Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

It was THE BEST show on Disney+ - possibly on TV. It was so perfect and so anti-cynical unlike so much that's on. Season 2 seemed to hit quietly and I was worried, but I still thought it had a chance. I talk it up ALL THE TIME yet people don't watch. 😔

Next thing you know they'll kill the also good, but not quite as good, Secrets of Sulphur Springs.
I thought Sulphur Springs was decent too!

Good Morning!

mondays-how-i-feel-about-mondays.gif

Wheel of Fortune Looking for Star Wars Fans

FE65E4D2-5E13-41B5-AC47-3329DAD4432F.jpeg

Wheel of Fortune is looking for Star Wars super fans for its Star Wars week! If you get to be a contestant, you could get to be on Wheel of Fortune and win cash, Disney vacations, and more!

All you have to do to enter is fill out the form here. But wait, there’s more! Because you’ll also need to make and upload a video to tell Wheel of Fortune why you would be the BEST Star Wars contestant ever.

Wheel of Fortune Looking for Star Wars Fans

View attachment 736252

Wheel of Fortune is looking for Star Wars super fans for its Star Wars week! If you get to be a contestant, you could get to be on Wheel of Fortune and win cash, Disney vacations, and more!

All you have to do to enter is fill out the form here. But wait, there’s more! Because you’ll also need to make and upload a video to tell Wheel of Fortune why you would be the BEST Star Wars contestant ever.

Yeah, I filled out the form last week to throw my hat into the ring. I'm sure they'll be inundated, but damn this would be fun!

Yeah, I filled out the form last week to throw my hat into the ring. I'm sure they'll be inundated, but damn this would be fun!
Good luck! :)
We are huge SW fans in my house, but one night DH, my teen, and myself were playing SW Trivial Pursuit. Dang if we didn't even get a turn more than once, maybe twice. DH beat us by never getting any questions wrong 🤣 to give us any turns. I sent him this link, but I doubt he'll make a video.

Thanks @HokieRaven5 for sharing!

We are huge SW fans in my house, but one night DH, my teen, and myself were playing SW Trivial Pursuit. Dang if we didn't even get a turn more than once, maybe twice. DH beat us by never getting any questions wrong 🤣 to give us any turns. I sent him this link, but I doubt he'll make a video.

Just so you know, you don't have to submit a video, it's optional, I did not. You do have to submit a photo, though.

My friends and I can't play Star Wars trivia games with each other - we're all too good! 🤓

My friends once had the bright idea to buy me a Simpsons trivia game because I love the show. I told them, "You don't want to play this with me." Yeah, they played it - ONCE!

Last edited:
My husband was on wheel of fortune when we first got married 20+ years ago. He won 10k and got to the final round and was unable to solve the puzzle. If he would have solved it he had the $100k final puzzle prize. He’s the biggest SW fan in the house but I don’t think he’s eligible to go on the show again. It was a fluke that he got on, his grandma begged us to take her to a wheel of fortune event locally she had seen on the show and it was a contestant search, she didn’t speak English well and thought she could meet Pat Sajak. She was thrilled to see him on the show instead.

My husband was on wheel of fortune when we first got married 20+ years ago. He won 10k and got to the final round and was unable to solve the puzzle. If he would have solved it he had the $100k final puzzle prize. He’s the biggest SW fan in the house but I don’t think he’s eligible to go on the show again. It was a fluke that he got on, his grandma begged us to take her to a wheel of fortune event locally she had seen on the show and it was a contestant search, she didn’t speak English well and thought she could meet Pat Sajak. She was thrilled to see him on the show instead.

Some gameshows do allow for repeat contestants after a certain amount of time. I know it is possible on The Price is Right. Sometimes they like the highlight an older appearance, if it's interesting anyway. You might check.

Construction to Impact Portion of Floridian Way Near Disney's Polynesian Village Through Late Summer
As work for the proposed expansion of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort continues at Walt Disney World, construction is expected to cause brief, intermittent traffic delays on Floridian Way from January 30 through late summer 2023.

Traffic delays can occur at any time throughout the day, and roadway impacts are subject to change due to operational needs or weather conditions. Guests and Cast Members are encouraged to drive safely and follow appropriate signage.

Here's a map showing the portion of the road that is expected to be impacted by this construction project:

Is it just me, or does this look so much smaller than I thought? I mean I know it’s going to be taller… but the foundation footprint looks small..
I don't think this is the entire foundation yet. If you click through to the article, the last photo is a map of the entire project with the outline of the building, parking lots, and monorail's path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter