Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in Harry Potter she was the weakest of the trio. But theres been far worse actresses getting work in Hollywood over the years than Watson. Beauty and the Beast is fine. Of the recent Live Action remakes I’d go

Cinderella (One of the most underrated Disney movies in the last 20-25 years)
Jungle Book
Alice in Wonderland
Aladdin
Dumbo (I’m the only person I know that really enjoyed this iteration)
Maleficent
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Christopher Robin
Lady and the Tramp

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Alice Through the Looking Glass
My list would have Maleficent and Christopher Robin higher but thats me.

Even in Harry Potter she was the weakest of the trio. But theres been far worse actresses getting work in Hollywood over the years than Watson. Beauty and the Beast is fine. Of the recent Live Action remakes I’d go

Jungle Book
Alice in Wonderland
Aladdin
Maleficent
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Christopher Robin
Lady and the Tramp

The live action Cinderella was excellent! I found all the actors to be perfect for their roles, the music was gorgeous and the costumes/scenery/colors were just mesmerizing.

Honestly, that's a movie that I can watch over and over, I never get sick of it. It's really just such a feel-good movie.

Jungle Book
Alice in Wonderland
Aladdin
Maleficent
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Christopher Robin
Lady and the Tramp

I generally haven't been a fan of the remakes but I did like Cinderella. I also though Christopher Robin was cute and at least a different take (even if similar to plot of other movies)

Just as an FYI, a friend of mine who got to see a preview of Mulan also previously had Cinderella as his favorite remake but said he thought Mulan was better than Cinderella

True, and Maleficent is a prequel. But I meant the live action versions of characters from the animated movies; remakes, sequels, etc.

Yes, Elfman’s score is incredible. He has a big name but I still think his total body work is under appreciated.

Maleficent doesnt get enough love. I think the story is great. Mistress of evil is a little archaic, but I didnt hate it. I’ve never been a fan of Jungle Book, but the work Favreau did all around and the voice acting made me a huge fan.

Mulan was one of my top 5 most anticipated movies of the year. I’m devastated that I have to watch it at home for the first time instead of on the IMAX screen.

I like Lion King just because the story is the same. My experience in the theater was pretty awful because I had to keep telling the people in the row ahead of me to stop taking their phone’s out and hitting us with their light and because they didnt listen I had to move to the front of the theater. But theres just something about this version that I just cant get into like I can the animated version. I like all of the voice talent. Maybe it was just the mouth movements that didnt seem as natural in LK as it did in JB

first time I say can you please put your phone away.
second time say y put your phone away.
third time I say put your xxxxxxx phone away.
Most of the time it’s only one or two times never had anyone do it the fourth time.

Last edited:
How do you sign up for that? I bought a year of D+ when it first launced, but didn't have Verizon unlimited. Now I do. While I don't need ESPN+ at the moment while we're in pandmeic world, would like to take advantage of the bundle (I have the correct tier)
Not sure. Likely may have to contact Verizon.

first time I say can you please put your phone away.
second time say y put your phone away.
third time I say put your xxxxxxx phone away.
Most of the time it’s only one or two times never had anyone do it the fourth time.

I got to the 3rd strike with these people where there were not so friendly words that came out of my mouth. I felt bad because even though the theater was pretty empty, there were some kids in attendance. But phone usage is something I dont tolerate at theaters. If theres a reason you might be needed elsewhere while you’re at the movies, just dont go. I’m paying just as much as you to see the movie, and I want to watch the movie, not your screen light. I never go tell on people because then I have to miss part of the movie searching for an employee and then explaining the situation, so I always just move to a row in front of them.

I generally haven't been a fan of the remakes but I did like Cinderella. I also though Christopher Robin was cute and at least a different take (even if similar to plot of other movies)

Just as an FYI, a friend of mine who got to see a preview of Mulan also previously had Cinderella as his favorite remake but said he thought Mulan was better than Cinderella

From every trailer of Mulan I’ve gotten Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl vibes, and thats one of my favorite movies of all time in any genre. So my anticipation level is very, very high for Mulan

So if you’ve got kids and you are cartooned out and want to watch something with them with real people, Magic Camp was pretty cute. Simple, sweet story and nothing inappropriate for the youngins (warning: the story did center around a kid with a passed away parent and there was a smidge of bullying. My highly empathetic kid needed a moment to process through some heavy emotions for a minute but overall enjoyed the movie)
Probably a good choice for the early elementary agers.

I didn’t look back through, but if you’ve got animal lovers or future zoologists, Secrets of the Zoo is a must watch. Very educational!

I didn’t look back through, but if you’ve got animal lovers or future zoologists, Secrets of the Zoo is a must watch. Very educational!

We love Secrets of the Zoo! Have watched all of them (the original one is our favorite).

Sort of hoping the coming "Magic of Animal Kingdom" is similar - but getting into other aspects of the park beyond the animal care

We love Secrets of the Zoo! Have watched all of them (the original one is our favorite).

Sort of hoping the coming "Magic of Animal Kingdom" is similar - but getting into other aspects of the park beyond the animal care
And the new season of the Tampa version has been airing Sunday nights at 9EST on Nat Geo Wild. The season finale is this coming Sunday.

The next season of the Columbus version of Secrets or the Zoo will premiere in October on Nat Geo Wild.

Love those shows!

We are definitely looking forward to the Animal Kingdom show too.

Dang I kept thinking Mulan was also going to be in currently open theaters. Ours is open but I stopped in and got the bad news.

He did say we have Unhinged this weekend. I said I'll show you unhinged. He laughed.

Now I'm wondering the best way to watch it, and if it will ever be in a theater.

Dang I kept thinking Mulan was also going to be in currently open theaters. Ours is open but I stopped in and got the bad news.

He did say we have Unhinged this weekend. I said I'll show you unhinged. He laughed.

Now I'm wondering the best way to watch it, and if it will ever be in a theater.

Its going to be in theaters in China, which should help a bit.

I think if sales aren’t doing well on D+ they’ll release it in theaters. By then, we hopefully see the big theaters open in California and New York. But they’re going to want to see how New Mutants does when it tests the waters next weekend. I have a feeling that New Mutants is going to do very well. I was looking up Disney Springs tickets for opening night of New Mutants. There’s very few seats left

83740045-6292-480E-BA5A-B3CB56C4C012.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter