Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I kind of agree....

It comes off as cheap to me. Do they not have the staff to have the characters come to the resorts for photos? They've done it at a few deluxe resorts but unsure about the All Stars.

They have done it sometimes when the parks close for a hurricane or something and when COVID was forcing closures but people were still stuck at the hotels for a time. It is not a regular occurrence.

I like the idea of the camera thing, but I'd have it add the like cartoon versions of the characters, not the costumed versions.

Last edited:
I kind of agree....

It comes off as cheap to me. Do they not have the staff to have the characters come to the resorts for photos? They've done it at a few deluxe resorts but unsure about the All Stars.
That's what I was wondering. We see the characters at the deluxe resorts almost every time we go. I just assumed they went around to all the resorts, but maybe not.

They have done it sometimes when the parks close for a hurricane or something and when COVID was forcing closures but people were still stuck at the hotels for a time. It is not a regula occurrence.

I like the idea of the camera thing, but I'd have it add the like cartoon versions of the characters, not the costumed versions.
I've seen some characters show up at randomly at a few resorts, even outside the park closures and storms. Specifically at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. Have never seen it at any of the monorail resorts.

This is just sad.

I kind of agree....

Goofy was at All Star Music in April as I was returning to my room after my 10 miler I hope this isn’t a means to end these character surprises as it’s fun unexpected magic

Attachments

• IMG_4736.jpeg
    IMG_4736.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4

D23 Lounge & Reserved Viewing Area at Disney Jollywood Nights

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23-lounge-reserved-viewing-area-at-disney-jollywood-nights/
Basically offered only Nov 27 & 29. $23 per person (in addition to your ticket to the Jollywood event).
  • D23 Reserved Viewing Area for Disney Jollywood Nights’ exclusive nighttime spectacular Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! on Monday, November 27, 2023 or Wednesday, November 29, 2023
  • D23 Fa La La La Lounge at PizzeRizzo with:
    • Light Food & Beverage Options
    • Charging Stations
    • Photo Opportunity
  • Commemorative Gift & Credential

I've seen some characters show up at randomly at a few resorts, even outside the park closures and storms. Specifically at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. Have never seen it at any of the monorail resorts.
I’ve seen random characters at POR

Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party Announced for MNSSHP Nights

Event Details

• Location: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom park, with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden
  • Time: Check in at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant 1.5 hours before the fireworks begin
  • Price: $99 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $59 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9

"A valid admission ticket for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on the same night is required and is not included in the price of the dessert party."

Whoa whoa whoa......... hold on for a second....... so, If I go to Disney, and I pay whatever $ for my park ticket, and then I pay for the SEPARATELY ticketed Halloween Party and now I have a separately ticketed dessert party inside of my separately ticketed Halloween Party.... this is like a Russian nesting doll of separately ticketed events lol can I pay extra at the dessert party for some 100 year old The McCallum? LOL

Talking about $1000 for a family of 4 to do with, and that is assuming they don't even buy regular park admission for earlier in the day.

"A valid admission ticket for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on the same night is required and is not included in the price of the dessert party."

Whoa whoa whoa......... hold on for a second....... so, If I go to Disney, and I pay whatever $ for my park ticket, and then I pay for the SEPARATELY ticketed Halloween Party and now I have a separately ticketed dessert party inside of my separately ticketed Halloween Party.... this is like a Russian nesting doll of separately ticketed events lol can I pay extra at the dessert party for some 100 year old The McCallum? LOL

Talking about $1000 for a family of 4 to do with, and that is assuming they don't even buy regular park admission for earlier in the day.
This isn’t any different than the fireworks dessert party that Magic Kingdom has every single night. Some people prefer to pay to not have to camp out in the hub for decent fireworks viewing. I can see it being even more valuable during MNSSHP, which has limited time to do all the things you might want to do.

Anyone know how the 4 day park ticket special works? Says it doesn’t require park reservations, but then also says subject to capacity limits. Does that means more like actual capacity (like it used to be) vs reservation capacity?

You don't need regular park admission for MNSSHP. You get in with JUST the party ticket.

If I’m not mistaken, they also do this on some holidays, particularly pre-COVID.

Anyone know how the 4 day park ticket special works? Says it doesn’t require park reservations, but then also says subject to capacity limits. Does that means more like actual capacity (like it used to be) vs reservation capacity?
I believe it is actual capacity. It does feel very strange to not have reservations especially when it still shows as something needed on MDE.

Not sure, we do have an example of a park being fully reserved since those tickets became available though (July 4). Curious if people with the special were able to get in.

Not sure, we do have an example of a park being fully reserved since those tickets became available though (July 4). Curious if people with the special were able to get in.
Yeah we are going next week so I figure it’ll be fine & we are staying on grounds. But still makes me a little nervous.

I don't think the special was good for July 4.

I don't think you'll have an issue getting into a park, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter