Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?

I did the Seaside Sprint at BW last week and it was a lot of fun! I thought it was a good value for $15, although I think they should've made the $15 inclusive of tax to keep things simple (my sister brought exact cash, which I realize it did say it was +tax on the sign!) The pin is really nice and the slushee coupon was great since it was so hot. The bib did seem a little over the top since we were only running 1.4 miles :-) Though it was so humid, even at 8am it was a bit of a struggle!

It was a great activity and nice push to exercise during the trip (I wouldn't have run otherwise... though I need to start training for Princess soon!!!).

Tried to add a photo of the pin... here’s a link to the picture!

https://m.imgur.com/a/9qlp3w1

Last edited:
Unfortunately posting photos on here isn’t great. Photobucket, Flickr, or posting directly too here are your best options.
Yeah but those other services sometimes limit pictures from being shown or accounts close, etc. Best to reduce picture size and still upload them here.. In my opinion

My wife and I ran the Regatta Run this morning. There were about 30 participants, all sizes and ages. It was well organized, started promptly at 8:00 am. Swag was everything it was marketed to be! Post race bananas, gogo applesauce, nut bars and water. Nice little tote with pin, earbuds, and sunglasses. Price was $30.02 for 2. They have included the tax in with $15 fee but rounding adds the extra penny per person. I PR’d for the 3k since I have never run a 3k. Finished first in age group .....and last in age group!

I am finally getting around to posting this. Sorry for the delay…

I did the Saratoga Springs Derby Dash last Thursday 10/11 and had a great time. I started the morning doing 4 laps (5.5 miles) around the running path - trying to be a good boy following my marathon training plan :) And then I headed over to community hall for the fun run. Registration was at 7:30AM. The race started at 8AM with a recording of a bugle playing “first call” which you typically hear at the start of all horse races (you know the tune). I am not sure if it goes off every hour like a clock chime at SSR or if it was specific to the Derby Dash. Either way, it was a pretty cool way to start the race.

There were about 15 or so folks doing it - some parents with kids, some kids without parents who stayed back to watch and cheer at the finish and some solo runners like me.

The race turned out to be extra fun because a 10 year old kid decided to challenge me from the bridge to Disney Springs to the finish line and I was stupid enough to try to keep up with him. So what was originally just going to be one more lap, turned into an all out sprint for about 3/4 of a mile around Saratoga Springs. People heading out to go to the parks who saw us must of thought we were nuts, but it was fun and I guess my fun run became a speed workout. lol

They had water bottles, fruit (bananas and oranges) and two types of energy bars at the finish line. Everyone got a bib and pretty a cool finisher’s medal. They took pictures of all the finishers and emailed them which was a nice touch. I stayed until everyone finished to support them and cheer them on. Overall, a great experience for $15+tax and I would highly recommend the Derby Dash or any of the fun runs!!

Here is a picture of the bib and medal and one of the finishing pictures they emailed to me.

SSRDB1.jpg SSRDB2.jpg

Last edited:

My daughter and I did the Old Key West Southernmost Point 3K Fun Run (that's a lot of words) in October on the first full morning of our trip. When we did it, they rebranded it to "Trick or Trot" which was cute.

I reserved a Lyft from CBR to OKW for 6:30 that morning. We had zero issues getting in there - in fact, we were there early enough to see the sun rise!

44209586125_169e551947_z_d.jpg

We were super early actually but it was fun to walk around and watch the resort wake up.

45120979821_db54e73319_z_d.jpg

They had some breakfast snacks set out both before and after the run which was a really nice touch

45120979671_0481c9eb1e_z_d.jpg

I have done many, many (20+ I'm sure) organized runs and hands down, this was the most fun and best organized run I've done. They had CMs everywhere you turned around - you couldn't have gotten lost if you had tried! The CMs were so sweet and seemed to genuinely being out there early cheering on the participants. It transferred over to the finish as well, everyone hung around after they were done, cheering on the finishers and having a good time.

45121013651_292bd3ab0c_z_d.jpg

With this run, you get a water bottle and a medal. And because of the season, we also got light up pumpkin necklaces (which were fun for the MNSSHP we went to later)

44209576465_3ec48795af_z_d.jpg

This was the perfect way to kick off our Disney vacation - I've never had a real desire to do a Disney run before but this has me seriously considering the Princess or Wine and Dine!

Also, I thought it was a really good value - especially in Disney money! We made a breakfast of it and took a few granola bars back to the hotel for my husband and other two children. Given the fact that many snacks went up in price in the middle of our vacation - I feel like we got our $15 worth in granola bars alone, LOL. The water bottles are also fantastic now that we're back home and have become a loved souvenir of our trip. I've also informed my husband that any future trips to Disney we will happily give up rope drop mornings to make them fun run mornings!

Two other small details, I had about a five minute wait for our Lyft to get back to CBR, so that was quick and easy as well. We paid with our magic bands and I think they could have taken credit cards (but not for sure on that.)

Does anyone know if there is an AP discount?

There is no discounts of any kind when registering for these runs right now. May have something to do with these being hosted through each individual resort’s Recreation team.

And while we are on THAT subject, the following information is important!

The Recreation coordinator I spoke to at a recent race pointed out that it’s up to each resorts general manager to ok these runs!! Which is why they happen on different days due to bus routes, other events, etc, & why the swag is so different. Some resorts do not even have any fun runs at all. Some only have seasonal ones too. Though I have a few theories on that...the point is if you want to see more of these fun runs, start sending off emails to Disney! They do make a difference and they will get forwarded to the general managers of the resorts. :)

Yeah but those other services sometimes limit pictures from being shown or accounts close, etc. Best to reduce picture size and still upload them here.. In my opinion

You’re right, and I’m having a devil of a time with Photobucket so I have decided to change my tactic with this thread. Since it’s Sunday, I’m going to work on that at some point.

OHHHHHHHH y’all!!!! Do i have fantastic news about a new seasonal fun run!!!

Here’s a hint:

It’s happening on Halloween and it’s gonna be somewhere that has all kinds of trails!!

Pic coming today with info!!
:stir::yay:

E0D0CE26-55BD-4EE1-A0AE-774D487A2E0A.jpeg

Whelp. It’s happened. I’m officially mad & grumpy over a Resort fun run.

I went to the Fort Wilderness Campground today to register for the Headless Horseman 5K. Was scoffed at because we aren’t staying there the day of the race. I was informed that because of it being a largely popular holiday, that the resort was going into a “hard close” mode. This race is NOT open to the public, is free, & ONLY for resort guests.

Good thing I’m torturing myself to find out all this news lol. So, FYI, turns out some of these “fun runs” will be limited.

I’m so sad. :( I get it, but I’m not happy about it.

I went to the Fort Wilderness Campground today to register for the Headless Horseman 5K. Was scoffed at because we aren’t staying there the day of the race. I was informed that because of it being a largely popular holiday, that the resort was going into a “hard close” mode. This race is NOT open to the public, is free, & ONLY for resort guests.

Good thing I’m torturing myself to find out all this news lol. So, FYI, turns out some of these “fun runs” will be limited.

Wow, good to know, even if it's a sad outcome.
:sad:

View attachment 361786

Whelp. It’s happened. I’m officially mad & grumpy over a Resort fun run.

I wonder if that is going to happen more often. I've been interested in doing them, but have been afraid to try as usually I'm not staying at a resort that has a run on the day that I am there.

I wonder if that is going to happen more often. I've been interested in doing them, but have been afraid to try as usually I'm not staying at a resort that has a run on the day that I am there.

I think it’s only going to happen at certain resorts. There has been a fantastic response to these fun runs, BUT the key is who is running the resort & how the Recreation team is being told how to handle them.

This particular Headless Horseman 5K fun run is free (and seasonal), all the others cost money to participate and reoccur weekly.

Looking through this thread there seem to be lots of pics from the OKW run. I'm thinking about doing the seaside sprint at Boardwalk on Friday. Does anyone know what swag they give out beyond the pin? Does every race give out water bottles?

Looking through this thread there seem to be lots of pics from the OKW run. I'm thinking about doing the seaside sprint at Boardwalk on Friday. Does anyone know what swag they give out beyond the pin? Does every race give out water bottles?
You'll receive a pin and coupon to Goofy’s Glacier. I think that's in Disney Springs. I'm not sure if the coupon is for a specific item [slushy] or if it has a monetary value. YC/BC race had bottles of water so would assume the same for Boardwalk.

I didn't get one at port Orleans fun run and there was no meation of one at all stars

Today the Poly had their “Pineapple Dash.” I’m not sure if they regularly host a run, or if it was just special for Halloween. We were tempted to participate, but we had already planned to do EMH at MK.

28BA0239-62D6-4C09-B35A-0649BC23EE21.jpeg
Also tempted to do the Regatta Run tomorrow....:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!