Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney World Carriage Rides Now Available to Book Via My Disney Experience

Earlier this year, we were excited to share the news that Horse Drawn Carriage Rides have returned to Port Orleans Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Now booking incorporating these awesome extras into your travel plans is easier than ever as the options have been added to the My Disney Experience app!

Under “Enchanting Extras Collection” guests will now find the horse drawn excursions.

Your Carriage Awaits
Take in rustic beauty as you travel along charming pathways on a horse-drawn carriage.

Schedule & Pricing
You'll board your carriage for a 25-minute ride at theRiverside Levee Marina at Disney's Port Orleans Resort- Riverside. Carriages fit up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and
3 small children). Each horse-drawn carriage ride costs $55.

How to Book
Advance reservations are highly recommended, as availability is limited.
Reservations can be made on this page or with the My Disney Experience app up to 60 days prior to your visit. Same-day reservations and walk-ins can be made
on a limited basis and are subject to availability.

Carriage-7-602x1024.jpg
Darn, I read the title quick and thought they were offering rides in Cinderella's carriage, LOL!

Kind of makes sense that he got extended through 2026.

He’s very much tied to the success/failure of Disney+ currently. Why not have him be the one at the helm until the expected subscriber/profitability goals of 2024. If they don’t reach those goals they will possibly consider removing him and have had the time to find a proper replacement.

Last edited:

Harmony Barber Shop at Magic Kingdom Fully Booked, Updated Pricing Revealed

Harmony Barber Shop at Magic Kingdom will reopen on July 31, 2022, and updated pricing for the shop has been released. Guests were able to make reservations starting today.

The reservations calendar only goes through August 8 currently, and all time slots were booked within 45 minutes of reservations opening this morning.

The barbershop will accept a limited number of walk-ins on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Prices for the various Harmony Barber Shop offerings have gone up by a few dollars. Here is the updated pricing:
  • Child’s Haircut: starts at $20
  • My First Haircut: starts at $28
  • Adult Haircut: starts at $21
  • Beard Trim: starts at $8
The “My First Haircut” experience includes an embroidered Mickey ear hat and milestone certificate. It increased by $3.

Guests who don’t show up for their reservation or cancel within 24 hours will be charged $10.
Oh this is interesting only the first 9 days are open? I wonder when the rest will open.

I wouldn't recommend buying stock in Disney, there are MUCH better choices for investing.
Disney stock is extremely undervalued. Disney took a big hit ($5 billion) during Covid by paying salaries for part of the time, and all the covid expenses at the parks.

Disney earned $12 billon in 2018 and $11 billion in 2019. Then lost $3 billion because of covid in 2020. They're finally back to profitability of $2 billion in 2021. I bet they'll be back to $10 billion this year.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/DIS/disney/net-income

Disney will bounce back and the stock will go up at least 50% in the next year, probably double in the next 2 years.

First Photos From Worlds of Marvel Restaurant and Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge on Disney Wish

Entertainment Weekly has shared the first photos from inside the Worlds of Marvel restaurant and Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge aboard the Disney Wish. We have seen concept art for the spaces before, but not actual photos.

disney-wish-avengers-quantum-encounter-ant-man-wasp-1200x800.jpeg

In Worlds of Marvel, guests will experience “Avengers: Quantum Encounter,” an interactive show starring Ant-Man and The Wasp. As shown in the new photo, there are screens on the walls of the restaurant to show scenes from Marvel movies and scenes from the show that take place outside of the restaurant — like a giant seagull attacking the Disney Wish. Ant-Man and The Wasp will walk around the restaurant and visit guests at their tables. Each table will have its own Quantum Core — the glowing cylinder seen in the photos above — described as “a brand-new device that can cause objects to shrink and grow remotely.”

disney-wish-star-wars-hyperspace-lounge-1200x743.jpeg

When we stayed at Jambo, Timon came around for photos. My husband was downstairs buying a bottle of wine and posed for a photo with him.
he said “I met Pumba downstairs”. I looked at the photo… it was Timon.
lol
edit sorry it was Rafiki. I had forgotten until I looked at the photo. But at the time, I knew it was Rafaki :)

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8

Wireless Chargers Embedded Into Nightstands Being Tested at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Guest staying in rooms 9001-9040 of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside may notice that their room is now equipped with a wireless charger that's embedded within one of their nightstands. This new feature is currently being tested at a limited number of resorts, so Guests experiencing challenges with the device are encouraged to report them to the Front Desk for troubleshooting purposes.

If the test is successful, this new feature may be rolled out to more resorts in the coming months.

Disney World Removes Upcoming Star Wars Character Meet and Greets from Genie+ Lightning Lane Offering

The offerings have been removed from the website after previously saying that they would be included with Genie+ Lightning Lane beginning July 17th.

It’s unclear why they were removed, but as of right now, don’t plan on them being available for Genie+ Lightning Lane. It’s possible that Disney World will update its website at a later date with more information about the meet and greets.

Of course, this could simply be a mistake in what seems to be an ongoing string of mistakes on the Disney World website. Most recently, it was showing Annual Pass levels as being available to purchase before an update was made to halt sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter