Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

As someone who couldn’t fit on FoP at first then lost 100+ pounds so I can now fit without a push, I’m honestly worried about Tron.

Also, I have been told that the back restraints on FoP were in fact loosened at some point. The part of the restraint system that keeps you safe is apparently the one around the legs (which is why you’re instructed to position them a specific way). The back restraint, from what I’ve been told, is more to keep people from attempting to climb loose during the ride.

But I guess I’ll find out about Tron in May (though I’m hoping to lose another 20-30 pounds by then).

This post makes me so mad. Best I don't post what I am thinking. Shame car? Really?
Meant it as everyone should be able to ride it as intended instead of it's current form being this strict. Essentially what happened the past few days where people can't initially fit then pointed back to that car. Lines for that car should barely exist as nearly everyone should fit, instead of being 30 min long when line is essentially walk on otherwise... That bids really bad for when they actually have the full queue filled.

Meant it as everyone should be able to ride it as intended instead of it's current form being this strict. Essentially what happened the past few days where people can't initially fit then pointed back to that car. Lines for that car should barely exist as nearly everyone should fit, instead of being 30 min long when line is essentially walk on otherwise... That bids really bad for when they actually have the full queue filled.
That's what the test seat at the entrance is for. If people tried it first it would help.

Some people will be too big to go on certain rides. It's a shame but it's the way it is, just as some people are too short, or get too much motion sickness, or are pregnant, or have a condition that makes certain rides a no-no.

I often find it odd that people look at height restrictions without question as part of the safety deal, but when it comes to size and/or weight restricting access it's treated as a big deal and a sense of entitlement starts to creep in: 'well they should have just designed the ride so big people like me/my husband/my auntie Joanne can go on it too!'.

My spouse is on the small side for a guy (about 5'6" and 160 lb) but something about his body build gets him stuck on FOP every time. The auto restraint release doesn't work so the Cast Member has to manually release him from the seat (while the rest of us laugh hysterically).

My spouse is on the small side for a guy (about 5'6" and 160 lb) but something about his body build gets him stuck on FOP every time. The auto restraint release doesn't work so the Cast Member has to manually release him from the seat (while the rest of us laugh hysterically).
Has this happened successfully my daughter got stuck and the CM couldn’t release her. The CM kept pushing the restraint in my daughter was screaming bloody murder, felt like the longest 2 minute of my life. Finally another CM was able to release her.

Some people will be too big to go on certain rides. It's a shame but it's the way it is, just as some people are too short, or get too much motion sickness, or are pregnant, or have a condition that makes certain rides a no-no.

I often find it odd that people look at height restrictions without question as part of the safety deal, but when it comes to size and/or weight restricting access it's treated as a big deal and a sense of entitlement starts to creep in: 'well they should have just designed the ride so big people like me/my husband/my auntie Joanne can go on it too!'.
To be fair then, there's quite a difference. There's a specific height listed online that's pretty simple for. folks to figure out if they meet that requirement or not. There's nothing online listing a specific weight/calf size etc., so you really are comparing apples to oranges. And before anyone starts, yes there's a "test" vehicle in front of the ride...not the same as something listed online so ppl. know before they ever start planning or get there.

I think they should just add another train of cars that are JUST the cars for people who can't, or don't want to, sit in the cycles. There might be some riders who could fit on the cycles but would prefer the other seats,
That leads to a change to the launching, braking and other safety measures for one train and then programming it to adjust accordingly when that train is on the track. That train alone would also lead to the footprint of the attraction expanding as it would need its own separate loading area and queue so as to not impact those going on the standard ride vehicle.

Last edited:
To be fair then, there's quite a difference. There's a specific height listed online that's pretty simple for. folks to figure out if they meet that requirement or not. There's nothing online listing a specific weight/calf size etc., so you really are comparing apples to oranges. And before anyone starts, yes there's a "test" vehicle in front of the ride...not the same as something listed online so ppl. know before they ever start planning or get there.
That's not feasible. Weight is not carried like height. Two people can be the same weight and carry that totally differently (ie one in their legs on in their gut) so lbs isn't a good measure.

Someone might argue waist size is, but even then a size "14" in women's varies wildly by brand, cut, and more, and again they may have a waist size that fits the ride but they wear that size pants for another reason.

That's not feasible. Weight is not carried like height. Two people can be the same weight and carry that totally differently (ie one in their legs on in their gut) so lbs isn't a good measure.

Someone might argue waist size is, but even then a size "14" in women's varies wildly by brand, cut, and more, and again they may have a waist size that fits the ride but they wear that size pants for another reason.
Right...that's my point. The pp was comparing apples to oranges when they were commenting on ppl. being fine with rides with a height requirement. As I said that's very simple and something ppl. are able to wrap their head around and understand before they ever leave their house. What the pp was talking about is VERY different, which is why ppls reactions/thoughts are different.

I do get what you're saying. IMO why most are upset is that this is a rare thing for Disney. Outside of height requirements just about every attraction is made for everyone no matter body size.

When I heard about this issue with Tron it didn't bother me due to seeing it happen a lot at just about every other park.

Right...that's my point. The pp was comparing apples to oranges when they were commenting on ppl. being fine with rides with a height requirement. As I said that's very simple and something ppl. are able to wrap their head around and understand before they ever leave their house. What the pp was talking about is VERY different, which is why ppls reactions/thoughts are different.
Gotcha, I misunderstood your point. It was much clearer in this comment!

As someone who tends to be pretty borderline in fitting in some of these attractions, I've even found the test vehicle method unreliable. Tried to ride the Harry Potter ride at Universal once, fit in the test vehicle at the entrance, waited in line, and was denied boarding at the ride itself. It was definitely super frustrating. This is after riding it the year before and losing ten pounds in the year between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter