Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he was one of those who purchased the Magic Band+ back when they were mistakenly put out for sale for a few hours. He claims his was fully charged this morning.

Hmm - that's not too promising then. Was he hitting the features hard or just a little bit? It will be interesting to know. I'm sure some of the usual bloggers willput them through their paces from a full charge tomorrow. We'll have tons of metrics!

I'm curious about something, and this is likely something we won't know until later. What causes the bands to react? Is it an RFID signal, or do they respond to particular sounds? I know that similar effects have been used in concerts, and days after the show, people have reported their devices reacting to music on the radio. Now, if the technology is the same, does that mean you can play the songs from the fireworks show, and have your MB+ start playing along. Even more interesting, does that mean you could be watching a live stream on YouTube, and get a show of your own at home? The possibility is kind of exciting.

Hmm - that's not too promising then. Was he hitting the features hard or just a little bit? It will be interesting to know. I'm sure some of the usual bloggers willput them through their paces from a full charge tomorrow. We'll have tons of metrics!
He was playing some of the games in Galaxy’s Edge.

Does anyone know if the Magicband + will work if you pop it on your Fitbit (can you remove the circle part from the band?). I hate wearing two watches…

How Long Does It Take to Recharge a MagicBand+?

So, we broke out our 10W portable charging brick and hooked up our MagicBand+ to it to begin charging. From a starting position of “Charge Soon” to a charge state of “Full” it took 75 minutes. That said, we don’t think that all “full” charge states are created equal. Without a battery percentage displayed in the My Disney Experience app, it’s possible that “full” could start at 85%. What seems to be clear in our testing is that “full” is not always 100%.

We had two MagicBand+ wearables showing “full” when we started playing the Batuu Bounty Hunters game, and one showed “low” 90 minutes into playing while the other one showed “partial” at the same time. While it’s possible that the MagicBand+ devices could have experienced different power drain, it’s more likely that the “full” on one MagicBand+ wasn’t the exact same as the “full” on another MagicBand+.
If you purchase a MagicBand+, we would plan on a full charge taking at least 90 minutes. From there, the MagicBand+ will lose battery at various rates based on usage. The Batuu Bounty Hunters game seems to be the biggest drain on the battery life with MagicBand+ batteries lasting anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours while playing the game. If you plan on playing Batuu Bounty Hunters, make sure that you have a way to recharge your MagicBand+ while at the parks. Disney officially says that MagicBand+ will last anywhere from 1-3 days.

New Trash Cans Arrive at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios has new, simpler trash cans and recycling bins.

toy story land trash cans 2
1658970197724.gif

I think that I might have another IT issue when trying to buy MagicBand+'s on MDE. I get through to the checkout page and then I have an endless circle of death in the "Payment Method" spot.

Anyone else getting this? Any solution?
Seems to be a common and re-curring problem. Just change to a different internet provider. This morning I was having problems paying for my MagicBand+ on Edge when it kept cycling, but then I changed to Chrome and my order was there and quickly paid for. When I went back to Edge it was still cycling so I closed it.

Disneyland Tokyo News:

‘Believe! Sea of Dreams’ Nighttime Spectacular to Debut November 11 at Tokyo DisneySea

After around a year of delays, the highly anticipated ”Believe! Sea of Dreams” nighttime spectacular will finally debut at Tokyo DisneySea on November 11!

AD7CDADA B756 4C6B BAC3 7CB45A788D8B

Oh, man, I bet that will be SO GOOD! They used to have Fantasmic! there but it was a totally different version. It shared the general plot and some music (including the main fanfare), but was set in their lagoon to be viewed from all around. Everything they do there is beyond spectacular, and this will no doubt be absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Two 50th Anniversary MagicBand+ Designs Pulled From Shelves at Disney World

Two MagicBand+ designs have been identified by Disney as having issues, according to Cast Members BlogMickey.com spoke with yesterday. Both the “Partners” 50th Anniversary MagicBand+ and Cinderella Castle 50th Anniversary MagicBand+ devices were pulled from the shelves yesterday after Disney identified an issue with the devices’ ability to pair with your phone correctly. A fix is expected quickly, and the MagicBand+ designs could end up back on the shelves as early as today or in the coming days as Disney works to replace or fix defective bands.

partners-50th-anniversary-magicband-plus-2000x1079.jpg
cinderella-castle-50th-anniversary-magicband-plus-2000x1044.jpg

Oh, man, I bet that will be SO GOOD! They used to have Fantasmic! there but it was a totally different version. It shared the general plot and some music (including the main fanfare), but was set in their lagoon to be viewed from all around. Everything they do there is beyond spectacular, and this will no doubt be absolutely amazing!
I have no doubts either. I've been reading that Disneysea is somewhat struggling right now due to zero night time entertainment (a familiar issue with HS right now actually) but this will fix that problem. I saw a video of the new parade in TDL and that looked amazing so I have high hopes for this as well.

I have no doubts either. I've been reading that Disneysea is somewhat struggling right now due to zero night time entertainment (a familiar issue with HS right now actually) but this will fix that problem. I saw a video of the new parade in TDL and that looked amazing so I have high hopes for this as well.

What is the new parade? Are they not running Dream Up anymore? I LOVE the soundtrack to Dream Up!

And, I know that you know, anything Tokyo Disney touches will be absolutely first-class spectacular!

Two 50th Anniversary MagicBand+ Designs Pulled From Shelves at Disney World

Two MagicBand+ designs have been identified by Disney as having issues, according to Cast Members BlogMickey.com spoke with yesterday. Both the “Partners” 50th Anniversary MagicBand+ and Cinderella Castle 50th Anniversary MagicBand+ devices were pulled from the shelves yesterday after Disney identified an issue with the devices’ ability to pair with your phone correctly. A fix is expected quickly, and the MagicBand+ designs could end up back on the shelves as early as today or in the coming days as Disney works to replace or fix defective bands.

partners-50th-anniversary-magicband-plus-2000x1079.jpg
cinderella-castle-50th-anniversary-magicband-plus-2000x1044.jpg
Hmmmm, I pre-ordered one of those bands with our upcoming hotel stay. Hopefully it will work okay by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter