Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandalorian for the first time ever on season 2 the second episode on season 2 hit the top 10 on neilsens rating for streaming. It came in at number 3. Netflix had the other nine spots. It was only the second time that Disney plus made the top 10. Mulan made the list when it first came out.

Mandalorian for the first time ever on season 2 the second episode on season 2 hit the top 10 on neilsens rating for streaming. It came in at number 3. Netflix had the other nine spots. It was only the second time that Disney plus made the top 10. Mulan made the list when it first came out.
Just for context, Nielsen has only been doing rankings of streaming shows since early September and only added Disney+ in late September. Also, they only count what is watched in the 64,000 houses that are Nielsen houses (and only what those houses watch on their TVs, not on any mobile device). So these results are probably pretty skewed as I’m sure quite a lot of us watch streaming shows on our mobile devices. I would think Mando is a bit higher watched than this is saying.

Just for context, Nielsen has only been doing rankings of streaming shows since early September and only added Disney+ in late September. Also, they only count what is watched in the 64,000 houses that are Nielsen houses (and only what those houses watch on their TVs, not on any mobile device). So these results are probably pretty skewed as I’m sure quite a lot of us watch streaming shows on our mobile devices. I would think Mando is a bit higher watched than this is saying.
Yeah I watched Mando on my iPad.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-hawkeye-florence-pugh-jeremy-renner-disney-series-exclusive
The direct is hit or miss with news drops, so I’d take this with a grain of salt until THR/Variety etc report on it.

But if this is true, netting Pugh at the beginning of her ascent towards superstardom is huge for Disney/MCU. If she’s in this series, she’s likely going to be a large part of the MCU beyond this and Black Widow, which makes Black Widow an even more important film in the franchise

you have no way to watch it on a tv?
I routinely watch things on my iPad or even on my iPhone. Some shows that my wife and I want to both watch we‘ll stream to TV through PS4, but if it’s something only I’m interested in, a lot of time I watch on the mobile device. I also have friends that don’t even own a TV, they watch everything through their phone.

Mando is usually a show I watch on my iPad. A lot of time I find it more enjoyable because it’s easier to rewind and get a closer look at things.

Idk how you guys do that. I’ll watch my 2nd or 3rd viewings of episodes/movies on my iPad at the gym, but there’s no way I could watch for the first time like that, and I have the newest 12 inch iPad Pro which has great picture, but it doesn’t match the 4K on my tv

Idk how you guys do that. I’ll watch my 2nd or 3rd viewings of episodes/movies on my iPad at the gym, but there’s no way I could watch for the first time like that, and I have the newest 12 inch iPad Pro which has great picture, but it doesn’t match the 4K on my tv

well, when I group watch with Yesterdark that is already my 2nd viewing, I already watched each episode earlier with my family on my TV (though those usually have like 7 interruptsion from kid or another needing something)

It does seem like a good deal. After the first year, is there additional commitment to continue the subscription at the regular price or can you just stop? I couldn’t find anything specific in the terms.

Sorry for getting back to you so late--- been a little under the weather--- you can cancel at any time, and have the option to continue at the $5.99 price after the year is up

Hawkeye is going to start filming next week

I posted about it last week. They’ll be filming in Brooklyn. Not sure what they says about the series about location and the time of year they decided to start shouting, but to me is suggests that they plan to release the series next winter as they probably want the winter “feel” in the series(though it’s currently 63 degrees and raining) or they’d just use their city sets in Georgia

A thread has been started on the community board from some that has seen soul. Said it’s probably the least kid friendly out of all the Pixar movies but said it’s one of their top three movies that they liked the best

We should see Disney sing a long coming very soon to Disney plus if you didn’t watch it tonight it’s worth watching imo.

A thread has been started on the community board from some that has seen soul. Said it’s probably the least kid friendly out of all the Pixar movies but said it’s one of their top three movies that they liked the best

Starting to see more reviews being tabulated on RT. It’s been at 14 reviews (from the trades that got to see it early) and now they’re up to 36, so the floodgates seem to be opening. Still at 100% with many people having seen it saying it’s in their top 3-5 Pixar movies of all time. Really wishing more and more that this movie hit theaters. I get the need to release things before creating a logjam, but this one seems like a real missed opportunity

Starting to see more reviews being tabulated on RT. It’s been at 14 reviews (from the trades that got to see it early) and now they’re up to 36, so the floodgates seem to be opening. Still at 100% with many people having seen it saying it’s in their top 3-5 Pixar movies of all time. Really wishing more and more that this movie hit theaters. I get the need to release things before creating a logjam, but this one seems like a real missed opportunity

I'm excited and slightly nervous to see this! I think it will be really emotional. The past few years I've really grappled with my thoughts on the after-life, religion etc., and while I've come to my own conclusions (I think this is it baby! nothing else), I'm curious to see the affect this has on me. Pixar has a way of tugging at me emotionally that no one else does. I'm still a blubbering mess when I watch Coco and I've seen it at least 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter