Disney PI question

Okay thank you! I was worried because I have to do 3 internships to graduate so the plan was to try for 2 CPs and one PI.. I will just have to take one semester off to take a class or two I guess between one of them.. I'm planning on applying to a third CP when I apply for the PI just in case I don't get it. :)

Another random question. They have a PI for park operations right now.. I don't plan to apply for awhile for the PI but if they have it when I do and I apply if I know the operations manager from one of the parks would that be a good thing or bad thing to mention if I were interviewed??

Rather than mentioning it in your interview, I would talk to that manager and network with them. I would only mention that you know them if you can add to that if they've taught you anything or inspired you to want a certain job and why...you know what I mean? I think just solely mentioning you know them won't do anything for you. Just my opinion.

boundfordisney---how long ago did you submit your PI apps? Just so I have an idea how long this waiting game is going last since for you applied in Animal Programs as well?

i applied on the first day (1/31) and on the next (2/1) so I have been waiting for about a week and a half

FYI to all animal science PI applicants: just emailed one of the department managers to confirm that they have gotten my app and he said yes, we will let you know by May 1st (maybe sooner). Do not feel nervous if you don't get in interview because it sounds like the animal programs might just do it based on merit (transcript, recommendation, application, cover letter) alone.

That's what I did. I wasn't accepted for a PI when I first applied during my last semester so I did a second CP and was eligible to apply again and was accepted! I ended up really loving where I worked during that CP too and actually applied to extend my program in case I wasn't offered a PI. And although I have no way of actually knowing, I believe that where I worked on my second CP definitely helped me land the PI too because there are several things you have to know about or have to do in both roles.

Hi! Are you doing your PI now? What is it in? What was your major? A lot of questions I know, sorry.

Actually, I know someone who got into the Animal Programs before, and what happened in that semester is that they actually wait until the application period is over, then 2 weeks after, she got her interview. I think they might wait for all the applications to come in before they even make a decision on who gets an interview, hence the lack of reply for now.

Hey sarah! My major was communications too and I did my screening about a week and a half ago for guest relations... and guest services for guests with disabilities

how many phone interviews did you do for GR ? And what kind of questions did they ask after the initial screening...

I absolutely smoked the initial screening so I'm fairly confident ill get atleast another interview and i want to be prepared for it...

Thanks!

Hey sarah! My major was communications too and I did my screening about a week and a half ago for guest relations... and guest services for guests with disabilities

how many phone interviews did you do for GR ? And what kind of questions did they ask after the initial screening...

I absolutely smoked the initial screening so I'm fairly confident ill get atleast another interview and i want to be prepared for it...

Thanks!

Nice! Good luck! GR actually only had the 1 initial interview.

wow i really hope thats the case for me haha because i rocked that first one lol...

What kinds of things do you do exactly in Guest Relations? like whats a typical day like?

Not sure if this is somewhere else on here but has anyone done either one of these PI's or applying for it? Just wondering what kinds of questions they ask or how many people apply for these. Thanks! :)

What kinds of things do you do exactly in Guest Relations? like whats a typical day like?

I've learned that there is no such thing as a typical day in Guest Relations. Although some situations may be similar, every guest and situation is unique. We deal with EVERYTHING! Anything with tickets - reissuing, upgrading, etc., concerns/complaints/compliments, lost and found and just in general making magic! haha we pretty much do our best to help the guests with absolutely any concern or need they have. And we like to bad situations around to our best ability. It's pretty amazing :)

I'm at Magic Kingdom.

Has anyone been rejected yet?

This entire process is just so confusing and crazy haha!

Not that I know of. Although, I'm pretty sure that if you make it through the screening, you won't hear back for sure until April. Let's stay positive!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter