Disney Official info about CSR and CBR EXPANSIONS

You know one reason CSR has always been one of my favorites is because it is so highly themed, with Ranchos being our favorite. It's a stunning resort I love to walk around. The more I stare at this tower ............. it looks like just about any tower on I-Drive or Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and I surely hope this is a start. Some squiggly green iron work down the middle doesn't theme it.

Totally agreed. It will block light and fireworks. It will have the new lobby, so goodbye classic CSR lobby which will now be a "seating area." Goodbye unbroken view across Lago Dorado, thanks to new "floating gardens" (what the heck is that?) and walkways across the lake. Goodbye affordability, too. There's no way the other rooms remain at among the lowest moderate prices with a tower priced in a new "business-deluxe" class. And hello even more crowded bus service. This is pretty much the death of the old CSR and everything I love about it. I am just floored and heartbroken.

Were they to classify CSR as Business Deluxe, I'd imagine them just bumping CBR up to a "full" deluxe due to it's proximity to an upgrades DHS, the new retail/dining options, etc.

Assuming they don't reclassify resort categories, Disney could also offer rooms at differing prices (Particularly for CSR and their new tower), similar to how cabins and campsites are priced for Fort Wilderness. Older rooms and sections remain at moderate pricing with current offerings, while rooms in the tower cost more - but offer more amenities such as the rooftop lounge and concierge.
I agree with everything except the amenities portion. You can't really limit some of those amenities. If they have a rooftop lounge it would likely be DVC only like Top of the World at BLT, or its a full service restaurant that everyone can attend.

Sounds like I'm about to be priced out of my favorite resort. I will try and keep an open mind, but I'm not feeling hopeful. :(

:hug: I hear you.

Were they to classify CSR as Business Deluxe, I'd imagine them just bumping CBR up to a "full" deluxe due to it's proximity to an upgrades DHS, the new retail/dining options, etc.

Assuming they don't reclassify resort categories, Disney could also offer rooms at differing prices (Particularly for CSR and their new tower), similar to how cabins and campsites are priced for Fort Wilderness. Older rooms and sections remain at moderate pricing with current offerings, while rooms in the tower cost more - but offer more amenities such as the rooftop lounge and concierge.

Even with the older buildings still there think about what 500 rooms will do with zero mention of new pools or amenities expansion.

I think with the timing of the room renovations they are amping it for a price hike.

I agree with everything except the amenities portion. You can't really limit some of those amenities. If they have a rooftop lounge it would likely be DVC only like Top of the World at BLT, or its a full service restaurant that everyone can attend.

Fair. I was envisioning them doing something similar to BLT - especially when it first opened, I recall it being exclusive to DVC, to the point that even those staying in the Contemporary were not allowed in. But I can see how that would be difficult and impractical.

Fair. I was envisioning them doing something similar to BLT - especially when it first opened, I recall it being exclusive to DVC, to the point that even those staying in the Contemporary were not allowed in. But I can see how that would be difficult and impractical.
The only way they could do it is if they limited it to DVC only. I couldn't see them limiting it to only those staying in that tower. That's money they could've had.

Len Testa‏ @LenTesta (on twitter)
For reference when Disney makes the Coronado Springs announcement today, here's the drawing showing scope and location.

C4zzboqWMAEYAqF.jpg

^ Guessing all that stuff on lake side is the "floating gardens" ............... I don't see a pool ....

For reference when Disney makes the Coronado Springs announcement today, here's the drawing showing scope and location...

In that graphic, the square below C-106 that abuts a parking lot is where the porte cochere is now. Its narrow covered walkway leads up the interior fountain area. To the right of that fountain area is...no more current lobby. It looks like it will be truncated and lead directly into the tower. So the tower--all 15 stories of it--will be adjacent to the existing El Centro, extending from there, over the to-be-filled-in waterway and bridge between Lago Dorado and the also to-be-filled-in retaining pond to the rear of the current 9B. And then the remaining Cabanas immediately start there. Meaning the tower will hulk over both the Cabanas and El Centro. That really will kill the secluded vibe of the Cabanas beach completely. From any sense of proportion, this is a disaster. This plan clearly shows no respect for why existing non-conference guests choose Coronado.

In that graphic, the square below C-106 that abuts a parking lot is where the porte cochere is now. Its narrow covered walkway leads up the interior fountain area. To the right of that fountain area is...no more current lobby. It looks like it will be truncated and lead directly into the tower. So the tower--all 15 stories of it--will be adjacent to the existing El Centro, extending from there, over the to-be-filled-in waterway and bridge between Lago Dorado and the also to-be-filled-in retaining pond to the rear of the current 9B. And then the remaining Cabanas immediately start there. Meaning the tower will hulk over both the Cabanas and El Centro. That really will kill the secluded vibe of the Cabanas beach completely. From any sense of proportion, this is a disaster. This plan clearly shows no respect for why existing non-conference guests choose Coronado.

:worship:

This is about full blown convention business. They are DVC/Convention driven, it's where the most money for the least work is.

I'm just waiting for CBR to get a full blowout once that tower goes in. Add a couple towers with it, completely blocking WBC views and able to sell more firework views .... long term but probably out there.

For reference when Disney makes the Coronado Springs announcement today, here's the drawing showing scope and location.

C4zzboqWMAEYAqF.jpg
Len actually revealed this before the announcement.

Maybe they do an indoor pool? It is interesting that there is no pool around that tower. Maybe it's there just not in that section of plans?

This is about full blown convention business. They are DVC/Convention driven, it's where the most money for the least work is.

I'm just waiting for CBR to get a full blowout once that tower goes in. Add a couple towers with it, completely blocking WBC views and able to sell more firework views .... long term but probably out there.
Don't forget the Gondola at CBR.

Yeah I know. It's really sad, and very Bob Iger. Ryan and I were talking about making our next trip CR instead of CSR. This really made our decision for us. This will be two years of construction walls and construction noise. Loud construction noise, too--because building a skyscraper isn't silent. I live in Chicago. Take it from me. During that tower construction, daytime noise at CSR will be a nightmare.

Are these details your speculation or something posted I have missed?

Len actually revealed this before the announcement.

Maybe they do an indoor pool? It is interesting that there is no pool around that tower. Maybe it's there just not in that section of plans?

Suppose it's possible. There looks like potential for an indoor pool on the lake side of the building, though it would have to be on the smaller side.

And hopefully heated for the winter months.

That is possible, it would be no different than concierge lounges, pay more get more. It would be in line with other hotel brands offering special things. We are Hilton Diamond, we get special baskets and gifts left in our room, access to lounges, given items that other folks in same type rooms have to pay for. No reason that tower guests only can access viewing locations via their room key. Or to view you have to pay/eat at restaurant just like CG.

Just read this on facebook site and looks like most rooms will have views.

"Coronado Springs Buzz
A 15 story business deluxe tower with 583 rooms to be constructed. Includes concierge level, Presidential and VIP suites, 60% of the rooms fireworks view of DHS, an island in the middle of Lago Dorado with a bar/restaurant and a series of bridges. A glass roof top restaurant too. The old lobby will become a seating area. The new lobby will be in the tower."

an island in the middle of Lago Dorado with a bar/restaurant and a series of bridges. The old lobby will become a seating area. The new lobby will be in the tower."

Interesting, especially the idea of a restaurant on an island in the lake with bridges connecting said island to (imaginably) the four sections of the resort.

Yeah I know. It's really sad, and very Bob Iger. Ryan and I were talking about making our next trip CR instead of CSR. This really made our decision for us. This will be two years of construction walls and construction noise. Loud construction noise, too--because building a skyscraper isn't silent. I live in Chicago. Take it from me. During that tower construction, daytime noise at CSR will be a nightmare.

Just getting the pilings down deep enough for the tower are going to be pounding to migraine level.

Touring Plans posted this and said it was CSR but it's clearly CBR.

CSR-1-700x578.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter