Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I don't think this is the entire foundation yet. If you click through to the article, the last photo is a map of the entire project with the outline of the building, parking lots, and monorail's path.
I find that foundations always look smaller than the final product. Something about the lack of context. Once walls go up it suddenly looks much bigger. That might be just me though.

TRON Lightcycle / Run Canopy Officially Powers On

Greetings, Programs! As a kid, I spent countless hours playing video games at my local arcade. The anticipation of hearing a quarter drop into an arcade machine only fueled my excitement at the ensuing video competition (which was most likely me playing “Discs of Tron” again). I felt that same joy last night with my camera in hand as the “curved wave” canopy, called the Upload Conduit, was officially powered on in its entirety at TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise. And I wanted you to be among the first to see these breathtaking images from this major milestone moment.

tronmk374086704702.jpg

The Upload Conduit will serve as the digital bridge into The Grid for your Lightcycle when this attraction opens in Magic Kingdom Park on April 4. As a lifelong “TRON” fan, I was in awe. The massive structure was constructed of nearly 40 pieces, strategically assembled and aligned, to create the perfect system for moving Lightcycles to The Games.

TRON Lightcycle / Run Canopy at Magic Kingdom Park

I’ve seen the Upload Conduit from afar while riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover and the Tomorrowland Speedway, but nothing prepared me for being directly under it. When Lightcycles whiz by overhead, lights dance across the conduit leaving glowing hexagons.

These visuals are enhanced by familiar music from the “TRON: Legacy” soundtrack (something that is on heavy rotation in my house). I could have watched the colorful stripes of blue, orange and white chase along the canopy for hours.

C311BCCD-0C2A-4ACE-A67B-532E6BFA2006.jpegD46897DE-101F-42F3-8E3E-5DB0E7392319.jpeg57657F5F-1F92-4794-8D6B-8A8953EF774B.jpeg63B586A8-6CF2-49E9-9BBB-9E25B6DB5B43.jpeg

Wheel of Fortune Looking for Star Wars Fans

View attachment 736252

Wheel of Fortune is looking for Star Wars super fans for its Star Wars week! If you get to be a contestant, you could get to be on Wheel of Fortune and win cash, Disney vacations, and more!

All you have to do to enter is fill out the form here. But wait, there’s more! Because you’ll also need to make and upload a video to tell Wheel of Fortune why you would be the BEST Star Wars contestant ever.
Any wagers on how many times they show/talk about Galactic Starcruiser on these episodes?

TRON Lightcycle / Run Canopy Officially Powers On

Greetings, Programs! As a kid, I spent countless hours playing video games at my local arcade. The anticipation of hearing a quarter drop into an arcade machine only fueled my excitement at the ensuing video competition (which was most likely me playing “Discs of Tron” again). I felt that same joy last night with my camera in hand as the “curved wave” canopy, called the Upload Conduit, was officially powered on in its entirety at TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise. And I wanted you to be among the first to see these breathtaking images from this major milestone moment.

tronmk374086704702.jpg

The Upload Conduit will serve as the digital bridge into The Grid for your Lightcycle when this attraction opens in Magic Kingdom Park on April 4. As a lifelong “TRON” fan, I was in awe. The massive structure was constructed of nearly 40 pieces, strategically assembled and aligned, to create the perfect system for moving Lightcycles to The Games.

I’ve seen the Upload Conduit from afar while riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover and the Tomorrowland Speedway, but nothing prepared me for being directly under it. When Lightcycles whiz by overhead, lights dance across the conduit leaving glowing hexagons.

These visuals are enhanced by familiar music from the “TRON: Legacy” soundtrack (something that is on heavy rotation in my house). I could have watched the colorful stripes of blue, orange and white chase along the canopy for hours.

View attachment 736309View attachment 736310View attachment 736311View attachment 736312
Least we know where the crowd will be at night. Left side of the park will be walk ons for sure!

Is there an official Flower and Garden thread for updates? I tried to search but couldn’t find one

Disney Treasure Construction Update: Neptune Werft Completes Floating Engine Room Unit (FERU) – January 2023

A German maritime website reports the Disney Treasure’s floating engine room unit, or FERU for short, has been completed at Neptune Weft in Rostock, Germany ahead of its conveyance to Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg. The January 16th article from THB states the FERU which is about 140 meters long by 39 meters wide was under construction for the better part of 6-months.

THB Disney Treasure FERU Rostock 20230116

The FERU is equipped with five main engines of type 12V 51/60DF as well as the two LNG tanks. The block was removed from the Neptune Werft hall and sits on a floating dock in front of the hall. The floating dock will be flooded in the next few days and the section will thus be launched. Eventually, the floating dock with the Disney Treasure FERU will be transferred from Rostock via the North-Baltic Sea Canal and the Ems upwards to Papenburg with tugboat assistance.

Thanks. I can’t believe how late they are with the information. It seems like we should know a lot more by now.
The artist release for the concert series are a little later than usual.

Menus have been announced about a week before the festivals lately, and Merchandise reveal varies about a week or 2 before the festival, sometimes teased sooner.

Disney PhotoPass Photographers Go Green with NEW Costumes
Next time you are at Walt Disney World, you may notice something different about our Disney PhotoPass photographers. That’s because, beginning Feb. 1, photographers will debut brand-new costumes!

• gut6543wwesdrftyuhygtfre-768x1024.jpg
  • i9u8765e4sdfgyhuijijuytre-768x1024.jpg
The new look fully embodies a “green” theme – not only is the shirt green, but the costume itself is environmentally friendly! The fabric is made up of recycled material, which even includes the Disney PhotoPass emblem stitched on the sleeve. At Disney, we are constantly pushing boundaries to solve great challenges. Josh, Costume Designer for Disney Live Entertainment, takes this mindset to heart when developing new costumes.

“Sustainability and environmental consciousness are major focuses of all design work for cast member costumes,” he said. “We’re always looking for new practices and technologies that go the extra mile towards reducing our environmental footprint.”

In addition to helping the environment, the costumes also help our photographers. The fabric is designed to control moisture and protect against the sun’s rays. It’s no secret the sun is bright here in Florida, so Josh and the team took extra steps to make sure cast members are protected.

“My favorite part about designing costumes for our cast is ensuring they are comfortable and safe,” Josh said. “We help them to be at their best so they can make magic for our guests.”

• i876543wesdrt67y8uiytre-768x1024.jpg
  • iju8y7t6r5e4wsedrfty78u9iuyt-768x1024.jpg

Next time you are at Walt Disney World, you may notice something different about our Disney PhotoPass photographers. That’s because, beginning Feb. 1, photographers will debut brand-new costumes!

The new look fully embodies a “green” theme – not only is the shirt green, but the costume itself is environmentally friendly! The fabric is made up of recycled material, which even includes the Disney PhotoPass emblem stitched on the sleeve. At Disney, we are constantly pushing boundaries to solve great challenges. Josh, Costume Designer for Disney Live Entertainment, takes this mindset to heart when developing new costumes.

“Sustainability and environmental consciousness are major focuses of all design work for cast member costumes,” he said. “We’re always looking for new practices and technologies that go the extra mile towards reducing our environmental footprint.”

In addition to helping the environment, the costumes also help our photographers. The fabric is designed to control moisture and protect against the sun’s rays. It’s no secret the sun is bright here in Florida, so Josh and the team took extra steps to make sure cast members are protected.

“My favorite part about designing costumes for our cast is ensuring they are comfortable and safe,” Josh said. “We help them to be at their best so they can make magic for our guests.”

This is really cool. They are some of the unsung heros of the parks and I hope this means they're getting more attention and more recognition.

Reminds me of green screen, so I will think “magic shot” as soon as I see the shirt, lol!

Those should stand out nicely. Perhaps better than the khaki that blended in with everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter