Disney PI question

Pretty simple question, but is the internship program only opened to Americans? I'm Canadian and I want to apply for the Communication internship but I'm not sure if I'm allowed.

Never mind. Found it out on my own.

Here's another question. I was looking at the Internal Communications internship and in the eligibility list said: "Must possess unrestricted work authorization." It kind of confused me. Can anyone explain what they mean by this? :confused3

they mean that you need to be over 18 (obviously haha), an american citizen or have an equivalent type visa that has no work restrictions, not on disability, can work in all environments and able to work and perform per request of the role ( lifting and such)

does it look bad to apply to both?

The people who do the CP and the PI are completely different. They don't know that you've applied to both. But, after I was accepted to the CP I called the number that they gave me after my assessment and asked them what the best move was since I'm still waiting to hear back from the PI's. The lady told me that I should accept the CP and depending on what happened with the PI's I can call back and tell them what happened and decline the position with no repercussions. It seems like a safe bet to me.

haha ok, im trusting you! but again, I would take the PI's over anything since those are definately going to help me in the future

they mean that you need to be over 18 (obviously haha), an american citizen or have an equivalent type visa that has no work restrictions, not on disability, can work in all environments and able to work and perform per request of the role ( lifting and such)

Thanks for the answer. :) I guess I'll have to see if Disney will sponsor me for a visa.

haha ok, im trusting you! but again, I would take the PI's over anything since those are definately going to help me in the future

Oh! Absolutely! But, if I don't get selected for a PI, then at least I'll have another shot after the CP. If I don't do the CP I can't ever do a PI since you either have to be in school or in the CP to apply.

boundfordisney---how long ago did you submit your PI apps? Just so I have an idea how long this waiting game is going last since for you applied in Animal Programs as well?

Oh! Absolutely! But, if I don't get selected for a PI, then at least I'll have another shot after the CP. If I don't do the CP I can't ever do a PI since you either have to be in school or in the CP to apply.

That's what I did. I wasn't accepted for a PI when I first applied during my last semester so I did a second CP and was eligible to apply again and was accepted! I ended up really loving where I worked during that CP too and actually applied to extend my program in case I wasn't offered a PI. And although I have no way of actually knowing, I believe that where I worked on my second CP definitely helped me land the PI too because there are several things you have to know about or have to do in both roles.

Hey guys! I keep seeing all of these posts about how people received emails to schedule interviews recently after they submitted their applications. Should I be worried that it has been a week and I have nto received an email? Should I call or just let it be? :confused3

That's what I did. I wasn't accepted for a PI when I first applied during my last semester so I did a second CP and was eligible to apply again and was accepted! I ended up really loving where I worked during that CP too and actually applied to extend my program in case I wasn't offered a PI. And although I have no way of actually knowing, I believe that where I worked on my second CP definitely helped me land the PI too because there are several things you have to know about or have to do in both roles.

I was just about to ask the same question! XoSarah, that's exactly what I'm hoping for if I don't get any PI's this semester. So happy to know you can do another CP and then apply for PI, even after you've graduated! Also, I am dying to get guest relations! You are living my dream life! haha I've already had my interview and it went well (I think)!

Where did you work during your CP? I am planning on applying for concierge for my CP, as I am hoping it could help me get into GR later in my career. One of the duties listed was to partner with VIP tour guides, so I thought it would be a good chance to make some great GR connections. If I don't get it, I'm still a seasonal character attendant, so I'll just move back down anyway.

Sorry this is so long. I'm just excited to move to FL! :cool1:

Hey guys! I keep seeing all of these posts about how people received emails to schedule interviews recently after they submitted their applications. Should I be worried that it has been a week and I have nto received an email? Should I call or just let it be? :confused3

I think it may depend on if you applied for an alumni only internship or not. Otherwise, it depends on the internship. Some may take awhile to contact you. I wouldn't worry!

animal programs?

I was just about to ask the same question! XoSarah, that's exactly what I'm hoping for if I don't get any PI's this semester. So happy to know you can do another CP and then apply for PI, even after you've graduated! Also, I am dying to get guest relations! You are living my dream life! haha I've already had my interview and it went well (I think)!

Where did you work during your CP? I am planning on applying for concierge for my CP, as I am hoping it could help me get into GR later in my career. One of the duties listed was to partner with VIP tour guides, so I thought it would be a good chance to make some great GR connections. If I don't get it, I'm still a seasonal character attendant, so I'll just move back down anyway.

Sorry this is so long. I'm just excited to move to FL! :cool1:

Concierge is a great experience to have to prepare you for GR! One of our interns came from resorts so she knows about some things that I don't know from working in the parks. I did my first program at Liberty Square (MK) merchandise and my second in attractions at Big Thunder Mountain (MK). Our intern group has a good mix of backgrounds -- we have a mix of entertainment, merchandise, resorts, attractions, foods, and custodial. Glad to hear you interview went well!! I actually applied for GR my first time around and didn't get it, but then was lucky enough to get it the second time. Not gonna lie, it's pretty amazing!! Good luck!

Thanks! No I applied for a 2 marketing ones and 2 events. Been waiting to apply for one of them for 6 years......my entire heart is in it!

So I have a quesition... It says you must not have completed 2 consecutive college programs... does that mean you can't have EVER done two consecutive programs or just have finished two consecutive programs?

So I have a quesition... It says you must not have completed 2 consecutive college programs... does that mean you can't have EVER done two consecutive programs or just have finished two consecutive programs?

pretty sure it means you just can't be applying for PI's if you're currently on your second consecutive CP. you can only do 1 full year of internship at a time.

pretty sure it means you just can't be applying for PI's if you're currently on your second consecutive CP. you can only do 1 full year of internship at a time.

Okay thank you! I was worried because I have to do 3 internships to graduate so the plan was to try for 2 CPs and one PI.. I will just have to take one semester off to take a class or two I guess between one of them.. I'm planning on applying to a third CP when I apply for the PI just in case I don't get it. :)

Another random question. They have a PI for park operations right now.. I don't plan to apply for awhile for the PI but if they have it when I do and I apply if I know the operations manager from one of the parks would that be a good thing or bad thing to mention if I were interviewed??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter