Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - I'm excited. 2 christain bands playing during my visit.
Although there are a few others i'd like to see more, but dates are what they are.

Hyperspace Lounge laughs at Galactic Starcruiser pricing. $5000 for this:

Disney Refuses to Disclose What’s In the $5,000 Star Wars Drink on the Disney Wish

Disney is apparently reluctant to tell the media what’s actually in the drink. Multiple members of the media have asked what is in the Kaiburr Crystal drink and Disney has refused to answer. An odd choice for a media cruise that is intended to produce positive stories (and bookings) for the brand new ship. As of right now, the only description that Disney has given is the official menu listing, which says that the drink is “the galaxy’s rarest and valuable cocktail”.

Just so everyone knows, I have asked, and asked, and asked what’s in the Kaiburr Crystal at Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge and no one will tell me anything.

Disney Refuses to Disclose What’s In the $5,000 Star Wars Drink on the Disney Wish

Disney is apparently reluctant to tell the media what’s actually in the drink. Multiple members of the media have asked what is in the Kaiburr Crystal drink and Disney has refused to answer. An odd choice for a media cruise that is intended to produce positive stories (and bookings) for the brand new ship. As of right now, the only description that Disney has given is the official menu listing, which says that the drink is “the galaxy’s rarest and valuable cocktail”.
1656616673428.gif

Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar Special Passholder Beverage

Enjoy an Annual Passholder special beverage available for purchase at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar from July 5, 2022 to August 5, 2022. The Boarding Pass features Old Forrest Straight Bourbon 86 proof, Chambord, lemonade and an orange slice; or Passholders can order the non-alcoholic version.

Available July 5, 2022 to August 5, 2022, during normal operating hours or while supplies last. Alcohol will only be served to Guests 21 and older with a valid ID. Must present valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID to purchase. No discounts apply. Offer, beverage availability and operating hours subject to change without notice.

Even in the down market we're experiencing, DIS stock is doing worse than expected. I wouldn't recommend stock with Chapek around. Sure Disney is making money, but there is some glimmer of hope that the horrible customer feedback may be reflecting in the stock price ... although I'm not so sure of that.
Hoping if I buy now though that it will go up in the future.

Hoping if I buy now though that it will go up in the future.

Please no one take investment advice from me ... but as someone who holds a nice chunk of DIS stock ... I'm thinking the stock may still plummet some more through '22 as revenge travel subsides and people tighten the purse all sorts of things as we may head into recession. I really don't want to bet against Disney though so if the stock hits bottom around 4thQ '22 into 1stQ '23, it may be a good time to start buying around early next year.

... But I can also be just as wrong as the next person

Is there any ingredient that justifies that price?

I'm thinking the price is more of a PR move ... kinda like where you hear stories of places having $1000 burgers. Disney probably doesn't even expect any sane person to order it, but put it on the menu to drum up interest. I still find it odd that they won't list the ingredients ... knowing that nothing may justify the true price they could still do something like using a pricey rare liquor and shaved gold leaf etc ...

Details Revealed for 2022 ONE Family Pin Celebration

Calling all Pin Collectors. Disney has just released some awesome details about the 2022 Disney One Family Pin Celebration! From August 12 – 13, guests visiting Disney World will be able to connect with fellow pin traders as ONE Family.

Tickets for the ONE Family pin trading event are priced as follows:
  • Traditions Package – Admission $175 per guest.
  • ‘Ohana Package – Admission $275 per guest
  • Package add-ons are also available and limited in quantity.
Disney has created an awesome guide of the pins that will be available during the event. You can find it here – Family Product Catalog.

The Disney ONE Family Pin Celebration will take place at the World ShowPlace in EPCOT on Friday, August 12 – Saturday August 13, 2022. Pre-registration for the event will begin at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Convention Center on August 11, 2022.
Registration is NOW open for the event. You can check out the links below to register:

Can Disney legally refuse to disclose the ingredients of the drink?
I’ve never been to a bar where they disclose this when ordering a drink. This might be different but it may be similar in some respects

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter