruise back in August 2020. Back and forth with Chase about whether the cruise qualified for the promotional 0% APR. Finally last week, I received a letter from Chase. Basically says I didn't receive the promotional APR financing and as a result may have been charged interest incorrectly. Last paragraph "We apologize for the inconvenience and have issued a statement credit for the amount. We also removed any interest that may have been charged incorrectly." A frustrating experience with Chase.

This was the first time I'd had a problem with Chase. Not good to hear that they haven't resolved this known issue.

I haven’t gotten my statement yet but starting to worry about Disney Visa Card and the Rewards program And interst free selection...
We need to keep this issue current for everybody that has the Disney Visa Card. The rewards add up slowly but still helpful every year to payDVC maintenance fees . No more interest free or rewards is a problem .

Just looked at my March 2021 statement online and see my deposit listed listed under “Qualified Promotional Financing” with a 6 month expiration date listed.

Just looked at my March 2021 statement online and see my deposit listed listed under “Qualified Promotional Financing” with a 6 month expiration date listed.
What Disney product did you buy? My DVC dues did not roll to the promotional financing. My statement was end of February. I’ve been a Disney Visa card for 15 years and never had this happen. I don’t need to pay the dues over time but should I get in touch with chase anyways to note the problem?

I have always seen Disney Cruise payments, including deposits, final payments, and additional payments (such as adding bus transportation) showing as eligible for the 6-months-no-interest offer. It sounds like there was a recent glitch in the system that caused some purchases to be coded incorrectly. I have not heard anything about this offer being removed or changed.

On the other hand, I have been paying my DVC dues with my Chase Disney Visa for several years and have never seen the dues considered eligible for the 6-months-no-interest offer. I wouldn't expect them to be, since they are not part of a "vacation package."

....paying DVC dues have always been eligible for reward dollars in past years ...just checked my March statement and reward dollars per phone and I am not seeing reward dollars accruing for purchases... Paid DVC dues $2400 and dentist $1700... in January & Feb 2021.
My rewards balance at end of year was $40.68 and today = $53.07

Has anybody else discovered discrepancy with Disney Dollars ?
I have never thought to double check but this conversation has alerted me ... I’m not calling since it is weekend but adding to my Monday list.
I would not be surprised that Disney has found small print to eliminate free financing and reward dollars . What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!