Disney PI question

boundfordinsey

Disney Fall 2011 PI hopeful
Roughly how long will it take to get an acceptance/decline letter after I apply for the program?

could take a long time.... its not anything like the CP.... you send in your resume... if they like you they offer you to call and schedule an initial screening... if they like you you get another phone interview... the process is long and drawn out because they are selecting the best of the best.... this isnt like the CP where pretty much if you have a pulse and can talk to people you get in... it could take a long time...

thanks! i hope i get chosen. ive never applied for a disney position so I don't really know what to expect

My friend worked for Disney for like 4 years, and was denied for a PI within 12 hours lol

well... people dont read your resume's they scan it with a computer so if it doesnt have all the KEY words in it that disney is looking for you will get an email saying that you aren't right for the program.... if you are they send you an email asking you to schedule the screening and usually that email comes in a day or so... but the entire process takes forever

well thank you for the insight. I hope that i get past the screening and get to the interview stage

well... people dont read your resume's they scan it with a computer so if it doesnt have all the KEY words in it that disney is looking for you will get an email saying that you aren't right for the program.... if you are they send you an email asking you to schedule the screening and usually that email comes in a day or so... but the entire process takes forever

and those key words are?;)

i mean i dont know other than all of the obvious things you know that disney looks for in a person

Key words that show you're qualified for the internship you're applying for. Look at the Required Qualifications section of the internship description that you're looking to apply for, and make sure you include each requirement in your resume and application.

okay...question for anyone who may know...

DD wants to apply for a PI...she did CP Fall 2008 and Spring 2009....she found a PI she wants to apply for...she graduates in May...but some wording under the "eligibility" is concerning us:

Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs

does this mean she can't apply or does this mean that you can't apply is you are currently in your 2nd consecutive CP? any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I'd assume the later, since Disney has rules about working for more than a year. She can't apply if she's currently IN her second consecutive CP, if they're in the past it's okay though

OMG Dreamstuff!!! You just made our night!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :worship:

We assumed so but we were freaking out!!!:scared1:

Thank you!!!:hug:

Have they posted PI positions yet? I didn't think I saw them posted.

i dont beleive any are posted yet (however i think i may have found a couple of management ones by looking at active jobs). I was told they would be up today, but I thought that was a weird time. I am anticipating tomorrow around like 9 or 10 am Disney time. The poeple that run this program and post positions work M-F so i doubted it would be up today. What positions are you applying for? Im applying for animal sciences positions.

Yea I figured they'd be up tomorrow, especially because they posted on the DCP twitter account on the 25th that PI applications would go up "next week" (referring to this week now). I'm applying for marketing and management internships, the exact position I go for will depend on what roles they offer for the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter