Disney studios face painting

mickeymouseman89 said:
Thanks, i'll remember that for the future. Does anybody know if a member of your family can take photos/videos while you're getting your face painted?

We took videos and pictures whilst our daughter had her princess makeover in the DLH so I don't see why not, would depend on how the person doing it would feel I guess so best asking.

Thanks. As you say it depends on how the person doing the face painting feels. I guess they don't want to be distracted by accidental camera flashes. I'm hoping they'll be alright with a video camera, but it's best to ask the painter first.

kate1469_zpsaa1461c2.jpg.html

Hmmm, trying to upload a couple of pics but it doesn't seem to be working! I've done as you said Elaine and uploaded to Photobucket but it won't upload properly on here?

I'm using the "insert photo" tab on the post reply box and copy and pasting the URL, is that right?

I'm such a dunce!

:confused3

I found an article online about the face painting in the studios.It wad written in french, but it said that each face can take between 5 and 10 minutes. Do some designs really take more than 5 minutes to do? Also does anybody know how waterproof the paint is? Just in case it decides to rain mid March.

I found an article online about the face painting in the studios.It wad written in french, but it said that each face can take between 5 and 10 minutes. Do some designs really take more than 5 minutes to do? Also does anybody know how waterproof the paint is? Just in case it decides to rain mid March.

Yes some can, it obviously depends on what you are having done, I'll show you some examples that my children have had done. The Halloween ones each took 10-15 mins they took their time doing them and added a lot of detail, the Princess one took longer simply because it was bigger and my daughter also had a small amount of 'usual' make up done too (ie eye shadow, liptstick etc).
They both stayed on all day, only got a tiny bit smudged but it didn't rain whilst we were there on both of these occasions. The fact they took ages to get off at night I would presume a bit of rain would be ok.

90fdd27c-5518-49b3-9010-e052da09aa35_zpsa61ac1bd.jpg
98a563f3-385c-47be-a150-111e83e569e0_zps5bfe72f6.jpg

c0b296ff-2062-4107-917d-fde68557995a_zps45c51137.jpg

Thanks, 10 to 15 mins is quite a long time, but as you said they are very detailed. If the paint takes a long time to get off then it should be slightly rainproof. I can't imagine how detailed the other full face designs are. I'm guessing the face painters are more like artists who are proud of the stuff they do.At least i know i'm gonna get my moneys worth when i go.

Hi can sometime tell me exactly where they do the face painting as I don't recall seeing it in March. And it's something my 2 would like. Thanks

I'm guessing they do it in march, others have said they were doing it in november and december (i think). If they are doing it, it's situated on the left hand side of studio 1(main entrance) as you go in. If anyone can help both of us out and confirm that they do it in march, that'd be great.Thanks.

kel0709: I have managed to find the email address for dlp guest services and have asked them if any of the face painting stations are open mid march. I will let you know if they are open or not once i get a reply back from them.Might be a while because i don't know how busy they are.

Does anybody on here know whether or not the studios face painting is open at this time of year? Would be very thankful, saves me from waiting for ages to get a reply back from guest services.Cheers.

I thought the one in WDS was there all the time it seems to be every visit we've been but things change all the time so I'm sure they'll email back soon.

Thankyou MummyMinnie. I'd assume it was open all year round since it's indoors.If people have had it done in november and december then it should be open in March. Someone on tripadvisor said they did it january this year and someone else said it was permanent. kel0709: I know when i've been before in june/july it's not open all day. Maybe when you went in march they did have it running, but you went at the wrong time or you couldn't spot it.

I just got an email back from guest services. They said that make-up artists can be found at the 'legend of hollywood shop' in studio 1 at disney studios. And the 'sir mickey shop' in fantasyland. They said it is subject to availability, probably meaning they can only do a certain amount a day. More importantly they said that the face painting in the studios in OPEN ALL YEAR LONG but in the main park it is CLOSED IN THE WINTER period. This means that the face painting in studios will be open in March.

I was wondering if anybody has had this done recently or some time ago in the studios or fantasyland? And which are the best designs for males & females?

My son who is 10 would love to get this done(and even maybe my husband). Does anybody have any piccies of the boys designs? I would love to surprise my son while we are there and I would like to see some of the designs they have on offer before we go.Thankyou. :)

My son who is 10 would love to get this done(and even maybe my husband). Does anybody have any piccies of the boys designs? I would love to surprise my son while we are there and I would like to see some of the designs they have on offer before we go.Thankyou. :)

I tried uploading a pic of my DD as she had a boys' design but I'm such a dunce it didn't work!

That's a shame. :( Can one of the moderators help you out. Is the piccie on one of the photo sharing sites. You can always copy and paste the web address and message it to me or put it into a post. I can be a bit of a dunce sometimes aswell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter