Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney’s Figment Popcorn Bucket Resale Drama Has Taken a New Turn

9618CE37-F542-457A-9949-995C8800648C.png

There’s one listing in particular, however, that caught our attention: the Bad Artwork Sketch of 2022 Epcot Festival of the Arts Figment Popcorn Bucket.” When we first spotted the listing, the bidding had gone up to $26.

According to the artist, Julia, who penned this sketch, this is a “Limited edition of ONE — can be signed upon request or you can sign your own name to it — it’s really bad artwork that anyone could have created with 5 minutes, a hotel room pen, and a piece of paper.”

Here’s the catch: proceeds from the sale of the “Bad Artwork Sketch” will go to charity! The sketch is listed as an Official eBay for Charity listing, and 90% of the proceeds will be donating through eBay to Habitat for Humanity.

So, I wonder if this is the case or if it's being reported more. That said, it certainly does seem to be more prevalent since they reopened in July of 2020.

I think it is happening more frequently. We know that it's happening a lot more on airplanes. I also have felt that people were ruder late 2020 and all of 2021 at the parks than before. I blame Voldemort.

When will Disney learn from the get go to only allow a purchase of two for these limited release items? It's so frustrating that they haven't learned.
I think there is a limit, but if CMs don't enforce, then it doesn't matter. I don't blame the CMs for not enforcing stuff though, because nowadays they would probably get punched for it.

View attachment 638978

There’s one listing in particular, however, that caught our attention: the Bad Artwork Sketch of 2022 Epcot Festival of the Arts Figment Popcorn Bucket.” When we first spotted the listing, the bidding had gone up to $26.

According to the artist, Julia, who penned this sketch, this is a “Limited edition of ONE — can be signed upon request or you can sign your own name to it — it’s really bad artwork that anyone could have created with 5 minutes, a hotel room pen, and a piece of paper.”

Here’s the catch: proceeds from the sale of the “Bad Artwork Sketch” will go to charity! The sketch is listed as an Official eBay for Charity listing, and 90% of the proceeds will be donating through eBay to Habitat for Humanity.

Now that I can respect! 🤣

View attachment 638978

That is awesome!!

I think there is a limit, but if CMs don't enforce, then it doesn't matter. I don't blame the CMs for not enforcing stuff though, because nowadays they would probably get punched for it.

Disney's wording on the limits causes a lot of this. The signs say 2 per guest. We witnessed a particularly ugly situation in October over the Mickey 50th popcorn bucket. A woman was raising HE double hockey sticks over being limited to 2. She had her two kids with her and said they should each be able to get 2 so she wanted 6, then went on to say she had 6 family members in the park and they all should get 2 as well. The CM kept insisting it was 2 per family and the woman went nuts. It was terrible. Eventually they did let her buy 6 of them, but even then she was insisting on talking to a manger to complain about how she'd been treated. We felt so bad for the poor CM's and tried to make them feel better once it was our turn in line.

You would really think Disney would figure this out by now. At the end of the day, I doubt they really care that much, as long as it all gets sold.

View attachment 639044

Universal gets in on the popcorn jokes.

They're bragging about how their "hot" new coaster only 35 minutes (sounds like it ain't that popular) while a 6 hour line of rabid fans are lining up for popcorn at their rivals? Somebody needs to check themselves. Also, their troll posting reeks of immaturity and pettiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter