Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DAH Boo event complicates MK’s ability to expand hours.

In September, on nights that there isn't a Boo Bash, MK is open until 9:00. On nights with a Boo Bash, MK is open until 8:30. So, for August, I guess on nights there isn't a Boo Bash, MK could stay open until 10:00 and on Boo Bash nights close at 9:00.

New Pre-Arrival Magic Bands for Resort Guests

New Riviera Magic Band - $25
New Goofy Band - $20
New Halloween Magic Band - $25

Thanks for the heads up on the new Magic Bands!

Come on Disney … “2“ Magic Bands for Riviera 🤷‍♀️ Spread the love around, give the other resorts their own Magic Bands. After all, Polynesian and Contemporary are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. (If you’re listening Disney, I also want a Wilderness Lodge Magic Band 😆)

Holding out for a 50th anniversary Magic Band, hope we get one 🤞

In September, on nights that there isn't a Boo Bash, MK is open until 9:00. On nights with a Boo Bash, MK is open until 8:30. So, for August, I guess on nights there isn't a Boo Bash, MK could stay open until 10:00 and on Boo Bash nights close at 9:00.

My gut feel is they shortened it up so that once the Fireworks are over, they can discourage day guests from venturing back deeper into the park. They already have people grouped at the exit, why let them venture to the back of the park, stay in line during the AH event and then try to wrangle them back to the exit.

My gut feel is they shortened it up so that once the Fireworks are over, they can discourage day guests from venturing back deeper into the park. They already have people grouped at the exit, why let them venture to the back of the park, stay in line during the AH event and then try to wrangle them back to the exit.
This would solve one of my main complaints from the Villains AH. We found that day guests did the usual get in line 1 minute prior to close. It then took a while for headliners to clear the lines and some residual backup at these rides. This created longer than expected waits and we felt like we lost some ground during the event as a result. If the park closes at 8:30, HEA is at 9 and the event starts at 9:30, this is not an issue. The regular lines are clear and you have only Boo Bash people in them for the duration.

Also, as far as "clearing" the park, there were CMs actively walking through at the beginning of the event (first 30-45 minutes or so?) sweeping people towards the front of the park and moving them out during VAH.

Performer line-up for the America Gardens Bandstand at the 2021 EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival

Here’s the lineup for Phase 1
  • July 16 to 19: Epic! Live
  • July 23 to 26: Champagne Orchestra
  • July 30 to August 2: Element
  • August 6 to 9: Sound Society
  • August 13 to 16: The Hooligans
  • August 20 to 23: The Vybe
  • August 27 to 30: The M-80s
  • September 3 to 6: Latin Ambition
  • September 10 to 13: Audio Exchange
  • September 17 to 20: The Hooligans
  • September 24 to 27: Epic! Live

I think U2 might be there with The Rolling Stones opening for them--- on OCT 1 :))

This would solve one of my main complaints from the Villains AH. We found that day guests did the usual get in line 1 minute prior to close. It then took a while for headliners to clear the lines and some residual backup at these rides. This created longer than expected waits and we felt like we lost some ground during the event as a result.
That's what happened during the VIPassholder event from a few years back. Lines were long all night because they didn't clear any day guests out.

I am still so confused why Boo Bash is even happening. What are the ACTUAL, FACTUAL reasons why MNSSHP can't happen? Capacity is up, fireworks are back, Boo to You can't happen? Ok, what about the halloween cavalcades like last year? Trick or treating can 100% still happen as the restrictions are dialed back. Did they just cancel out of fear that normalcy wouldn't be back in time? And then didn't want to insert foot in mouth to change it 2 weeks later? It seems their making more money off of Boo Bash than they would MNSSHP but truly are they? My family of 4 would buy MNSSHP tickets but NOT Boo Bash but maybe we're the minority. Just frustrated for everyone going this fall.

I am still so confused why Boo Bash is even happening. What are the ACTUAL, FACTUAL reasons why MNSSHP can't happen? Capacity is up, fireworks are back, Boo to You can't happen? Ok, what about the halloween cavalcades like last year? Trick or treating can 100% still happen as the restrictions are dialed back. Did they just cancel out of fear that normalcy wouldn't be back in time? And then didn't want to insert foot in mouth to change it 2 weeks later? It seems their making more money off of Boo Bash than they would MNSSHP but truly are they? My family of 4 would buy MNSSHP tickets but NOT Boo Bash but maybe we're the minority. Just frustrated for everyone going this fall.

My guess is two-fold:
1. Staffing
2. Concern of restrictions coming back

It has a lot to do with the 50th. They don't want to block out people from seeing the special fireworks 3 nights a week. Apparently it will be why they will do the same for Christmas.

My assumption has been that they've scaled it back since it overlaps with the beginning of 50th anniversary festivities and that requires a lot of resources.

Simply because they can...why have a whole party, and spend money for parades, shows, special fireworks when ppl. will jump at the opportunity to pay more for less??? From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense.

It has a lot to do with the 50th. They don't want to block out people from seeing the special fireworks 3 nights a week. Apparently it will be why they will do the same for Christmas.

I agree. Especially after they announced that the Halloween festivities in CA are going to be mostly like they were pre-Covid. It's primarily about maximizing the 50th celebration for the most people possible in FL.

It takes months of planning a huge event. Clearly they miscalculated how fast normal would return and there simply wasn’t time to get it all in place.

I agree. Especially after they announced that the Halloween festivities in CA are going to be mostly like they were pre-Covid. It's primarily about maximizing the 50th celebration for the most people possible in FL.

Then they need to bring back AP's especially for DVC members.

Then why Is DCA getting their normal halloween party this year? So number 2 isn't the reason and probably same with number 1 (maybe only a little number 1), so there is another reason.
They don't want to stop people day guests from seeing fireworks 3 nights a week. Especially for the 50th. I would expect something like Boo Bash for Christmas as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter