Disney Official info about CSR and CBR EXPANSIONS

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by HopperFan, Feb 16, 2017.

1. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Disney Official about CSR and CBR Expansion

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...coronado-springs-and-caribbean-beach-resorts/

-----------------------------------------------

More Guest Experiences and Dining Options Coming to Disney’s Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resorts
    [​IMG]
    by Geoffrey Pointon, Public Relations Manager, Disney Destinations

Whenever it’s time to share exciting news about a new expansion project, I remember one of my favorite Walt Disney quotes. “We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Today, we are thrilled to share with you that changes are on the horizon at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort over the next two years and let me tell you, there is a lot to be excited about!

The expansion at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will include a new 15-story tower that will add 500 rooms, featuring suites and concierge level services. The resort will also refurbish its current resort rooms and transform its landscape with floating gardens and an island oasis that connects the resort through a series of bridges.

The new tower overlooking Lago Dorado, the resort’s centerpiece lake, will allow guests to experience something truly unique, rooftop dining with panoramic views of popular nighttime fireworks from nearby Disney theme parks.

Also during this exciting time, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be reimagined with new additions to the resort’s current marketplace, Centertown, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas. This centralized location will offer the resort’s guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining.

At Walt Disney World Resort, many of our guest’s magical memories start at one of our 27-themed resorts each and every day, which is why we will always continue to “move forward” and “create new experiences” that are integral to the overall resort experience!

We can’t wait to share more with you as these projects come to life!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    DizDaD7 and Hopefully like this.
  2. Realgrumpy

Realgrumpy DIS Veteran

Because there aren't enough places to shop?

Kevin355 likes this.
  3. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

This is my thought process...

DVC coming to Caribbean Beach. This just announces the amenities as they don't want to take thunder away from their soon to open Wilderness Lodge DVC. They also sell it as a Deluxe now with new amenities, no moderate level DVC. And then of course the new Gondola transportation.

Coronado also becomes a "deluxe" level resort with new tower and amenities. This is for the business class to be on par with Yacht Club.

Micca likes this.
  4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike DIS Veteran

The new CSR tower looks like any nondescript nice hotel - though I suppose as does Bay Lake. Hopefully it blends nicely with the current aesthetic of the resort.

6. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

Kind of a minor detail out of a major expansion to be focused on. :confused3

7. HopperFan

You know one reason CSR has always been one of my favorites is because it is so highly themed, with Ranchos being our favorite. It's a stunning resort I love to walk around. The more I stare at this tower ............. it looks like just about any tower on I-Drive or Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and I surely hope this is a start. Some squiggly green iron work down the middle doesn't theme it.

8. rteetz

My guess is that's how its going to look as they want to appeal to the convention clientele and make it more "Deluxe".

wilkeliza likes this.
  9. HopperFan

I took it that the CBR announcement is focused on shopping and a restaurant with very little else to go on even though it's been the talk. My question is what does "reimagined mean"? Imagineering does lots of things but a quick read sounds like the theme is changing which would make sense if it also gets a tower, hardly still feel beachy unless you are thinking Panama City or Ft Lauderdale.

Also during this exciting time, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be reimagined with new additions to the resort’s current marketplace, Centertown, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas. This centralized location will offer the resort’s guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining.

Irish_Mike likes this.
  10. Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike DIS Veteran

The rumor from WDWNT earlier said that Disney would be looking at updating El Centro and room renovations. So I imagine it would be done to align with the tower's look, rather than vice versa?

11. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Moderate level suites & Concierge Services. WOW!!!

12. HopperFan

Well we've known about the room renovations for a LONG time and they are finally started and Ranchos buildings are being worked on. If they change the look of El Centro to match that tower ............. it will be just another Florida resort. Even the Swan and Dolphin have personality and totally non-normal look.

That is my issue - it should match existing CSR not change over CSR to nondescript.

13. rteetz

D.... V.... C.... and.... Gondolas!

We should start a chant lol.

Hopefully likes this.
  14. Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike DIS Veteran

Oh I totally agree with you. At this point, I'm expecting "nice Hilton with Disney touches in the rooms", rather than "Disney hotel with a convention tower"

15. rteetz

Well... I don't think this will be considered Moderate anymore.

Irish_Mike likes this.
  16. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Yes
    But what do you think?
    A 2 level resort? Current buildings Mod & new tower Deluxeat CSR? Or totally new reclassification of resort?

17. rteetz

I think we will see a total reclassification of the resort. There is a rumor that Disney wants to reclassify resorts based on location rather than Deluxe, Moderate, Value.

Hopefully likes this.
  18. HopperFan

WDWNT is calling it "Business Deluxe" and that makes sense. It previously had Business Class rooms and it has long been called the Deluxe of the moderates because of it's amenities. Also makes sense to focus conventions here where there is land to expand and YC/BC that gives them easy access to Epcot venues. And shores up the predictions of Contemporary convention leaving. That real estate is just too valuable.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/rumor-coronado-springs-resort-remodeled-business-deluxe-resort/

Babsy and Hopefully like this.
  19. butterfly71076

butterfly71076 DIS Veteran

Sounds like I'm about to be priced out of my favorite resort. I will try and keep an open mind, but I'm not feeling hopeful. :(

20. rteetz

Business Deluxe wouldn't work for CBR though.

Babsy and Hopefully like this.
  21. Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike DIS Veteran

Were they to classify CSR as Business Deluxe, I'd imagine them just bumping CBR up to a "full" deluxe due to it's proximity to an upgrades DHS, the new retail/dining options, etc.

Assuming they don't reclassify resort categories, Disney could also offer rooms at differing prices (Particularly for CSR and their new tower), similar to how cabins and campsites are priced for Fort Wilderness. Older rooms and sections remain at moderate pricing with current offerings, while rooms in the tower cost more - but offer more amenities such as the rooftop lounge and concierge.

rteetz likes this.