Disney...Take me AWAY. (With LOTS of Pics) **Now Complete**

You won’t believe this, but Day One STILL Continues:

I just can’t help myself, I guess. That first day was EXTRA magical. There is something about arriving at Disney World on that first day, at least for me. I’m just happy ALL over. But the real reason I’m going to add an addendum to Day One is because I forgot a VERY important part of that night…MAELSTROM!

Now, a few of you have been following the whole Maelstrom thing. And as a tribute to my Maelstrom buddies, I made a sign for my fanny pack. It read “Maelstrom….Is a FASTPASS?!” I proudly taped that sign to my fanny pack and was wearing it all around WDW on our first day. TEEBEE wasn’t very amused. Oh. And he flat out REFUSED to wear the fanny pack as long as that sign was on it. And as payback for having to be seen so close to the offending sign, he refused to wear the fanny pack the rest of the trip…even after I lost my sign. (It's a good thing he didn't pull a Zzub because I wouldn't have let him use my fanny pack!--MAELSTROM!)

You’ve seen this picture, but it’s the only one that shows any part of the Mealstrom sign. (I’m sure TEEBEE did that on purpose—he’s probably upset that THAT much of the sign made it into any photo).

mgm7ci.jpg

So after we left Mouse Gear, we knew that Illuminations was about to start but I HAD to ride Maelstrom…in honor of my new DIS friends. So we trek on over to Norway. The stand-by line said 20 minutes. TEEBEE grunted. I, however, trudged forward. I would NOT be daunted. The actual wait was more like five minutes, though.

As we approached the CM at the front of the line, he looked down at my sign and had the strangest face….but said nothing. We boarded the ride. And….I really liked it. Yep. You read that correctly. I LIKED it. Still not sure why it’d be a Fastpass, but it was pretty cute…in a trollish kind of way.

MAELSTROM, I say.

But sadly, by the time we got back to the resort, the “Maelstrom” part of my sign was gone. Never to be seen again. At least not by me.

Day Two, May 12, 2006

That indistinguishable Disney character voice was on the phone again. Was that supposed to be Stitch? But I could swear I heard a Mickey laugh in there somewhere. Was Stitch assaulting Mickey? And if so, did Mickey’s laugh mean that Mickey liked it?

I figured it was time to get up and head on over to Magic Kingdom so I could ask Mickey about that.

The plan was to get to Magic Kingdom BEFORE the gates opened:

Me: TEEEEEEEBEEEEEEE. Time to get uuuuuuuppppppp.

TEEBEE: GRUNT!

Me: Up, Mister!

TEEBEE: GRUNT!

Me: (as I throw open the curtains…heh, heh) Oh, LOOK! The sun’s up.

TEEBEE: WOMAN!

Me: Hee hee hee

As Mr. Grumpy-Pants goes and showers, I finish getting ready and go outside and take in the view from our balcony. It’s really hard to beat that view. All of the sudden I hear:

TEEBEE: You better feed me!

Me: Well, let’s go Mister. I know of an EXCELLENT little bakery right down there (pointing to Boardwalk Bakery from our balcony).

So Grumpy (TEEBEE) and I head over to the Boardwalk Bakery. He likes sweets in the morning. Me....not so much. I’m not big on breakfast and I’m not big on sweets, so putting them BOTH together in the mornings is disturbing to me. But this is about TEEBEE. So we enter. Using his snack credit, he gets a cherry turnover. I get us some water. And off we go to the bus stop.

TEEBEE: Where are you going?

Me: Where are YOU going?

TEEBEE: I’m going over to that table [right outside the bakery along the lake front] to eat.

Me: If you wanted to sit down and eat breakfast you should have gotten up sooner. It’s not on my itinerary. Now let’s move it along. They have benches at the bus stop.

TEEBEE: GRUNT!!

But once he had some food in his belly, all was well:

breakfastatthebusstop11ts.jpg

And he had plenty of time to finish it before the bus arrived. We had just missed one bus and it took about 20 minutes for the next one to arrive (which wasn’t too bad). I did, however, look at TEEBEE and say:

Me: See. I TOLD you we had time for you to sit down and eat that at the table.

TEEBEE: GLARE!

Me: Heh, heh.

We made it to Magic Kingdom in plenty of time to catch the opening ceremony. The first experience I have with watching the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom was back in February of this year when I took Princess J with me for a mother-daughter-get-a-way. The ceremony actually made me tear up (as in crying, not ripping). I became all sappy. I blamed it on being a mom and being there with my precious little 2.5-year-old. Otherwise, I would have been a toughie with no tears.

WRONG! I teared up again as TEEBEE and I watched it. He rolled his eyes at me…which is standard if I get tears in my eyes over something sappy. Here are some pictures...of the opening, not my tears...:

mkopening49ps.jpg

mkopening33ni.jpg

mkopening22cc.jpg

mkopening13px.jpg

It’s such a neat experience…at least until they drop the rope and let everyone inside. And then it’s like running with the bulls in Spain, but instead of dodging horns on a bull you’re dodging strollers and crazed teenagers trying to get to THE rides. My advice, either run or GET OUT OF THE WAY. This will satisfy most everyone, except the CMs….they frown at the runners.

Up Next: Our MK adventures and some more revealing clothing—but in a Disney way.

i'm just on this kick this month - bear with me. i'm probably the only one who thinks it's funny. :lmao: you know i have never ridden maelstrom or seen the opening ceremony :welcome: that i can remember, can't wait to do both this time. wait something's coming back to me now - is this the boat think in the netherlands or something? anyway, i'm loving it. keep it coming.

First off J and R's Mom, you are way too young and thin to be the mother of those to princesses! princess: princess:

Second, this is a great TR! :thumbsup2 I'm lovin' it like McDonalds.

:moped: :moped: just for you!

Btw, I have never been to the rope drop at MK but I have been on Maelstrom, why didn't you fastpass it?! :rotfl:

:rolleyes1

OH MY EYES!!! SOMEONE PLUCK OUT MY EYES!
I can't believe I had to see THAT again!!!!!!!!
Just when I healed from my last exposure to the horror of that picture, HERE IT COMES AGAIN! Good night! It's like Mad Tea Cups. Only grosser. I'm gonna spew! Again.

We had only planned on having one child. But I touched TEEBEE’s foot one night and Princess R was on her way.
This must be the new biology they're teaching. I always thought babies came from a different place.

I HAD to ride Maelstrom…in honor of my new DIS friends. So we trek on over to Norway. The stand-by line said 20 minutes. TEEBEE grunted. I, however, trudged forward. I would NOT be daunted. The actual wait was more like five minutes, though.
To better honor us, you could NOT ride that joke of an attraction and merely spit in its direction. That's what I plan to do. By they way, it's ALWAYS a 5 minute wait. The 20 minute sign is a pump fake. They put it up to make people think it's cool to ride Maelstrom.

And….I really liked it.
And now you're on ignore. Nerd.

Other than your willigness to subject yourself to the crappiest ride in the crappiest park (sorry, LaLa) and your need to subject us to the second scarriest picture in the known world, this is a fun read.

:moped:

J&RsMOM said:
As we approached the CM at the front of the line, he looked down at my sign and had the strangest face….but said nothing. We boarded the ride. And….I really liked it. Yep. You read that correctly. I LIKED it. Still not sure why it’d be a Fastpass, but it was pretty cute…in a trollish kind of way.

MAELSTROM, I say.

Most definitely IS a fastpass. You know it.

I am ROLLING. On the floor. At the plucking out of the eyes comment. Above me. No silent shaking today. Good thing I'm at home. Or else my boss would think I need to be committed. Again.

Post it again, J&R's MOM. The one from Mouse Gear. Somewhere down the line just sneak it in. Where someone least expects it. For La2.

J&RsMOM said:
Well...try this one out...Women who feel the NEED to WEAR make-up DURING child birth...

J&R'sMOM said:
We had only planned on having one child. But I touched TEEBEE’s foot one night and Princess R was on her way.
ZZUB said:
This must be the new biology they're teaching. I always thought babies came from a different place.

Just in case there's any question, why don't you try asking the women wearing the makeup. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to tell you where babies come from. Right after they tell you where to go. Cause you're a member of the male species. We think.

J&R'sMOM, I love your trip report. I love Epicot. I love Maelstrom. I love Coke too. BTW. And I just like Pepsi. These days.

Keep it comin Woman. I love all the pictures. They really make me wanna be there NOW. Is it September yet?

La2

But sadly, by the time we got back to the resort, the “Maelstrom” part of my sign was gone. Never to be seen again. At least not by me.

Methinks Teebee very slightly may have had something to do with that. Just sayin'. :teeth:

enjoying your reports. dont have anything witty or cute to add. but I don't have you on ignore.

thanks for sharing

Oh my Lord -- You are soo funny, Love your report so far..
your girls, the puppy and your wedding photos --- BEAUTIFUL !!! hubby is a handsome devil.. you are a Lucky Lady!!! Michelle

(I took my first solo last Sept/Oct and had such a wonderful time but I surely did miss my 2 darlings - DD is 12 and DS is 9 but with that said - I just booked my second solo trip for the same time this year!! LOL )

ponkeo said:
...eggroll carts (not ones on menus)
LOL. Sorry. Hmmm... eggroll carts. I, for one, have not had the pleasure of running across one of these yet. Maybe someone will come along and enlighten us both.

ponkeo said:
...i have never ridden maelstrom....is this the boat thing in the netherlands or something?....!
Close. It's in Norway and, yes, it's the one with the boat. And a FASTPASS!

Jennifer48 said:
First off J and R's Mom, you are way too young and thin to be the mother of those to princesses!
:blush: Now that's just too sweet. Just wait until I get to the part (assuming that I do) about the CM serving me a margarita over at the Cantina. He had a comment about my age that just about sent me over the counter! Let's just say it's a good thing that was my FIRST margarita of the night I was ordering and not my second. (There's no fear of me ever consuming a third margarita...I'll have passed out at the end of the second).

Now if only I was on my second margarita when I saw that blue undergarment for the first time. My inhabitions would have been lowered enough to quote the following to that young lady:
ZZUB said:
OH MY EYES!!! SOMEONE PLUCK OUT MY EYES!

ZZUB said:
...This must be the new biology they're teaching. I always thought babies came from a different place.
Let me guess. You still think that the stork brings the babies. It's ALL ABOUT the FOOT, now ZZUB. All about the foot.

ZZUB said:
...And now you're on ignore. Nerd.
That was one of my objectives in writing this report, you know. :moped:

LaLa said:
...Post it again, J&R's MOM. The one from Mouse Gear. Somewhere down the line just sneak it in. Where someone least expects it. For La2....
I just might have to do that...

sheridac said:
Methinks Teebee very slightly may have had something to do with that. Just sayin'. :teeth:
Yeah...I'm thinking you just might be right.

kathymc said:
...but I don't have you on ignore...
And I thank you for that!

bigsis1970 said:
Oh my Lord -- You are soo funny, Love your report so far..
your girls, the puppy and your wedding photos --- BEAUTIFUL !!! hubby is a handsome devil.. you are a Lucky Lady!!!
:blush: Thank you.

And thanks to you, too, tadamom. (Cool name, by the way!)

Day Two Continues:

AAAHHHHHH. Main Street. The Castle. All is right with the world. Except for one MAJOR thing. I was missing my girls. ALOT! So was TEEBEE. So I decided to make my first call home for the day. Except that it was too early back home. They’re not on Disney time back there. So we headed to Space Mountain. Have any of you ever heard of this ride? Anyone ever ridden it before? Evidently it’s pretty popular….judging by the swarming heard that was rushing that way.

But I knew a shortcut. HaHa! CRAP! Another rope-holder was in my way. Why was he standing there ruining my shortcut with that rope? He liked the feel of POWER, I just knew it. Now all the other folks were catching up and being pinned in by their rope lover too. DARN THEIR HIDES!

Finally, after wheeling enough power over the masses, the Rope-holders released their ropes and the stampede commenced. To Space Mountain.

I knew a secret about Space Mountain, too. It had TWO loading platforms. Not just the one to the right. Most folks will just follow the person in front of them and moooooove on to the loading platform to the right. So I typically opt for the left. Except the CMs have conspired to ruin my plans AGAIN! The left was closed. So we moooooved on with the other cattle to the right. And about TWO minutes later, they opened up the left side. GRRRRRR! and a GRUNT for good measure! But we didn’t have to wait too long for our turn. And I scored the front seat! Being in the front seat of Space Mountain just gives it that extra umph. I LOVE this ride! And so does TEEBEE. But one of his favorite parts of the ride was missing this time…at least we didn’t hear it. It’s the part on the people mover AFTER the ride that says, “Innnn the Future…” Bummer. We felt just a tad cheated, I must say.

Now, I’ve heard rumors about Dole Whips. Having never tried them before, I decided this would be a good opportunity to indulge. So off to Adventureland we went. And look what I saw:

jasminealadin7bu.jpg

I don’t know the man there with his daughter. I just wanted a picture of Jasmine and Aladdin…without having to stand in line for one-on-one time. Plus, there’s no sense in letting TEEBEE get too close. I wouldn’t want him to sprain anything. And I was on a mission. Dole Whips—for those that may have forgotten after seeing the above photo.

I found something that looked like a refreshment center and asked the CM:

Me: Do you sell Dole Whips here?

CM: Huh?

Me: Dole Whips. Do you sell them here?

CM: What are those?

Me: I’m not entirely sure myself, but I read something about pineapple and ice cream.

CM: Oh. I’m not sure where you get those.

Well, that was helpful. So we stroll around Adventureland some more and I find another refreshment center. And people are walking away with ice cream concoctions. Surely this was it. But the menu confused me. I did, however, spot Dole Whips on it so I ordered one. I took my first bite …... and ….. and …. and …. I wasn’t a big fan. I know this will offend many folks. But Dole Whips aren’t for me. Neither was Bob Dole…, but I don’t think the two are related.

Up Next: Ghosts and Steamboat TEEBEE…and a Fire Station

Being in the front seat of Space Mountain just gives it that extra umph.
I couldn't agree more. Space Mountain is more of a nostalgic thrill than an actual thrill anymore. I drive faster in my driveway. But it reminds me of being young and thinking Space Mountain was really cool. So we have to do it. About the only way I enjoy Space Mountain now is if I'm in front or my whole family is on board and we're shouting random lines from movies. Napoloeon Dynamite and Airplane! add to virtually anything.

I've never had a Dole Whip. Never seen a Dole Whip. Have no desire to taste a Dole Whip if only because everyone on these boards SCREAMS about how good they are. Also, like you, thought Bob Dole should be horsewhipped.

Why does he do those commercials? Does anyone need that image?

I don't know what was funnier for me. Your power struggle with the little rope power puffs or this:

I know this will offend many folks. But Dole Whips aren’t for me. Neither was Bob Dole…, but I don’t think the two are related.

I did, however, spot Dole Whips on it so I ordered one. I took my first bite …... and ….. and …. and …. I wasn’t a big fan.

Don't tell me that.

See, I'm all hyped up about a Dole Whip for our next trip. Now you're telling me it won't live up to my expectations. That's what you're basically saying. Oh well. At least there's always Space Mountain. And Mickey bars. And Epicot. I can live with that.

They do have Coke products there, right? Cause if I got stuck with a bad Dole Whip and had to wash it down with something lame like a Pepsi One, that would put me in a mood.

Loved the latest. Little short. But good anyway.

We love Space Mountain too. And DH loves Jasmine. I actually have proof. It's on the videotape that we took at Akershus. You can hear him and his friend ogling her like a couple of pimply high school kids at the prom. Men.

Anyway, keep it coming. Hey, don't forget about...you know. From earlier. For Z. Just keep it on the down low.

La2

Last edited by LaLa : Today at 02:29 PM. Reason: Hey Z. Thanks for that from earlier. You know what. And don't listen to Sher. You rock.

La~ Whatever are you talking about?? Are you high?? JR does ROCK. And so does her TR. This installment was a little lean is all. :teeth:

ZZUB said:
Also, like you, thought Bob Dole should be horsewhipped....Why does he do those commercials? Does anyone need that image?...

Thanks for that...now I need to go find my Maelstrom fanny pack... :crazy2:

sheridac said:
I don't know what was funnier for me. Your power struggle with the little rope power puffs or this:
J and R's Mom said:
I know this will offend many folks. But Dole Whips aren’t for me. Neither was Bob Dole…, but I don’t think the two are related.
Well, I vote for the dole whip being slightly funnier since the RopeNazis foiled my plans. :furious: DARN THEIR HIDES!

LaLa said:
Don't tell me that.

See, I'm all hyped up about a Dole Whip for our next trip. Now you're telling me it won't live up to my expectations. That's what you're basically saying.
Let's see. MILLIONS of DISers LOVE Dole Whips. J and R's Mom doesn't. Hmmmm.... I think you're safe. If not, they have trash cans nearby. :smooth: :duck:

LaLa said:
....Hey, don't forget about...you know. From earlier. For Z. Just keep it on the down low....La2
You might need to go re-read post #25.

Thanks to all for staying with me. I know I made the last post rather short. The next one is slightly longer...but really doesn't make it anywhere either. Oh well. At least this trip was only FOUR days long.

Sorry I'm a little late to this party...been busy...on vacation...to the Amish country...yada, yada, yada...nice little trippie ya got going here...I missed the thong, but I remember it from before...ya know...over there...and NO I did NOT think it was you...as if...no maelstrommer would be caught DED in anything like that with a camera around to capture it...I just love these little guys...

...:thumbsup2

Boy, that last installment was short. I’m wondering if this one will be any longer. I guess it just depends on how long the Princesses J and R nap. Onward, then.

Day Two Continues:

With half of a Dole Whip now safely stored in the nearest trash can, we took a gander at my typed-out, pocket-sized itinerary. Since we’ve been to the World a few times, we really don’t have too much on our TO-DO list for this quick trip. And notice the absence of times. My itineraries typically have a time-range listed next to the attractions but for this trip, it really wasn't necessary. This itinerary was more of a "guide" or "reminder" than a "MUST DO" mandate.

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Buzz (maybe)
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Haunted Mansion
Mickey’s Philharmagic
(before 11:30am or during parades)
TTA
Carousel of Progress

Maybes:
Country Bear Jamboree
Diamond Horseshoe Review

To Eat At:
Pecos Bill
Cosmic Ray
Dole Whip (Adv Land)
El Pirata y El Peric (Adv Land)

TEEBEE: Well, what’s next…since that Dole Whip thing didn’t work out…

Me: I’m not sure. Let me check. Hmmmm….Let’s try Mickey’s Philharmagic.

TEEBEE: I knew you wouldn’t pick my ride.

Let me add here that TEEBEE’s favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion. (That should delight a certain little ghost I know—unless she doesn’t like to share). I think he likes this ride because he views it as a personal challenge to race into his doom buggy BEFORE he reaches the end of that darned people mover. I often times wonder what happens to the folks that can’t get into their doom buggy on time…but I’ll leave that pondering for a little later. For now, we’re headed off to Mickey’s Philharmagic.

Now, TEEBEE and I have never seen this attraction. I’ll pause here and wait for everyone to pick their jaws up off the floor. Okay. Let’s proceed……

Before having kids, TEEBEE and I didn’t spend too much time in Fantasyland (although I think “Fantasyland” is where people WITHOUT kids truly live in the real world, but anyway…). We had other rides to tend to and most things in Fantasyland go in circles and make TEEBEE ill or sing repetitive songs over-and-over and make us BOTH ill… and homicidal. But I’ve heard WONDERFUL things about this attraction and wanted to give it a try. I also wanted to test it out before attempting to take my girls on it later this year.

I’m not sure if most of you realize this or not, but there are TONs of little kids at WDW. And for some reason, EVERY child that was around 3 yrs old or 18 months old began reminding me of my little ones. Sometimes it worked in our advantage, as evidenced by this one-sided conversation we overhead in line at Mickey’s Philharmagic:

Stressed-Out-Mom: Honey, get off of the railing….Now we’re not supposed to climb on that, honey, it makes Mickey mad…Get down….because,mommy said…I mean it, GET DOWN!!!!

Advantage—TEEBEE and MOMMA. Because WE weren’t having to have these conversations…well, unless I drank too many margaritas, that is.

But just as soon as we’d smile and gloat to each other that WE weren’t having to corral our kids, a parent around us would have sappy moment with their kids:

Sappy-Rub-It-In-Your-Face-I’m-Here-With-My-Kids-Mom: When we’re finished with this show, it’ll almost be time to go eat lunch with the Princesses. Are you excited about that?

Sappy-Mom’s-Precious-Kid—Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. OOHHH, will I finally get to meet Cinderella? You said she’d be there. Do you have my autograph book?

But THANKFULLY, the doors opened and we all entered the theater before I got all teary-eyed again..which would lead to TEEBEE rolling his eyes at me…yet again.

I have a question for you. Would you consider Donald Duck one of the unluckiest ducks you’ve ever seen? And how does he manage to STILL have any friends left? I would have stuffed him long ago--if I were Mickey. That’s another thing I plan on asking Mickey when I see him again.

But I DID benefit from Donald Duck's latest misfortunes in Mickey’s Philharmagic. What an awesome little adventure that was. Except that all of those food smells made TEEBEE and I REALLY hungry. It was nearing lunchtime, you know. As we left the theater, we both decided that Princess R wouldn’t much care for that show. Not yet, anyway. And we’re still not sure about Princess J. At this point she’d probably spend most of her time taking the glasses off and then putting them back on….over-and-over again.

Up Next: Who the heck knows. I’m entirely too long-winded to actually make it to the good stuff. So, as an apology, I’ll post some pictures from our November 2005 trip (since I don’t really have any pictures of this brief hour of the trip I just wrote about).

Here's a picture of the castle...and that's my WONDERFUL mother in the orange (SHE shares--and started--my Disney obesssion):

disney0825ay.jpg

And since I did manage to MENTION Cinderella in this post, here's a shot of her during HER wedding...that she repeats several times a day...every day...

disney0886gp.jpg

Until next time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter