Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' early preview rides begin at EPCOT

EPCOT's 'Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind' appears to be at an advanced stage in construction, with Disney executives now taking preview rides on the latest Walt Disney World rollercoaster. In a post on Instagram, Disney World President Jeff Vahle said, "After getting an update on the latest progress and an early test ride on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, I have three words: it is AWESOME!!!”

Any guesses to when guardians might open. Just wondering if I stand any chance with my May 2022 trip

The official line is still "Summer 2022" so I think it's slim - but maybe not quite impossible. If they are testing, they may be getting pretty close. If you're in late May then maaaaybe - might even get a soft-opening test run, but that'll take a lot of luck. I still doubt it so don't get your hopes up or plan for it - but consider it a bonus if it does happen!

Last edited:
'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' early preview rides begin at EPCOT

EPCOT's 'Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind' appears to be at an advanced stage in construction, with Disney executives now taking preview rides on the latest Walt Disney World rollercoaster. In a post on Instagram, Disney World President Jeff Vahle said, "After getting an update on the latest progress and an early test ride on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, I have three words: it is AWESOME!!!”
Bring on the AP previews!

EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival Begins March 2, 2022

The official start of winter is still a few days away, but spring is already in the air because our horticulture team at Walt Disney World Resort is busy producing topiaries, hanging baskets, flower towers and more in preparation for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. This popular and fragrant festival springs to life March 2 and runs through July 4. That’s 125 days to enjoy fresh cuisine, colorful gardens, playful topiaries and vibrant entertainment.

Since the festival is taking place during the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary celebration, a new main entrance topiary display will feature Goofy and a 50th-themed birthday cake. Other favorite Disney Character topiaries will include Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Germany pavilion or Lumiere and Cogsworth welcoming you to the recently expanded France pavilion.

The official start of winter is still a few days away, but spring is already in the air because our horticulture team at Walt Disney World Resort is busy producing topiaries, hanging baskets, flower towers and more in preparation for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. This popular and fragrant festival springs to life March 2 and runs through July 4. That’s 125 days to enjoy fresh cuisine, colorful gardens, playful topiaries and vibrant entertainment.

Since the festival is taking place during the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary celebration, a new main entrance topiary display will feature Goofy and a 50th-themed birthday cake. Other favorite Disney Character topiaries will include Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Germany pavilion or Lumiere and Cogsworth welcoming you to the recently expanded France pavilion.
Of course it starts the day I leave 🙄🙄 Good thing I’ll be back at the end of March 🥳🥳

I figured it would be going on the first week of May when we are down there celebrating our anniversary, but always good to get confirmation. Now we know for sure, we can spend our arrival day walking around World Showcase enjoying the food booths and the floral displays!!!!

The Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Celebration on ABC

The Festivities will kick off on ABC on Saturday, December 25th from 10am – 12 pm ET.

In addition to the parade, musical performances for “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade” include the following:

• Derek Hough and Julianne Hough – “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town”
  • Jimmie Allen – “White Christmas”
  • Kristin Chenoweth – “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
  • Darren Criss – “Christmas Dance”
  • Meg Donnelly – “Jingle Bell Rock”
  • Brett Eldredge – “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”
  • Norah Jones – “Run Rudolph Run”
  • Pentatonix – “I Saw Three Ships”
  • Gwen Stefani – “Cheer for the Elves”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter