Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preetttyy sure we’re up before the sky…
No way! Where I am, the stars were up dancing all night!!! It was distracting!! Pretty sure I saw a planet pop up too! 😂

A8B1254B-4DD4-4FB8-B357-482C45DFDBDA.jpeg
I went to bed at about 10, was up from 1:30 to at least 4:30, does that count? lol
Back up about 40 minutes ago. Gonna be a long day.....:snail:
Same!!! I slept at least two hours, then woke at 1:30 and couldn’t fall back to sleep till at least 3:30-4!! I’m pretty tired this morning.

Disney World Shortens Advance Booking Window for Hotel Rooms

Starting today, Disney World has shortened the advance booking window for room-only hotel reservations. Previously, the window was 499 days from the current date. Reservations so far in advance were only available to be made by phone. Now, Disney is shortening the booking window for room-only reservations to however far out their current annual product is. For example, right now, dates are only available through the end of 2023. When 2024 dates and prices are released next spring, the booking window will then follow to the end of 2024. Here’s the announcement:

Beginning Aug. 19, 2022, room-only reservations can only be booked as far out as annual product release dates. As a result, you will no longer be able to book room only reservations beyond released annual product dates.

Beginning August 19, guests may book room-only stays through our current available booking window, which goes through Dec. 31, 2023. For guests wishing to book past our current available dates, new annual packages and expanded date availability typically becomes available in late spring.

Disney World Shortens Advance Booking Window for Hotel Rooms

Starting today, Disney World has shortened the advance booking window for room-only hotel reservations. Previously, the window was 499 days from the current date. Reservations so far in advance were only available to be made by phone. Now, Disney is shortening the booking window for room-only reservations to however far out their current annual product is. For example, right now, dates are only available through the end of 2023. When 2024 dates and prices are released next spring, the booking window will then follow to the end of 2024. Here’s the announcement:
That's a little annoying. It was nice to be able to reserve a room and know you had something for an important date. Race weekends come to mind, I typically book those over a year in advance.

That's a little annoying. It was nice to be able to reserve a room and know you had something for an important date. Race weekends come to mind, I typically book those over a year in advance.

It'll be interesting to see what this does with the Fort Wilderness campsite reservations. Travel agents typically buy up huge chunks of sites at the 499 mark for the most popular times. I don't know if this will make things easier, or now even harder for the common folk to snag a campsite.

Agreed! We always booked well in advance when I knew we’d be needing something not the norm - like a 2-bedroom club level. Things like that will be so much harder to reserve now.

No way! Where I am, the stars were up dancing all night!!! It was distracting!! Pretty sure I saw a planet pop up too! 😂

View attachment 695267

Same!!! I slept at least two hours, then woke at 1:30 and couldn’t fall back to sleep till at least 3:30-4!! I’m pretty tired this morning.
Wow at your pic! :) Our stars never get that bright anymore with all the construction in the area.

Here's to some sleep for all of us this weekend who didn't get it this week! 💤😴💤

World Princess Week Returns to Disney Parks Next Week

All next week, we are celebrating the brave, beloved Disney Princesses as World Princess Week returns Aug. 21-27. World Princess Week is part of the Ultimate Princess Celebration that kicked off last year, which is a global extravaganza across The Walt Disney Company that highlights the impact of Disney Princesses and the courage and kindness they inspire in fans all around the world. And making her official debut as a Disney Princess this year is Kumandran warrior Raya from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Raya and the Last Dragon”!

This royal week is being launched by someone who knows a thing or two about being a princess. Global superstar and Grammy Award-winning recording artist Brandy visited Disneyland Resort for a special performance in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle of “Starting Now,” the theme song of Ultimate Princess Celebration!

All next week, we are celebrating the brave, beloved Disney Princesses as World Princess Week returns Aug. 21-27. World Princess Week is part of the Ultimate Princess Celebration that kicked off last year, which is a global extravaganza across The Walt Disney Company that highlights the impact of Disney Princesses and the courage and kindness they inspire in fans all around the world. And making her official debut as a Disney Princess this year is Kumandran warrior Raya from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Raya and the Last Dragon”!

This royal week is being launched by someone who knows a thing or two about being a princess. Global superstar and Grammy Award-winning recording artist Brandy visited Disneyland Resort for a special performance in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle of “Starting Now,” the theme song of Ultimate Princess Celebration!

Cool. I love Raya! I didn't realize she was actually considered a "Disney Princess" in the formal sense.

Oh I’m excited! Not to much going on, but we will be there and going to BBB so I’m excited none the less.

Me either. If Raya is a princess, Namaari should be added to the lineup too, even if she isn’t the title princess of the movie.

Yeah, but Namaari is kind of the villain of the picture - well, her mom really, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter