Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
Going to try to keep my Run Disney peeps up to date on the resort fun runs! I’ll post pictures as I do each run! For now:

579DF9DC-6518-4560-85F1-812C980FAB14.jpeg

The Beignet Dash 1.5 miles

*Port Orleans French Quarter
*Sundays @8:00 am registration 7:30 am

All Stars & Icons

*All Star (Music or Movies)
*Tuesdays @7:00 am registration 6:30 am

The Southernmost Point 3K 1.8 miles

*Old Key West
*Wednesdays @7:30 am registration 7:00 am in the Community Hall
*Current pics & goodies!
4AF7A6F5-BA4E-41F6-BA29-8FA5D7A1884F.jpeg
15E82823-6567-48D8-9876-CB1A27112649.jpeg

OKW1.jpg

The Derby Dash 1.8 miles

*Saratoga Springs Resort
*Thursdays @8:00 am registration 7:30 am

The Regatta Run 1.8 miles (Sept. 6 start)
*Yacht & Beach Club
Current Photos & Goodies!!!

47002F7E-8396-4F2B-980E-10CA71386558.jpeg C7113EE7-1B55-4B48-B9EC-C5D2CC7CD1C9.jpeg D402403E-CC07-48FD-8BDC-67B55232CDC2.jpeg 3B8C086D-5D52-4F11-985C-6181CA168F70.jpeg C1DCA9E7-D485-45A4-B980-2A6897B0D49E.jpeg

Seaside Sprint Boardwalk 1.8 miles
*Boardwalk
*Fridays @8:00am registration 7:30 am

Seasonal
*Fort Wilderness Campground
*Polynesian

Attachments

• 518C2C20-A632-4D07-8737-25F0D002B797.jpeg
    518C2C20-A632-4D07-8737-25F0D002B797.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Thanks - great idea for a thread!

Just a little update on the OKW Southernmost Point 3K: It starts at 7:30, with registration closing at 7:15. The fee was $15 (10% discount for DVC members) when I ran it on the 15th of this month, and all participants got a medal and a water bottle, as well as refreshments (granola bars and water) at the finish. 3K is also 1.8 miles, if you're counting! :D

Going to try to keep my Run Disney peeps up to date on the resort fun runs! I’ll post pictures shortly. For now:

The Regatta Run 1.4 miles (Sept. 6 start)
*Yacht & Beach Club

I'll be doing the Regatta run on 10/18! Will report back on the experience.
I had to alter my FP+ around this since Epcot is an EMH AM and the original plan was
to rope drop at 8:00 AM. Oh, the trials of a Disney vacation!

Just a little update on the OKW Southernmost Point 3K: It starts at 7:30, with registration closing at 7:15. The fee was $15 (10% discount for DVC members) when I ran it on the 15th of this month, and all participants got a medal and a water bottle, as well as refreshments (granola bars and water) at the finish. 3K is also 1.8 miles, if you're counting! :D

Yesssss thank you! And as I and we all do the runs I’ll update with photos, prices, how we register, and the goodies we get!!

Lol 1.8 vs 1.4 is a BIG DEAL to us Runner’s!! I had reposted the times but I’ll gladly update them lol

Pics of the medal and the water bottle from the OKW Southernmost Point 3K:

CdwscM-OKBgSvo7DXNMXOe6ytKHb-ZMff0j41TUKkhjk7B-9v1BIWUaY8oribDFLpK-BdqZTSV5hIzEH1xSunjJy7sCB0j-CMXHPMMf_mRtMMEni0fbfR4YJ1QEQQGQMO_QuXRMr1WQbCJwR1SlWauQTjTiqcqeQQHUMbYckRS5gp0K8Nw3xY1nxgg4CeYrZnNFLf9JZrV9Ybzpec9SyyBsCEbqTGCteqKHKTCOU19IPIABwLxWKHbWjc5HmXr-9E0i7G-tppx6S-MoyHrNcU-ahd1X6tX8M7LcGcv5p1XjZjVIZamVxqakDCOrz_ESbKqv7CXnnAUvB-bCkBtX4cqfHbI3VQxbq5Q7UFtXq-xc4bI1dWkg9w7qH7JUV8Ld11ffRer2GEnBCZsHvxhEx6HFGJfCCN5FIsQ1lWcdYk01A-ZuP5c9hGvAr2VPlsGEaAnDcq5O9PTI4UGU4_OAMzajeRoluanDDEFzhjjoubRXlabeiF3KxR--m3UHtmcle5yMke7xVM04urGD_1Lq-FduwwAAHb97uTlB6NSWbTWw_3qXybdKceobYI947h-aAjfNMUhObb7PZziimXns9Ww5LA_YpgS_YIdTG2Q9MXr2P6nukr-3NsQaDDkStaHc=w714-h951-no

are these still going on - are they a constant thing throughout the year? mostly asking because I'm curious if they will have them the first week of january - that would be 2 week before marathon weekend.

also, are there medals with ALL of these?

btw, can't see medal pic - showing empty box
btw #2, I can't believe this thread exists - I was just about to post something about this and figured there was no thread but lets make sure and do a search...and lo and behold!!! thanks

Last edited:

are these still going on - are they a constant thing throughout the year? mostly asking because I'm curious if they will have them the first week of january - that would be 2 week before marathon weekend.

btw #2, I can't believe this thread exists - I was just about to post something about this and figured there was no thread but lets make sure and do a search...and lo and behold!!! thanks
No not every race does medals but there are treats involved. Like for the POFQ one you get Beignets.

They have been consistent but not sure if they will go on around marathon weekend or not.

You're welcome! :D

Let's hope they STAY at thing. Disney Recreation needed to do something like this...and I think they really need to do more in general. BUT, I'm thankful these Fun Runs have started. I'm gonna do my best to wake up EARLY tomorrow to hit the Beignet Dash. I'll let you know what I get! I do not think (at this point) that you get a medal with every run. I'm hoping that eventually would be the case. You would think Disney would have caught on by now that a lot of us really like the "bling" we get afterwards! LOL!

I think they may be around awhile as long as participation shows. They just added The Regatta Run, slated to start September 6th, so that is encouraging! I saw the loot you get from that run and WOW it's worth it!!!

Is the Fun Run at All-Stars officially a weekly thing? I've been Googling but can't seem to find any info.

The Polynesian also has a seasonal Fun Run.

I'm hoping that Disney also comes up with a Fun Run Challenge Pin or medal because we all love Disney swag!

This is so awesome! We were looking for something to do one morning and one of these will be perfect!

Hey y'all! I finally got to do the Regatta Run today!!! It was awesome and so much fun! Met quite a few RunDiser's who were in town for Food & Wine and everyone was out to have fun. We had a great group cheering each other on. I highly recommend doing one of these fun runs next time you come to the Most Magical Place On Earth!!

Hey y'all! I finally got to do the Regatta Run today!!! It was awesome and so much fun! Met quite a few RunDiser's who were in town for Food & Wine and everyone was out to have fun. We had a great group cheering each other on. I highly recommend doing one of these fun runs next time you come to the Most Magical Place On Earth!!

We'll be arriving on 10/17 and plan on doing this our first morning of vaca on 10/18! Had to rearrange our EMH AM plans at Epcot to run this! Is the Swag as good as promoted? Glad you had fun!

We'll be arriving on 10/17 and plan on doing this our first morning of vaca on 10/18! Had to rearrange our EMH AM plans at Epcot to run this! Is the Swag as good as promoted? Glad you had fun!

Yes, swag is LEGIT! I just updated my first post with the pics! The post will look a bit strange until I figure out all this picture/BB code nonsense. LOL

Can you run these if you aren't a resort guest? Do they check? I live locally and would love to pop over and run a few of them instead of just running my usual route on a training run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!