• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Well, based on "you know who" they are reporting they were told the POP/AoA, CBR, and DHS stations will open to guests on August 28th (day before GE opens) and EPCOT line not ready

But guess we shall see

That, doesn't really help my trip (Aug 24 - 31, hoping to avoid DHS after the 28th). I have two weeks or so until PIF, I wish they'd do an official announcement so I know if I should switch from POP to ASMovies and save a few bucks.

Well, based on "you know who" they are reporting they were told the POP/AoA, CBR, and DHS stations will open to guests on August 28th (day before GE opens) and EPCOT line not ready

But guess we shall see
I personally think they'd be nuts to open the day before SW:GE. It gives them zero time to work out any operational bugs before the onslaught.

I do know that I won't be hiring Disney to manage any construction projects for me, though. I know they are putting more detail into the stations than most, but most are also built in months and require helicopter cranes.

I personally think they'd be nuts to open the day before SW:GE. It gives them zero time to work out any operational bugs before the onslaught.

I do know that I won't be hiring Disney to manage any construction projects for me, though. I know they are putting more detail into the stations than most, but most are also built in months and require helicopter cranes.

I agree, though I think it is kinda nuts they are having GE open the same day as opening day for Food and Wine Festival, so what do I know

I agree, though I think it is kinda nuts they are having GE open the same day as opening day for Food and Wine Festival, so what do I know

My guess is that the hope is that FWF may serve as a consolation prize for those who cannot get into GE when it has reached capacity.

Honestly, ever since MYW was implemented, I've been puzzled that they don't simply declare a "free hopping day" when a single park gets too crowded.

My guess is that the hope is that FWF may serve as a consolation prize for those who cannot get into GE when it has reached capacity.

Honestly, ever since MYW was implemented, I've been puzzled that they don't simply declare a "free hopping day" when a single park gets too crowded.

I definitely get having Food and Wine having started - but for the first day of both to be the same day seems kind of crazy. Even just for the media coverage, it will get diluted by having it split

Call me crazy, but I think they are just going to open them one day after some cast member previews. I would think you want it running for at least a week before the SWGE opening.
OK, Crazy. That's how it's always been for almost all attraction openings.

Skyliner is a transportation system, not an attraction, but I don't see any reason for it to be handled differently. The DHS and Pop stations are essentially complete, and I think CBR could easily be wrapped up by the end of July (except for the Trinidad bridge expansion).

I went on the Ngong Ping 360 in hong kong (a gondola system that takes you over Lantau to get to the Tian Tan Buddha- a twenty minute one-way trip). Hong Kong is much hotter and more humid than florida and those gondolas do not have air conditioning either. Yet, I was legit chilly in them on a hot day. So much air moves through the slotted windows that it's like flying through open air and you are in shade inside. The gondolas at WDW look almost identical and the rides are much shorter. Granted, the Ngong Ping 360 is higher above the ground for much of the trip but even the lower elevations were cool and comfortable. After riding that, I have no concerns about needing AC in the gondolas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter