Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?

Has anyone seen "walkers" at these races? Hoping I can do one at my next visit.

Has anyone seen "walkers" at these races? Hoping I can do one at my next visit.

I did the Beignet Dash twice and they usually tell everyone to have runners up front and walkers in the back so we don't get in each others way. You can walk at whatever pace works best for you. I didn't see them telling people to hurry up either. The last person gets tailed by a lifeguard on a bike.

I did the Beignet Dash twice and they usually tell everyone to have runners up front and walkers in the back so we don't get in each others way. You can walk at whatever pace works best for you. I didn't see them telling people to hurry up either. The last person gets tailed by a lifeguard on a bike.

life guard and I actually walked and talked but yes.

Given the experience with the headless horseman 5K, would one assume they will also turn away non-FW guests from the 12/24 reindeer run 5K? I would not be full of cheer if I got from my hotel over, only to have to boat/bus/car back to my hotel after rearranging my family's expectations.

Given the experience with the headless horseman 5K, would one assume they will also turn away non-FW guests from the 12/24 reindeer run 5K? I would not be full of cheer if I got from my hotel over, only to have to boat/bus/car back to my hotel after rearranging my family's expectations.

Reindeer Run 5K at Fort Wilderness on the 24th? Has this been confirmed? We're actually going to be camping there that day, and would love to do a run!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the info online! Thanks for a heads-up on this 5K!

Does anyone know if these have continued into this year, only info I can find is all from 2018, TIA

Does anyone know if these have continued into this year, only info I can find is all from 2018, TIA
Yes. Still going at the YC/BC as of this month. I would assume at the other resorts that had them as well. You may want to call your resort's recreational department for more information.

Yes. Still going at the YC/BC as of this month. I would assume at the other resorts that had them as well. You may want to call your resort's recreational department for more information.
That’s great, thank you, I’m so pleased they are still doing these but yes will definitely give the resort a call to check beforehand xx

Reindeer Run 5K at Fort Wilderness on the 24th? Has this been confirmed? We're actually going to be camping there that day, and would love to do a run!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the info online! Thanks for a heads-up on this 5K!

Did y’all end up doing the 5K?

I’m curious to know if they limited this event to Fort Wilderness guests? I need to reach out to some Recreation friends to get more information but FW is a pretty tight ship.

Did y’all end up doing the 5K?

I’m curious to know if they limited this event to Fort Wilderness guests? I need to reach out to some Recreation friends to get more information but FW is a pretty tight ship.

No, I did not. It was rather cold that morning and I just decided to stay in my nice warm sleeping bag! :teeth: I did see the runners go by though, and it looked like a very casual event. I doubt they were checking resort IDs, but I can't be sure. I don't remember the signs saying it was limited to resort guests.

Are these done all year, or just during certain times of the year? Looking for information on the runs available for 2019 so I can see which, if any, will fit into our schedule. Thanks.

The days of the week seem to be consistent, so if you see something you want to do, I would suggest googling the resort activities calendar the month of your trip to confirm. Not all the runs take place every week, I believe they cancelled the weekend ones during marathon weekend. Each resort has an activities calendar for the month, so you could google it the month of your trip to confirm it is on.

The days of the week seem to be consistent, so if you see something you want to do, I would suggest googling the resort activities calendar the month of your trip to confirm. Not all the runs take place every week, I believe they cancelled the weekend ones during marathon weekend. Each resort has an activities calendar for the month, so you could google it the month of your trip to confirm it is on.

Thanks. If I can't find the activity calendars I'll be back and ask for more help.

For anyone wanting to know, the All-Stars are only doing their fun run once a month. I checked it out a few weekends ago and you need to call to find out what week it'll be run that month. My impression was that it changes from month to month

Anything new in the world of Fun Runs? New resorts that are choosing to do them, resorts that are choosing to no longer do them, anything to catch up on? I'm hoping to catch at least one during my August trip.

Last edited:
Anything new in the world of Fun Runs? New resorts that are choosing to do them, resorts that are choosing to no longer do them, anything to catch up on? I'm hoping to catch at least one during my August trip.

As far as I know, and this was told to be by a Recreation Leader, that EACH Fun Run is at the mercy of the resort specific head manager. Hence, why resorts like Yacht & Beach Club have a weekly (open to anyone) Fun Run, but places like the Poly or Fort Wilderness Campground only have occasional, usually seasonal, (open to guests ONLY staying on property), Fun Runs.

Your best bet....find the one you really want to do out of the current list and I would contact the resort itself. FYI, the general Disney Reservation Line won't know and the Recreation Line usually doesn't either. LOL. FYI!! It is what it is.

This is obviously one of those things that each resort kinda does on its own, like the painting, and crafts, and all that.

Sorry wish I could tell you definitively!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!