Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caved and bought a Partners MagicBand+ and I don't even have a trip in planning yet 😂 Or maybe I was just being optimistic in hoping Disneyland actually would be using MagicBands soon, like they originally promised. But of course, there haven't been any MagicBand scanners installed (or any sign of them) over here, so that is very doubtful. I guess this means I NEED to start planning another WDW trip, right?

Full List of MagicBand+ Designs (With Prices) Available at Walt Disney World Resort

There is a limit of two per MagicBand+ design per guest. This means guests can buy multiple bands, but only two of one design.

magicband 2

magicband 4

1658933605321.jpeg

*click for more… posting the additional bands from what I saw in the pre-order selection.

Here is my question. The old bands used RFID technology for the ride pics. Do the new bands use the same technology or something new? And if they use RFID does the battery last more than 2 years? Basically am I spending $35 for a one time use since my family only goes every 2 years.

Here is my question. The old bands used RFID technology for the ride pics. Do the new bands use the same technology or something new? And if they use RFID does the battery last more than 2 years? Basically am I spending $35 for a one time use since my family only goes every 2 years.

The new bands are rechargeable - it's one of their best features.

I guess I should say will the RDIF chip last more than 2 years?

An RFID chip should last a very long time. My badge for work, which is a short range RFID, still works after like 15 years or so. There is no reason it shouldn't other than damage to the unit. The long range chip just needs power, and with a rechargeable battery that shouldn't be an issue. I suppose eventually the battery will stop holding a charge, but I wouldn't expect that to happen soon. There may even be a way to replace them (not an official way but people are very crafty).

An RFID chip should last a very long time. My badge for work, which is a short range RFID, still works after like 15 years or so. There is no reason it shouldn't other than damage to the unit. The long range chip just needs power, and with a rechargeable battery that shouldn't be an issue. I suppose eventually the battery will stop holding a charge, but I wouldn't expect that to happen soon. There may even be a way to replace them (not an official way but people are very crafty).

Thanks! that makes sense.

Magic Band+ Launch Update:

The queue is no longer active on shopDisney, so the mad rush is over. There are still 17 MB+ styles available there, but that's less than what was available on the MDE app this morning for resort stays and APs. (https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ent-of-fun-2022-edition.3865310/post-64184368).

From the photos posted just above, it looks like a lot more styles are available at the parks. For certain, the Black Panther one was not available for pre-arrival on the MDE app nor is it available in the shop.

Has anyone seen a Haunted Mansion style to date??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter