Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney's wording on the limits causes a lot of this. The signs say 2 per guest. We witnessed a particularly ugly situation in October over the Mickey 50th popcorn bucket. A woman was raising HE double hockey sticks over being limited to 2. She had her two kids with her and said they should each be able to get 2 so she wanted 6, then went on to say she had 6 family members in the park and they all should get 2 as well. The CM kept insisting it was 2 per family and the woman went nuts. It was terrible. Eventually they did let her buy 6 of them, but even then she was insisting on talking to a manger to complain about how she'd been treated. We felt so bad for the poor CM's and tried to make them feel better once it was our turn in line.

You would really think Disney would figure this out by now. At the end of the day, I doubt they really care that much, as long as it all gets sold.
Based on the wording I would agree that it should be 2 per person. But those people have to be present at the time of purchase. Not that I would ever need 6 popcorn buckets. But this has come up with limited edition pins. I wanted one as did each of my kids. 3 total. If it's per family we would be out of luck. Translation: I would be out of luck because I would let my kids have them. :)

Technically this is probably only big Disney news in my house, but if you happen to go to Spice Road Table next week, look out for my girl! I can't wait to hear all of the stuff that she learns in the College Program! (at least that she is allowed to share) There is a HUGE group of new DCP kids starting today and tomorrow who will be "earning their ears" over the next week. I am also eager to see if they end up reopening Restaurant Marrakesh while she is there and she gets to work there as well. A lot seems to be going on in that building and the other restaurants are so full it seems Disney could use it.

They're bragging about how their "hot" new coaster only 35 minutes (sounds like it ain't that popular) while a 6 hour line of rabid fans are lining up for popcorn at their rivals? Somebody needs to check themselves. Also, their troll posting reeks of immaturity and pettiness.

They do it for the retweets. I see it as all in good fun. If you think that's immature and petty - don't go on twitter because it's a whole lot worse out there.

This is why I love Universal's Twitter team more than Disney. This plus the way they promote new attractions by teasing (They gave churros out when Velocicoaster opened because for months before its announcement they referred to it as a new churro stand)

Yeah, it's just Universal's personality - Disney isn't like that, which is fine too. It's all in good fun.

“Rainbow Connection” Spaceship Earth Points of Light to Debut for 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts

Disney Imagineer Zach Riddley has announced that a new Spaceship Earth Points of Light show will debut tonight for the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts. The rainbow connection pattern will be accompanied by The Muppets performing the song.

View attachment 639060

🥰🥰🥲🥲

Stop it.

We are going next weekend for Festival of the Arts but you'll find me planted here the entire night. Hope my family has fun without me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter