Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I mean, that is exactly what happened with Remy so I wouldn’t put it past them.

They did hold Remy back just so something would be open in time for 50th anniversary :D September would fit the Fall time frame though
Unlike Remy, Moana is outdoor stuff, including lots of real plants that need time to establish. While it may have been "done" as far as construction, esthetically it may not have been ready yet.

This is promising! What do we think the chances of this being ready for guests in mid-September are? My husband's first time at Epcot was February 2022 and he was...underwhelmed. All of the walls everywhere just didn't sell him on the vibe. I'm excited for him to see it a bit more open in a couple of months!
I think it depends if the walk through warrants a DVC/AP/D23 exclusive period

If not July 25th is the first day of F&W however a half dozen booths don’t open till early August and I could see that date being the opening of moana… now that figment meet over/under it will start before wine & dine
So what is to become of her old locations?
Like pp has said mirabel will be arriving this fall

Disney Eats: Foodie Guide to San Fransokyo Square
We also know Lucky Fortune Cookery will receive new offerings on July 19, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill on July 26, Rita’s Turbine Blenders on July 26.
Aunt Cass Café, Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería and the Baymax Sipper will be available later in the year, probably when the Baymax meet and greet opens

I think it depends if the walk through warrants a DVC/AP/D23 exclusive period

If not July 25th is the first day of F&W however a half dozen booths don’t open till early August and I could see that date being the opening of moana… now that figment meet over/under it will start before wine & dine

Like pp has said mirabel will be arriving this fall
We have DVC, AP, & D23, so maybe we'll get lucky then. Though, I've never tried to snag a preview for anything before, so that would be a learning curve for me. Opening it up after F&W is in full swing make sense. And it would make extra sense for them to open it after schools go back to hopefully draw more crowds back to the park to see it.

Disney Eats: Foodie Guide to San Fransokyo Square
We also know Lucky Fortune Cookery will receive new offerings on July 19, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill on July 26, Rita’s Turbine Blenders on July 26.
Aunt Cass Café, Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería and the Baymax Sipper will be available later in the year, probably when the Baymax meet and greet opens
We are hoping since San Fransokyo’s completion has been stated as late Aug that Aunt Cass will be opened late September….
We have DVC, AP, & D23, so maybe we'll get lucky then. Though, I've never tried to snag a preview for anything before, so that would be a learning curve for me. Opening it up after F&W is in full swing make sense. And it would make extra sense for them to open it after schools go back to hopefully draw more crowds back to the park to see it.
We are APs and of recent previews Toy Story Land we got emails after it was sold out, Pandora was either just top tier passes or we got notifications too late, SWGE was just top tier passes, Ratatouille & GoTG we got in, Tron we waited 3 hours in the queue and it was sold out

Communicore hall and plaza, are these new additions? What's inside?

They are a new stage and hub for the festivals. Original they were going to build a bigger festival center, but th eplans changed. It will be an area that can host flex events.

Most benefits are gone, 200 euro more for the highest tier for way less...

I renewed just in time so I am good till next year June. But after that, I might not renew. There are not enough benefits left.
I am in serious doubt what to do after next June. If calculated correctly, I need 7 park days to justify the highest tier. My visits are usually 2 days, sometimes 3 days. This means 3-4 visits a year.

But it is also the principle, a 40% price increase for the highest tier with so many benefits removed or adjusted.

What I enjoyed about the AP are a lot of little things together.
- EMH if I go with a lower tier
Complicated, as I stay onsite so often. We stayed onsite often last few years due to the park reservations.
- Photopass if I go with a lower tier.
Yes, love this.
- private access
Not a big deal to loose it, but I like it.
- free baggage storage
7 euro per day I use it, or build in extra time to go back to the hotel, when staying onsite.
- vip spots for parade and fireworks.
Didn't need it, because I have seen them so many times, but really liked it. Especially for fireworks in the summer. Do not look forward to stand in crowded places at night.
- hotel discount
This is a hard one, I often booked immediately via booking.com, because I hate calling Disney to find out if there was a discount.
- no discount when renewing.
Yeah... this is a bigger amount of money. It is great you can now more easily order it over the phone (they say), but the money will be missed.

Not or hardly relevant to me:
- decreased merchandise discount
Not a big issue for me, as I rarily buy merchandise.
- decreased restaurant discount
Yeah it was nice, but in the big picture, did I save that much money? The difference is a couple of euro's... hard to say.
- no parking
I dont have a car...
- Friend tickets
I dont have friends 😉 well, yes and no. I have friends, but not friends I go to DLP with. I have my Disney buddy and she has an AP as well ( for now).
- swimming at hotels.
Never used this.
- Easier to get park reservations
With me staying onsite so often, I don't really care. I used the waitlist once, and I got it granted quite easily.

The AP parties... this is really complicated to judge, as sometimes there is really unique entertainment, but they are so busy and the hassle of getting tickets is insane.

A rare character meet & greet only for AP holders (Supposedly in a relaxed setting) Hard to judge as it is new, and also I have been going to Disney parks around the world for so many years, I have met so many characters. What is still a rare character to me? Still bummed that i missed the Sultan during 2016 half Marathon weekend and Quasimodo in 2019 during the AP party, but if I do not meet them ever in my life... can live with that 😜

Last edited:
But it is also the principle, a 40% price increase for the highest tier with so many benefits removed or adjusted.

Sadly, I think you and all Europeans can expect this situation moving forward with DLP being fully owned and operated by TWDC. I've never been to DLP, but I have heard it is really beautiful, and competes with DisneySea from that standpoint. I hope TWDC doesn't ignore DLP's maintenance and upkeep, etc.

Sadly, I think you and all Europeans can expect this situation moving forward with DLP being fully owned and operated by TWDC. I've never been to DLP, but I have heard it is really beautiful, and competes with DisneySea from that standpoint. I hope TWDC doesn't ignore DLP's maintenance and upkeep, etc.
Oh you can definitely see the difference since TWDC took over and they were able to do a lot of maintenance during covid. However, with the park being open 365 days a year, there will always be a backlog, as you cannot do it all at once.

DLP is by far the most beautiful park. I don't think Disney Sea is as beautiful :p Even when I am slightly biased. Disney Sea has very beautiful nooks and corners, and I understand that people go there just to take pictures. But as an overall park... no. And that probably has to do when I visited it when it was several cloudy, slightly rainy days. DLP is still beautiful in the rain. Disney Sea looks so much better in the sun.

Since the TWDC takeover, in recent years, DLP has really stepped up their game with shows, especially seasonal shows and seasonal snacks. With that they really catered to the repeat visitor, to the locals. To then insult these people by saying: you have to pay 40% more, for a lot less, BUT! it is an improvement...

TWDC taking over is a double edged sword. It has brought improvements, but this step might bite them in the back.

There are several petitions from AP holders on change.org, which won't help, of course. What i can see on European boards, a lot of people will vote with their wallet. As this steep price increase prices out many families.

DLP has to be careful, as they do depend on the locals. The 2nd and 3rd most visited parks in Europe, Europapark (Germany) and Efteling (The Netherlands) are much cheaper and really rival Disney when it comes to experience and beauty.

Last edited:
Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party Announced for MNSSHP Nights

Event Details

• Location: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom park, with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden
  • Time: Check in at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant 1.5 hours before the fireworks begin
  • Price: $99 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $59 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter