Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Figment Popcorn Buckets Now Available at the Connections Cafe Counter in EPCOT

Guests apparently have the option to purchase a Figment popcorn bucket when ordering food at the counter! We spoke with a Cast Member who confirmed that guests can now order and pay for Figment right at the counter.

View attachment 735473
Man, imagine being somebody who spent through the nose when these things were first released. The way things are going, you might end up getting one just for showing up at the gate.

Is it just me, or does this look so much smaller than I thought? I mean I know it’s going to be taller… but the foundation footprint looks small..
This is such a small sliver of land there that there’s not room for much else otherwise the monorail track would have to be incorporated into the design or they add fill to create a new shoreline to have more land to build on. Not having a monorail in operation for a few years during this build is not a great choice when trying to sell rooms as $800 a night on the monorail loop.

NEW: Trail’s End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness will close for refurbishment in the spring and reopen later this year as a marketplace concept with expanded quick service options. The table service option will no longer be offered.

Scott Gustin Twitter
Oh shoot we’re staying there in May. I hope they have more food trucks if this is closed during our stay

Re Tron lockers: how many guests are going to be wandering around the exit side trying to remember their locker number?
I bet they have a Mickey scanner that you scan your ticket or magic band on and then it shows your locker number. Maybe not, but that would prevent the forgetting. It kind of looks like there is something like that in the video after he exits the ride and is going to retrieve his stuff.

Attachments

• F1D05D1F-44B2-4B60-9586-3866E181C1D2.jpeg
    F1D05D1F-44B2-4B60-9586-3866E181C1D2.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I just always wear a strap around my head in amusement parks, because I would be totally hosed if they got lost/broken. I’ve never had a ride operator make me take them off once they knew I had them strapped.

I used to use a strap at Disney until I discovered it was largely unnecessary. For a few rides at Uni I might want it. It may be a good idea to bring it for TRON.

I always wear one on RNRC. Otherwise, I end up hitting them in the shoulder harness and almost losing them. Caught them twice this way. I don’t ride anything at UO that needs them. Probably won’t be riding until Xmas, so we should know more by then.

Re Tron lockers: how many guests are going to be wandering around the exit side trying to remember their locker number?
At Universal, you scan your ticket at the exit lockers. The system knows your locket and opens it automatically. No need to remember a locker number.

I always wear one on RNRC. Otherwise, I end up hitting them in the shoulder harness and almost losing them. Caught them twice this way. I don’t ride anything at UO that needs them. Probably won’t be riding until Xmas, so we should know more by then.

At Universal, you scan your ticket at the exit lockers. The system knows your locket and opens it automatically. No need to remember a locker number.
How close are you to the lockers when they are opened though? Worried someone may steal my bag.

Monorail CLOSED in Disney World, May Not Reopen Today

As of right now, the EPCOT Monorail is currently closed. We spoke with a Cast Member here who said it was “closed for the day”, so it’s unclear if it will reopen today.

2023-EPCOT-Monorail-Closed-Sign-1-700x525.jpg
EPCOT Monorail Closed
We confirmed that the Magic Kingdom Monorail loop was closed as well.

How close are you to the lockers when they are opened though? Worried someone may steal my bag.
You are only at most 2-3 feet away. There are multiple banks that control maybe 8 or 10 columns of lockers or less. Been doing this for years at Universal and never was more than about an arms reach away, and I have short arms. If someone can grab your stuff before you bop them or see them, then they are a professional pickpocket from Europe, and they probably stole your stuff before you even had a chance to put it in a locker🤣 I wouldn’t worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter