Disney Official info about CSR and CBR EXPANSIONS

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by HopperFan, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

I don't see how a tower fits the theme. Neither of those resorts are my favorite but if it is going to become another High rise hotel I would rather go somewhere else.

dtstampz, Kevin355 and HopperFan like this.
  2. Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike DIS Veteran

Those are the proposed updates to Old Port Royale?

rteetz likes this.
  3. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Looks that way. I want to know if TP has renderings of the new DVC tower there. Its in the permits.

Hopefully likes this.
  4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Looks like it matches Disney description. They said they were adding waterfront dining, so that new building which is on the water management plans too would be a restaurant and has what looks like porch dining as well. Looks like the Custom House is lost with the new building at the front, so check in etc should move there where it always should have been.

Nancyg56 likes this.
  6. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

I'm intrigued by the changes at CSR. I wasn't a fan when I stayed there. Maybe when all the renovations are done, it will appeal to me.

7. Kevin355

Kevin355 Future Disney Employee

Looks like CBR will be outside of my budget now.

HopperFan likes this.
  8. dtstampz

dtstampz DIS Veteran

I'm thinking that my trip in May could be my last stay at CSR.
    Wonder where my new Disney home will be going forward....?
    :(

9. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Am sure you will not be alone .... it's been getting hard already to justify.

If the rates are going up and the immersion goes down, I don't see myself splurging.

I like to be there as often as I can and to do that I stay wherever
    I get the best rates (within reason, I have minimums :rolleyes:).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Babsy and Kevin355 like this.
  10. Minniemoo15

Minniemoo15 Mouseketeer

CBR is our favourite. We are staying here again in 2 weeks. I've lost count how many times we have stayed - we love the theming, the atmosphere, the pools, and the price is right. I'm very sad thinking this might be our last stay there. We would probably stay somewhere else next year if it's renovation city, and after that we will likely be priced out :(

11. Poohbear03

Poohbear03 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how bad the construction will be this upcoming mid April at these two resorts? What should people expect??

12. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the timeline for this at CSR? Do we have any time to get a last minute visit in before this starts?

I am so sad....I was thinking of a visit to CSR in Nov, but I guess that is off the table now.

13. rteetz

It's should be too bad yet in April.

Both resorts should be complete in 2019. Construction has already begun in some cases.

Babsy likes this.
  14. butterfly71076

butterfly71076 DIS Veteran

I'm right there with you. Not happy about this at all.

15. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

Thank you.
    Looks like I will probably be staying at POR more often until 2019. Then we will see how CSR has fared.

At least my last stay at CSR was perfect - in 9B BC with a corner room and gorgeous view. It was incredible! Now i wish that we had stayed there longer

HopperFan, rteetz and ChasingLeslie like this.
  16. KristiKat

KristiKat DIS Veteran

We stayed at CSR in October and fell in love with it. We could see the fireworks from our room. Very sad to see they are putting up this tower that will block those views.

Kevin355 and HopperFan like this.
  17. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

This has me wondering about the moderate category and price range. Surely with these planned updates, the price on these resorts will go up. Also, given that at least CSR will now be getting some deluxe resort hallmarks, they may be reclassified as deluxe, part-deluxe, or be something new according to some new system. Either way, it stands to reason that the prices will rise.

The moderate resorts are incredibly popular due to the theming and amenities you receive for the price you pay. To be sure, many fans of CBR and CSR will pay more to stay at their favorite resorts. Others, who are typically deluxe fans, will try these resorts at their new higher price point because they have new amenities. However, this leaves a shrinking moderate market, with only the Port Orleans resorts left (and the cabins, which are really in a category of their own.)

Regardless of any new classification system that will be developed, what do you think will be left with the current level of moderate amenities and at the current moderate price point? Do we see a new resort being built in the style of the current moderate resort category (mid-sized rooms, exterior categories, waterslides, food court + table service restaurant, etc.)? Will amenities be added to value resorts to bump them up in price, too? (I know this wouldn't really put them on scale with CBR, POR, etc. due to the smaller rooms.)

Any thoughts on this?

18. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

I can't imagine raising the prices too much on all the rooms with outside corridors. One of the reasons I like to stay deluxe is indoor corridors for the rooms.

IrishNYC likes this.
  19. disneylove16

disneylove16 Mouseketeer

Same here! I always try to keep an open mind about changes at WDW, but this just makes me so sad. CSR is our go-to. If we get priced out, the only moderates we're going to have left is Port Orleans, which we're not a fan of. Feels like we're being forced to go deluxe or value. :(

On a side note, should I expect the worst for our upcoming August trip? I request a casitas or cabanas room. I'm guessing construction will be well underway by then.

cassie58 likes this.
  20. rteetz

Well the rumor is that Disney is looking to get rid of resort categories (no more deluxe, mod, value) and just price things based on location, services, and amenities.

21. rteetz

I have always found Disney to do pretty good with resort construction and keeping the impact low on guests. Look at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly as recent examples. Will there be some impact in August for you? Probably but not enough that would make me change resorts or worry too much.

Babsy and disneylove16 like this.