Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the worst part is that until now, we could speculate they weren’t happy with the damage Chapek was doing to their brand. Now we know that not only don’t they mind, they like it. I guess this is the new Disney, take it or leave it.
They aren’t bothered about quality, as long as they are making bank. The legacy of the parks is going further downhill and is becoming like other parks. It’s not going to be anything special about it the way it’s going on. The you will pay more for less trend will continue.

Another 3 years of watching the quality of the parks going downhill.
And 3 more years of shares declining :( I think I'm most sad that it was a unanimous vote. But then, he is in the habit of firing people he doesn't like, so maybe everyone is afraid for their jobs.

Am seriously considering going for my 50th. Depends on what can be afforded depending on the way things are going with costs etc.
I would say do it. The flights will be the biggest cost but if you have airline miles that'll help a lot. Everything else is not that expensive. TDR itself is cheap compared to WDW/DL. Their parks also have a reservation system and there is NO park hopping for 2 day tickets but honestly I didn't mind no park hopping. There's enough to see/do in each park to last a whole day.

I would say do it. The flights will be the biggest cost but if you have airline miles that'll help a lot. Everything else is not that expensive. TDR itself is cheap compared to WDW/DL. Their parks also have a reservation system and there is NO park hopping for 2 day tickets but honestly I didn't mind no park hopping. There's enough to see/do in each park to last a whole day.
Before the pandemic I was looking into it and it was feasible. Now with fuel costs I doubt it will be.

I think the worst part is that until now, we could speculate they weren’t happy with the damage Chapek was doing to their brand. Now we know that not only don’t they mind, they like it. I guess this is the new Disney, take it or leave it.
I look at this a little differently. I think this shows some fear in the board. The current economy is the biggest concern. 2008 seriously hurt the company. With rumors/predictions of another recession, the board is showing the shareholders and investors they have confidence and are assuring some stability for the next 3 years. Investors hate instability. The markets will show whether anyone bought it or not.

j

We had hoped to go this summer but are hoping for next summer. Went to Disneyland/Southern California instead.
I was supposed to go to Disneyland for Oogie Boogie Bash in 2020 but that trip was canceled so I know how you feel :( I hope you end up going to TDR sometime. Disneysea is hands down the best Disney park in my opinion.

I look at this a little differently. I think this shows some fear in the board. The current economy is the biggest concern. 2008 seriously hurt the company. With rumors/predictions of another recession, the board is showing the shareholders and investors they have confidence and are assuring some stability for the next 3 years. Investors hate instability. The markets will show whether anyone bought it or not.

j
This is how I saw it, too.

Disney World Carriage Rides Now Available to Book Via My Disney Experience

Earlier this year, we were excited to share the news that Horse Drawn Carriage Rides have returned to Port Orleans Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Now booking incorporating these awesome extras into your travel plans is easier than ever as the options have been added to the My Disney Experience app!

Under “Enchanting Extras Collection” guests will now find the horse drawn excursions.

Your Carriage Awaits
Take in rustic beauty as you travel along charming pathways on a horse-drawn carriage.

Schedule & Pricing
You'll board your carriage for a 25-minute ride at theRiverside Levee Marina at Disney's Port Orleans Resort- Riverside. Carriages fit up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and
3 small children). Each horse-drawn carriage ride costs $55.

How to Book
Advance reservations are highly recommended, as availability is limited.
Reservations can be made on this page or with the My Disney Experience app up to 60 days prior to your visit. Same-day reservations and walk-ins can be made
on a limited basis and are subject to availability.

Carriage-7-602x1024.jpg

They aren’t bothered about quality, as long as they are making bank. The legacy of the parks is going further downhill and is becoming like other parks. It’s not going to be anything special about it the way it’s going on. The you will pay more for less trend will continue.

So long as people continue to pay more for less, they'll keep charging more and laugh all the way to the bank.

Buy some stock and find ways to enjoy the brand.

Even in the down market we're experiencing, DIS stock is doing worse than expected. I wouldn't recommend stock with Chapek around. Sure Disney is making money, but there is some glimmer of hope that the horrible customer feedback may be reflecting in the stock price ... although I'm not so sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter