Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I wonder what they're going to do with all of the stuff they won't reuse in the new ride? All of the animatronics and scenery, they're not going to just throw it all away...
They’ll probably store whatever is still usable. The vultures overlooking the tracks on Seven Dwarfs came from the Snow White ride. They might also change the “clothes” on some of the animatronics and reuse them. They’ve also been known to sell items.

They’ll probably store whatever is still usable. The vultures overlooking the tracks on Seven Dwarfs came from the Snow White ride. They might also change the “clothes” on some of the animatronics and reuse them. They’ve also been known to sell items.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t sell anything from Splash as they don’t want to appear to be profiting from anything related to Song of the South.

You are only at most 2-3 feet away. There are multiple banks that control maybe 8 or 10 columns of lockers or less. Been doing this for years at Universal and never was more than about an arms reach away, and I have short arms. If someone can grab your stuff before you bop them or see them, then they are a professional pickpocket from Europe, and they probably stole your stuff before you even had a chance to put it in a locker🤣 I wouldn’t worry.
Just back from DLP. I saw two instances of brazen stealing! Not in the park but at the train station & airport.

NEW: Trail’s End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness will close for refurbishment in the spring and reopen later this year as a marketplace concept with expanded quick service options. The table service option will no longer be offered.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Pretty disgusted, as TE was my favorite buffet with some great comfort food. The current concept was doomed to fail, but I'm certain if they brought back the buffet it would have been a hit again.

I've got a feeling Disney is laying the ground work for a food court type area that can be shared with the eventual River Country DVC property ... but will Disney ever get back to developing that 'Reflections' area and will the Trail's End concepts survive that long?

Hours Extended for Star Wars Launch Bay Character Meet & Greets at Hollywood Studios

As part of a renewed effort to increase entertainment offerings at Walt Disney World, the Star Wars Launch Bay character meet & greets have extended their hours, effective immediately. Previously, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and BB-8 would keep to a normal 9am to 5pm schedule. Starting today, the meet and greet hours have been extended until 7pm. The meet and greet hours for all three characters will be 9am to 7pm going forward.

Dang we love that show

It was THE BEST show on Disney+ - possibly on TV. It was so perfect and so anti-cynical unlike so much that's on. Season 2 seemed to hit quietly and I was worried, but I still thought it had a chance. I talk it up ALL THE TIME yet people don't watch. 😔

Next thing you know they'll kill the also good, but not quite as good, Secrets of Sulphur Springs.

I watched Mysterious Benedict Society and was not a fan. It was a genre that I normally enjoy, but I just thought the storyline and acting were very, very weak. I got through all of S1 and the first two episodes of S2 and just couldn’t force myself to watch anymore.

That being said, sorry for those of you who were fans - it’s a bummer to have a favorite show cancelled.

I watched Mysterious Benedict Society and was not a fan. It was a genre that I normally enjoy, but I just thought the storyline and acting were very, very weak. I got through all of S1 and the first two episodes of S2 and just couldn’t force myself to watch anymore.

That being said, sorry for those of you who were fans - it’s a bummer to have a favorite show cancelled.

But...but...Constance! She was so, so great! 😉

Also, Tony Hale, Kristen Schaal, Ryan Hurst - et al. I can get it not being someon's cup of tea, but bad acting? I dunno man....I dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter